Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Aug 2009, 07:11 (Ref:2529702)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
CTCRC Historics on TV tonight (28 Aug 9.15pm)

Part 1 of the Lydden Hill Historic Festival meeting will go out for the first time on Men & Motors TV tonight at 9.15pm. Look out for the blue Cortina of our Zef doing rather well despite head gasket problems.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 07:16 (Ref:2529704)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
nuts, I'll be at Oulton . . . don't even get mains electric oop north!
Old 28 Aug 2009, 07:18 (Ref:2529705)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
You don't have a satillite in the old Tranny then Zef? I have just amended my post it is actualy 9.15pm
Old 28 Aug 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2529707)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
actually . . . but its not solar powered
Old 28 Aug 2009, 09:40 (Ref:2529788)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Opps its just been pointed out its Motors TV not Men and Motors you can see I don't subscribe, I would but I hate football that becomes part of the sports package and I am damned if I will inflate those prima donna's wage packet.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2529798)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just off to Oulton we can ask them in the cafe Joe see if they can put it on.See you up there.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2529878)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It would be good to see it but I can't seem to get it on my 405 line B&W set ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Aug 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2529892)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
You should be able to its as its only old cars. :-)
Old 29 Aug 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2530656)   #9
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Anyone like me who are too tight fisted to subscribe to the sports channel I have just heard that part 1 is going out again 02.25a.m Tuesday morning on channel 5 terrestial, set your recorders as I have heard its good TV and Part 2 which should also be good will be first aired on Friday Sept 11th at 21.15 on MOTORS TV
Old 29 Aug 2009, 20:49 (Ref:2530682)   #10
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw it last night. Not bad footage though I think they needed to clean their video heads!!

Showed a fair amount of CLOSE!!! racing

Starring appearances of Zef & Al
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 29 Aug 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2530685)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yeah I had heard about the 'close' racing and letters have been sent as I understand, and that despite pep talk before the race from the Clerk of the Course, some people just won't listen will they?
Old 3 Sep 2009, 00:00 (Ref:2533479)   #12
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I've just watched the repeat on Motors TV. I must admit, coming from me, a confirmed single seater 'man', it looked bluddy great fun! The Classics (is that what they are called? Cortinas, Minis, A40's etc etc) were fantastic! As someone has already said, very 'close' racing. Is it always like that, or was it because the cameras were there?? Enjoyed the whole programme immensely, also enjoyed seeing Lydden, haven't been there in about 5 years. Was last there was when they had just started to make improvements to the paddock, it looks even better now, great little circuit! I'll certainly keep my eye out for the follow-up programme.
And yes, a new dub of the programme would have been handy. That tape should never have been accepted for transmission.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2533558)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks for the kind comments Andy. Yes its generally very close racing but obviously the tightness of Lydden made it even closer! We are at Rockingham over the weekend if you want to see some more the majority of the historic action is on the Saturday with two races for each championship/series. http://www.barc.net/competitors/race.../hq0938-01.php
Old 3 Sep 2009, 09:20 (Ref:2533630)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I watched it last night. You seemed to drop back after a good start, Al. Much enjoyed what I saw and the grids were good, particularly for Lydden. However, I frankly wouldn't expect to see any criticism of current BTCC standards from certain members of the Pre 66 grid.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2533646)   #15
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I haven't seen it yet, but would it involve a pair of Cortinas with drivers old enough to have bought them new . . .ie should know better?
Old 3 Sep 2009, 10:09 (Ref:2533657)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, indeed, Zef, although, when interviewed, they both blamed it on the oil on the track and thought it was great fun and OK! I thought one was worse than the other though. There were also a pair of Anglias down the field who seemed intent on making it a demolition derby! Not pretty!
Old 3 Sep 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2533712)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I hav'nt seen it yet but certain drivers have been sent letters I believe and definitely not what we wanted at a showcase event and this was pointed out in the drivers briefing, I am personally a bit disappointed about it!

I got stuck in third gear John when a bolt dropped off the linkage, I got an even better start in the next episode then completely unrelated the clutch bedded in a bit and wouldnt disengage I got stuck in third gear again but at least I put in a few good laps this time.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2533845)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
John I passed both Anglias in both races and it was clean all the way, I was not aware that either touched each other either, it is fair to say that Richard has a slightly eratic driving style however.

If I can nail the car back together over the winter and beat him regularly he might learn something from it!
Old 3 Sep 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2533882)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Not from where I was sitting; maybe it all happened after you passed them, Zef. I know what I saw!
Old 3 Sep 2009, 17:07 (Ref:2533910)   #20
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
er.............................yes.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2550613)   #21
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Al, apologies, I know you've told me once before, but what was the company that produced the TV coverage for you?
Old 1 Oct 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2551965)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Sorry not to get back soon gary, you need Andy at AMGTV he is a member here 'AMGTV' surprisingly enough. :-)

BTW everyone the final installment is on tomorrow night on Motors TV, see who if anyone you think was responsible for the melee at the start of the Pre-93's!