Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 2006, 13:32 (Ref:1721223)   #251
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD
Spotted the Mallett equipe on the Dadford Road at Stowe this morning Peter. Capri looking good as always. All the best for the weekend.
Thanks Tim.

Here is the equipe loaded and ready to roll 2pm today. Sadly the race shuttle is yet to arrive so its the trusty A series again. that means less room for wine at Calais.
Attached Thumbnails
equipe.jpg  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1721231)   #252
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Peter, don't forget to take the clamp off before you go.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 13:49 (Ref:1721232)   #253
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good call.

Weather forecast.

http://www.weatherunderground.com/gl...ons/06490.html

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 27 Sep 2006 at 15:18.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1721430)   #254
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
we're loaded and ready to roll . . .just the minor matter of a teething 1 year old in tow, otherwise all set !

and Yes, I'm No 71, Top Hat
Old 27 Sep 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1721532)   #255
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pfff we are ready to go its 23h est ( 22bst) we will leave tomorrow morning early. blue Volvo xc70 (hanging on its a,,) clossed grey trailer if you notice us up to Spa

I wish all Islanders a pleasant crossing

Esper
Old 28 Sep 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1721958)   #256
DanWray
Rookie

England
DanWray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who haven't set off yet, BBC weather is now saying to expect 'light showers' on the Saturday, Friday and Sunday are still dry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4935
Old 28 Sep 2006, 12:02 (Ref:1721978)   #257
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've never been to Spa when it hasn't rained (or monsooned, or ridiculous fog) so I'm ready...
Old 28 Sep 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1722156)   #258
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
well,

We've scrutineered now we're silting in the hotel garden drinking beer. It's sunny & currently dry.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 16:50 (Ref:1722237)   #259
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
well,

we're silting in the hotel garden drinking beer.
Oh, please don't turn to silt Peter, or will you be silting in the car too, just to muddy the track?
Old 28 Sep 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1722289)   #260
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I need a new stylus!
Old 1 Oct 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1724547)   #261
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont wear the silt out either, thanks again for friday dinner you two, just like the old days.[Terence]!!!!.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 17:13 (Ref:1724548)   #262
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont like wet currents anyway
Old 1 Oct 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1724620)   #263
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
got some pics covering our Spa six hours , to tired for stories!!!
http://web.mac.com/evanheesewijk/iWe...k/Welcome.html
Old 1 Oct 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1724647)   #264
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well what a curates' egg?

10/10 had one success with Zef who won his class. More to follow.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 1 Oct 2006 at 19:45.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1724706)   #265
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Well what a curates' egg?

10/10 had one success with Zef who won his class. More to follow.
teach me " curates egg" I am a simple continental after all! pitty i only met you in the pitlane and the Kennedys who where few pitboxes away, We had a bussy bussy weekebd to get the car running properly but it ran and finished allthough not fast , but it finished. So all other 6 hour tentenners remain "virtual" to me.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 05:35 (Ref:1724910)   #266
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sorry esper. Curates egg means good in parts,

& Congratulations to you and your team.

I was hit by an errant Lotus on my first lap!
Old 2 Oct 2006, 07:39 (Ref:1724961)   #267
JFW
Racer

JFW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
which race was that in peter ?
Old 2 Oct 2006, 07:41 (Ref:1724964)   #268
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi all. Back from Spa safely and hope all of you are too. Quick update from the Kennedy end on the 6 hours.

Despite losing it and hitting the tyre barrier (first time for everything), the distributer stopping working and the rear lights stopping working we got to the flag. Sadly as we had been pushed by the marshalls from the bottom of the pits to inside the paddock gate, they classified this as a retirement so we didn't get a result. We didn't learn this until the end of the race after we'd mended the car and Jason had been out for about 90 minutes in the wet conditions. However, we posted up 73 laps and as far as we're concerned, we finished.

Well done to Esper (and good to meet with you) and to all the other other guys there. Thanks Terry for helping out with the Falcon when I came in rather red faced after my "moment". From the witnesses who saw it and my own thoughts, I think I must have hit some oil or something as the Falcon has never snapped away before and hasn't since.

Bad luck to Simon on a tough weekend. Well done Joe for a brilliant 23rd place in the Top Hat race.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 08:18 (Ref:1724993)   #269
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFW
Unfortunately I meet MR Mallet sunday stopped in " bruxelles "

In "The British Sports and Saloon Car Challenge"

Old 2 Oct 2006, 08:26 (Ref:1724997)   #270
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peter, really sorry to see this. You've had few enough outings this year as it is. Did the 'errant lotus' continue?
Old 2 Oct 2006, 08:39 (Ref:1725024)   #271
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
No also stopped !

Strange tourist in this series ????

Old 2 Oct 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1725030)   #272
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFW
In "The British Sports and Saloon Car Challenge"

Last edited by tatounet; 2 Oct 2006 at 08:47.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 09:49 (Ref:1725104)   #273
JFW
Racer

I was just wondering, as I spun and clumped an MG on my way round, and never saw him again.

I know it was red as I have the paint to show for it.

J
Old 2 Oct 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1725109)   #274
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the wars again JFW. Have to have words with you!!
Old 2 Oct 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1725115)   #275
JFW
Racer

Cheers James,

It was at stavelot, so at least I wasn't going quickly or anything.....

I wanted to applolgise to the MG driver, but he vanished out of sight and I was a bit preocupied performing a 720 to note his reg number.

J