Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Apr 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3725596)   #276
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
It was confirmed on the Brands TV coverage that the wheels are the same size as they were previously.
I guess they must have already been on a j10 wheel then.

The old tyres 245/650R18 had a range of J8.5-J10.
The new tyres 265/660R18 have a range of J10-J11.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3725599)   #277
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally moving away from BMR, I stumbled across these pictures this morning...An MG I actually like. Would make a very smart BTCC car too...

Old 11 Apr 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3725618)   #278
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

TD's next car ?
Old 11 Apr 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3725621)   #279
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there an internal competition every couple of years at Honda to see how much lumpier and uglier they can make the next Civic?
Old 11 Apr 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3725631)   #280
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
Is there an internal competition every couple of years at Honda to see how much lumpier and uglier they can make the next Civic?
In seriousness, I think it comes down to how to make a FWD hatchback as fast as possible. The same sort of thing was seen with the Evo from about mk5 onwards, to the extreme of having a 'sharks tooth rear vortex generation disperser'!
Each lump and bump is similar to every wing/fin/winglet/finlet/element that are now seen on F1 cars.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3725632)   #281
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post

TD's next car ?
So many elements of that will be lost in turning it into NGTC spec.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 23:33 (Ref:3725649)   #282
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
At least it looks nice from the front.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 07:26 (Ref:3725711)   #283
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I love the fact they've gone back to a more traditional 90's hatchback profile with a longer bonnet compared to the MPV-esk look of the EP, FN and FK, there are certain elements that look fussy and over designed and then areas that look unfinished like the rear arch extension which could have been made to look a load better with a simple trim piece grafted to the edge of the rear door.

Unfortunately as a global car it's had too much influence from the American design department and lost some of the purity that would have resulted from a UK/Japan led design.

And no modern Type R is a patch on the original EK9 and DC2, the whole ethos of a lightweight bare bones car with a race-derived engine has been lost to a sea of bells and whistles! (The closest thing on the market right now is the Golf Clubsport but even then at £40+ they're still a luxury item).

It'll make a great looking Touring car that's for sure (I'm still disappointed that they're not running it this year seeing as they managed to be able to use the FK Type R a few months early) but as it'll be bigger it may lose some of the nimble characteristics of the FK.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3725748)   #284
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
At least it looks nice from the front.
I think Dynamics won't want many people seeing the front of it though - they'll be interested in people having to stare at the back end all race.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3725818)   #285
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dick Bennets mentioned on TTT that a team in the paddock is complaining about the BMW start advantage

any idea ? as we can exclude Plato and BMR
Old 12 Apr 2017, 12:06 (Ref:3725823)   #286
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Dick Bennets mentioned on TTT that a team in the paddock is complaining about the BMW start advantage

No idea on the complainer, but they have managed to get amazing starts in each of the Brands races. Are they still running with a TOCA restricted/enforced ECU start mapping to help reduce their advantage?
Old 12 Apr 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3725843)   #287
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

All of them! Did he say the complaint was specifically about BMW or RWD in general?
Old 12 Apr 2017, 14:28 (Ref:3725859)   #288
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
If we have the same at Donington on the start line, it maybe that instead of trying to regulate cars ,TOCA/BARC say that they will be looking seriously at start line incidents and will issue driver penalties. I imagine that this will be raised in the drivers briefing too. We want to see good, but clean starts and as Martin Brundle often says in F1, in these sort of incidents drivers are driving into a wedge that is closing, so really it is down to the drivers.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3725865)   #289
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
This really is a storm in a teacup. We have had FWD, RWD and even 4WD before on the same grid. Drivers need to be the ones making the change(s), changes to their driving.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 15:18 (Ref:3725866)   #290
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
This really is a storm in a teacup. We have had FWD, RWD and even 4WD before on the same grid. Drivers need to be the ones making the change(s), changes to their driving.
Yes, the sooner they accept that, the easier everyone's life will be. As I've said before every car has an advantage and disadvantage
Old 12 Apr 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3725897)   #291
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Just heard some of the show. It may have seemed in passing, but Chilton got a complaint about BMW starts in. I don't think it was a serious whinge, but it is these seemingly general comments that can influence thinking.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3725934)   #292
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

He actually said a certain team in the paddock has complained about RWD starts, not specifically BMW.
Old 14 Apr 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3726457)   #293
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one really irks me, I may be biased being a BMW fan, but it's not as if they are dominating, yes they get good starts but then they are hanging on for dear life for the next handful of laps while their tyres warm up. More often than not this is where they lose the lead and the fwd cars normally get past.
Old 20 Apr 2017, 10:49 (Ref:3727948)   #294
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
No idea on the complainer, but they have managed to get amazing starts in each of the Brands races. Are they still running with a TOCA restricted/enforced ECU start mapping to help reduce their advantage?
Because Dick Bennetts has never wyend or stuck the knife in.......