Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jan 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3358386)   #26
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't John Wyer running somebody's private racing operation when he was pinched by Aston, who eventually made it into F1?
Old 25 Jan 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3358410)   #27
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Walker was working as a team manager at Surtees after his own team withdraw.

We have Günther Schmid running his two teams Rial and ATS

Then there was Tom Walkinshaw, but he was also shareholder at Ligier and Arrows...
Old 25 Jan 2014, 12:20 (Ref:3358413)   #28
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I did not see this coming. Imaginative move by McLaren and the Ronster. Must be tough for an outsider to move into the Woking framework, though. At least it puts to bed the Ross Brawn rumours.
Old 25 Jan 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3358417)   #29
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eric and Martin chatting post 2013 Brasil GP. What do you think they are talking about?

Martin: Hi Eric.

Eric: Hey Martin. Look, I've only been in F1 for just four years, and I'm doing a better job with my team, than you are with yours currently.

Martin: What are you trying to say Eric?

Eric: What I am saying is, Ron just called me on this phone. He said...

Martin: What? What did Ron say?

Eric: Never mind. You'll find out soon enough.
Old 25 Jan 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3358418)   #30
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I did not see this coming. Imaginative move by McLaren and the Ronster. Must be tough for an outsider to move into the Woking framework, though. At least it puts to bed the Ross Brawn rumours.
Hold on there boy!
The movement to McLaren is only a rumour, not a fact. (Maybe, like me, the Rumour word isn't showing in your thread list too?)
For what it's worth, I'm still prepared to believe my mate who told me months ago that Ross Brawn will be the new McLaren Team Principle...
Old 25 Jan 2014, 13:17 (Ref:3358422)   #31
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I know there's been no official confirmation, but I trust Autosport.
Old 25 Jan 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3358484)   #32
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Eric and Martin chatting post 2013 Brasil GP. What do you think they are talking about?

Eric: Yo, Martin, Besta three stone, paper, scissors for the top job at Mac. Whaddya say?

Martin: Yer on, Eric! I'm sooooo gud at this!
Old 25 Jan 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3358489)   #33
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to see Mclaren generally heading in the right direction.
Old 25 Jan 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3358510)   #34
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Martin: Don't turn around, but to my right hand side is a man with a yellow shirt 'modelling' one of the 2014 formula one noses.

Eric: I've just seen him. I'll raise my hand to try and conceal his modesty from this guy taking our photo here.
Old 25 Jan 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3358528)   #35
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post

Martin: Don't turn around, but to my right hand side is a man with a yellow shirt 'modelling' one of the 2014 formula one noses.

Eric: I've just seen him. I'll raise my hand to try and conceal his modesty from this guy taking our photo here.
Brilliant !
Old 25 Jan 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3358540)   #36
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Eric: Yo, Martin, Besta three stone, paper, scissors for the top job at Mac. Whaddya say?

Martin: Yer on, Eric! I'm sooooo gud at this!
Eric: Can I try on your shirt....
Old 25 Jan 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3358552)   #37
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Eric: Can I try on your shirt....
Martin: And can I try yours?
Eric: Sure!
*both of them switches shirts*
Old 26 Jan 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3359507)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Hold on there boy!
The movement to McLaren is only a rumour, not a fact. (Maybe, like me, the Rumour word isn't showing in your thread list too?)
For what it's worth, I'm still prepared to believe my mate who told me months ago that Ross Brawn will be the new McLaren Team Principle...
So.... Mr Boulier might end up at Caterham then
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Jan 2014, 12:02 (Ref:3359532)   #39
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
maybe they just picked it up from Autosport but Sky Sport news have it as well...
Old 26 Jan 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3359547)   #40
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren spokesman when asked if there is any truth to the story - "No, as is the case with a small but irritating number of so-called news stories on minor Formula 1 websites written by people who rarely check anything, that's utter nonsense."

Old 26 Jan 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3359611)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he's got a point.
Old 26 Jan 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3359634)   #42
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It remains to be seen whether the spokesman has a point - in this instance anyway. Of course it is media impertinence to suggest it was all done but these teams just don't like it if the media preempts them in one of their schemes that the team would prefer to keep under wraps until the deal is inked and ready to be announced. Certainly Boullier decamping from Lotus just following Dennis' mini-coup is extraordinarily suggestive. The future will tell.
Old 26 Jan 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3359651)   #43
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not convinced. As much as I don't like Joe Saward, I completely trust his journalism, and he is very vocal against internet journalists that don't check their facts. Yet he was the one strongly hinting that Bouiller was off to McLaren before it was announced he was leaving Lotus.
Old 26 Jan 2014, 16:16 (Ref:3359743)   #44
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autosport also had Boulllier to Mclaren story so I suspect there has to be some truth in even if the final dots and 'tees' crossed yet in the contract.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112254
Old 26 Jan 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3359759)   #45
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is there a link to this mclaren spokesman? Just asking because for someone in PR, the wording used seems far too agressive
Old 26 Jan 2014, 21:24 (Ref:3360202)   #46
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
is there a link to this mclaren spokesman? Just asking because for someone in PR, the wording used seems far too agressive
I 'oogled the quote and the only 'sources' I came up with was the happy-go-lucky website pitpass and of course this very thread.

Maybe there has been spin and now some are busy spinnin' the very spin that has been spun.
Old 27 Jan 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3360563)   #47
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
grandprix.com are running a story suggesting that Lotus has approached Whitmarsh presumably for the position of team principle, here.

love these rumours!
Old 27 Jan 2014, 23:18 (Ref:3360790)   #48
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
let's shake things up a bit more, get all the team principals to play a game of musical chairs! If enough of us say we'll pay to watch it then Bernie will probably introduce it!!!
Old 27 Jan 2014, 23:25 (Ref:3360794)   #49
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I 'oogled the quote and the only 'sources' I came up with was the happy-go-lucky website pitpass and of course this very thread.

Maybe there has been spin and now some are busy spinnin' the very spin that has been spun.
Politicians will be getting jealous with that amount of spin .
Old 28 Jan 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3360982)   #50
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
From the BBC , Andrew Benson seems pretty sure ,

"Not only do Lotus not have a car at this test but they have also lost team principal Eric Boullier, who is moving to the same role at McLaren. He will replace Martin Whitmarsh following the boardroom coup that has seen chairman Ron Dennis put back in charge of the F1 team. Boullier is not expected to be in Jerez with McLaren, but the announcement of his new role is only a matter of time."