Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Jun 2009, 09:34 (Ref:2493797)   #26
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Aren't Touring 70s running with Proto 70s?
According to the draft timetable - yes
Old 30 Jun 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2493814)   #27
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Quite possibly, John! They would have found a very small, quiet village!
That sounds like the one - I know it caused a certain amount of amusement at the time, & they couldn't even blame it on sat-nav!
Old 30 Jun 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2493821)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worst thing they ever did,create Sat Nav,but it doe's give some people a valid excuse for slight demeanors
Old 30 Jun 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2493840)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Aren't Touring 70s running with Proto 70s?

Ah, now it is Can Am, Proto 70s and Touring 70s! No mention of the latter in original email, hence my comment!

That's OK then!
Old 30 Jun 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2493864)   #30
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Worst thing they ever did,create Sat Nav,but it doe's give some people a valid excuse for slight demeanors
It doe's?? That's a fine bit of Fen-speak Terry!
Old 30 Jun 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2493877)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fortunately no misdemeanors though.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2493893)   #32
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
See Donington have announced that work for F1 will start 1/8.
Ready for will it ,won't it Saga for this and VSCC two weeks later.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2493910)   #33
Tom Walker
Rookie

England
leics
Tom Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hmmm, might get to this as surprisingly that weekend is (was!) clear, as it could be my only visit to Donnington this year!
Surprised you say this John, because Masters Donington is an unfortunate clash with VSCC Mallory, which is a great days racing, and a good spectator day if the weather is fair. I am very sore to be missing it, but having badgered the Masters office to let me drive the Lola in WSM for the last 18 months, (they turned me down flat), I cant miss the chance now !
Old 30 Jun 2009, 14:42 (Ref:2493937)   #34
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fortunately no misdemeanors though.

Just checking to see who was paying attention.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 18:29 (Ref:2494061)   #35
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Tom easy solution i will drive your car at Donnington and you can still go to Mallory.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2494081)   #36
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Walker View Post
Surprised you say this John, because Masters Donington is an unfortunate clash with VSCC Mallory, which is a great days racing, and a good spectator day if the weather is fair. I am very sore to be missing it, but having badgered the Masters office to let me drive the Lola in WSM for the last 18 months, (they turned me down flat), I cant miss the chance now !
Good grief, they are only about 30 minutes apart - 15 to a true racer. Surely you can do both?

Has Mallory got 'copter landing facilities? If so it should be even easier.

I seem to recall being at a meeting a good few years ago when Frank Sytner was shuttling backwards and forwards between Donington and , iirc, Oulton for the entire weekend. From memory he won at both places. Mallory is closer than Oulton. It has to be possible,.

Last edited by grantp; 30 Jun 2009 at 19:44.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2494087)   #37
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Walker View Post
Tom, they maybe close to each other, but Donington (note spelling Iain, otherwise Peter will be after you; anyway who is this this Miss Demeaner - do I know her?) but Donington is a whole lot easier for me to get to. Unfortunately, Leicester stands in the way of Mallory for anyone coming from the East and it is an absolute nightmare to get around. Besides, I've done two VSCCs already this year, but no Masters yet!
Old 30 Jun 2009, 20:32 (Ref:2494115)   #38
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Besides, I've done two VSCCs already this year, but no Masters yet!
Your absence has been noted!!!!
Old 30 Jun 2009, 22:54 (Ref:2494181)   #39
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Erm, you are not refering to me are you?..(I think you are!) lol
Old 1 Jul 2009, 04:58 (Ref:2494263)   #40
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Erm, you are not refering to me are you?..(I think you are!) lol
In fact Claire,no.But you do know who.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2494452)   #41
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
In fact Claire,no.But you do know who.
lol sorry thought you was having a dig at me getting lost on the way to the restuarant that time ...if you are refering to our friend ...lol Ive heard he is a REFORMED charactor now, im not AWARE of him having any more COURSE' to attend are you?
Old 1 Jul 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2494473)   #42
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I'm not AWARE of anything Claire but he did not confess to me in the first place,could be TUNNEL vision I suppose.I'm sure that once he get's up to SPEED he'll tell me all about it though.
I feel hurt that you think that I would even consider mentioning your efforts at programing a sat-nav,and getting us lost.
Old 1 Jul 2009, 14:36 (Ref:2494511)   #43
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
I'm not AWARE of anything Claire but he did not confess to me in the first place,.....
And of course...as you know...I kept quiet about it when he told me

Quote:
I feel hurt that you think that I would even consider mentioning your efforts at programing a sat-nav,and getting us lost.
anything for the gag Terry...I know you better than you think!!
Old 1 Jul 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2494568)   #44
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
And of course...as you know...I kept quiet about it when he told me

anything for the gag Terry...I know you better than you think!!
Or,as much as I want you to know
As for keeping quiet,I cant remember who told me,honest!
Old 1 Jul 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2494609)   #45
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Telling you two anything is like broadcasting it on News at Ten! Bong!
Old 1 Jul 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2494620)   #46
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Telling you two anything is like broadcasting it on News at Ten! Bong!

You have pointed the finger at yourself John,far better to have kept quiet.Besides,you should not say things like Bong.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 06:29 (Ref:2494850)   #47
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The next post really ought to be about the thread subject, don't you think?
Old 2 Jul 2009, 07:05 (Ref:2494863)   #48
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Yes indeed John,sorry! There has been a very good response from the Marshals on this event,they seem to be more than keen to come to Donnnnnington instead of the other events of the same weekend.Could'nt be anything to do with the cars that will be there,could it?
Old 2 Jul 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2494881)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Camel racing for me.
Old 3 Jul 2009, 12:34 (Ref:2495462)   #50
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well all that went quite 'woosh' over me but I was just reading in Autosport about the Interserie revival and that sounds quite promising!