Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Mar 2016, 13:06 (Ref:3626695)   #1251
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cool new liveries for both cars!

Old 24 Mar 2016, 13:09 (Ref:3626700)   #1252
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Cool new liveries for both cars!

Now the #13 has to wait for Porsche's next move to decide its Le Mans livery

You're right though. Very cool liveries.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 13:11 (Ref:3626703)   #1253
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Now the #13 has to wait for Porsche's next move to decide its Le Mans livery
Lol

But seriously, Rebellion never has oneoff LM liveries, so they'll stick to these for sure. Maybe this year Porsche will copycat the Swiss for LM

As for #13 itself, I'm not sure if there are some subtle differences between it to #12 (the pics ain't conclusive yet), but certainly not as big as last year.

Old 24 Mar 2016, 13:16 (Ref:3626705)   #1254
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantastic livery. Shame Piquet is driving it, but it's a beautiful car!
Old 24 Mar 2016, 16:33 (Ref:3626785)   #1255
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Fantastic livery. Shame Piquet is driving it, but it's a beautiful car!
Why a shame? The guy won Formula E over others in the wec like Buemi and Duval. I think he'll impress, he's not hyped like Bruno Senna imo.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3626788)   #1256
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he meant about the Crash-gate, at Singapore 2008?
Old 24 Mar 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3626792)   #1257
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Maybe he meant about the Crash-gate, at Singapore 2008?
Sure, but that says nothing about his abilities. He either did the crash or probably lose his Renault seat. That was nearly 8 years ago anyway
Old 24 Mar 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3626795)   #1258
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
See they got the WEC mandatory black in this year.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3626808)   #1259
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets see the main colours. Hmmm..... red, black and white

But a nice livery, better than the factory cars except maybe Toyota.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 17:39 (Ref:3626813)   #1260
Deleted
Veteran

To be fair, these have always been the Rebellion LMP1 colors, except when they cashed in with the "Lotus" linkup, and the more golden overtones at the start. Which, as in gold, is admittely the color that is sorrowfully missed by me and I'm sure many others too!
Old 25 Mar 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3627258)   #1261
Deleted
Veteran

The big "Thiriet" association logos on this Oreca really don't help when you have another Oreca with Rebellion logos in LMP2. Both Rebellion and TDS have same logos in shark fins and sides! It's the SMP by AF Forse by SMP by AF Corse situation all over again! But at least unlike those Ferraris, the (majority of) colors are different. And obviously the model of Oreca.

Rebellion

Last edited by Deleted; 25 Mar 2016 at 19:58.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 12:59 (Ref:3627503)   #1262
Deleted
Veteran

Heidfeld continues the norm on DSC:

“When we look at where we are compared to ByKolles, I don’t read too much into it, it’s an indication. We want to be ahead, but not too far ahead, we don’t want to race ourselves all year…”
Old 26 Mar 2016, 13:24 (Ref:3627521)   #1263
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Heidfeld continues the norm on DSC:

“When we look at where we are compared to ByKolles, I don’t read too much into it, it’s an indication. We want to be ahead, but not too far ahead, we don’t want to race ourselves all year…”
The Rebellion WEC effort makes no sense.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 17:15 (Ref:3627569)   #1264
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
the whole LMP1-L subclass makes no sense...
anyway watching last year performances, more than kolles, rebellion should worry about to finish the race ahead lmp2 teams...

(little offtopic, I never understood why TDS and MOLA use a #46 logo very similiar to the valentino rossi TM 46)

Last edited by carbon_titanium; 26 Mar 2016 at 17:17. Reason: #46
Old 26 Mar 2016, 18:06 (Ref:3627583)   #1265
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
That's a bit harsh. It's obvious that they are unable to challenge the manufacturers, and it would be unfair to expect it from them. Who was the last true privateer to do so? Pescarolo in 2006 comes to my mind, but since Peugeot joined, the manufacturers really stepped up their game and left the privateers far behind.

From Rebellion's point of view, the logical thing to do is to make sure they stay ahead of Kolles, and evaluate their options for 2017.

I hope that Rebellion remain committed to LMP1. I also hope that more privateers join LMP1, Strakka and SMP being the most likely candidates. I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but I don't think the budgets of well over $100m per year that the manufacturers are spending each year make for a sustainable championship. Manufacturers come and go, and should they decide to go, it will be important to have a healthy privateer LMP1 class, especially now that LMP2 has been reduced to a semi spec category.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 18:11 (Ref:3627588)   #1266
Deleted
Veteran

All of these points have already been discussed in the numerous LMP1 vs LMP2 threads, we are recycling it now.

Btw Pescarolo took LM podium in 2007.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 18:17 (Ref:3627593)   #1267
TF110
Veteran

United States
Rebellion were doing 42's and even 41's at the test. LMP2 could only get to 46's. As long as they're reliable, p2 is no threat.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 18:18 (Ref:3627595)   #1268
Deleted
Veteran

Yeah and the gap will multiply by the factor of 2-3+ by Le Mans.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 23:52 (Ref:3627694)   #1269
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Rebellion were doing 42's and even 41's at the test. LMP2 could only get to 46's. As long as they're reliable, p2 is no threat.
And exactly that has been Rebellion’s biggest challenge recently…
Old 27 Mar 2016, 10:46 (Ref:3627763)   #1270
Mikelancs
Rookie

Mikelancs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
That's a bit harsh. It's obvious that they are unable to challenge the manufacturers, and it would be unfair to expect it from them. Who was the last true privateer to do so? Pescarolo in 2006 comes to my mind, but since Peugeot joined, the manufacturers really stepped up their game and left the privateers far behind.

From Rebellion's point of view, the logical thing to do is to make sure they stay ahead of Kolles, and evaluate their options for 2017.

I hope that Rebellion remain committed to LMP1. I also hope that more privateers join LMP1, Strakka and SMP being the most likely candidates. I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but I don't think the budgets of well over $100m per year that the manufacturers are spending each year make for a sustainable championship. Manufacturers come and go, and should they decide to go, it will be important to have a healthy privateer LMP1 class, especially now that LMP2 has been reduced to a semi spec category.
Didnt Strakka ditch their LMP1 effort last year to enter this year?
I think you will find that they too decided to not enter as they sited that the competion against outlay didn't add up!
Old 27 Mar 2016, 15:11 (Ref:3627799)   #1271
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post
Didnt Strakka ditch their LMP1 effort last year to enter this year?
I think you will find that they too decided to not enter as they sited that the competion against outlay didn't add up!
If I remember correctly they put the project on hold because of doubts over future regulation, especially whether they could base their LMP1 car on the Dome tub.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 16:06 (Ref:3628074)   #1272
Deleted
Veteran

Strakka might still come. They talked about it on RLM recently, and participated in the ACO LMP1 meetings at Ricard. Fingers crossed.

I wonder if the Rebellion lines will reflectively "glow" in the dark at LM a bit? The effect here is very nice.

Old 28 Mar 2016, 16:10 (Ref:3628076)   #1273
Mikelancs
Rookie

Mikelancs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The glow in the dark reflective clocks at LM worked well I was there!
Hope Strakka do enter would help that category get more following !
Old 28 Mar 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3628078)   #1274
Deleted
Veteran

Ya remember last year!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=1030

But these new detailed graphics should only make it better.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 10:13 (Ref:3632278)   #1275
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this article i recently published in my Blog would fit pretty well here.

It is not specifically about Rebellion, but it covers pretty much in detail a performance analysis of LMP1-L cars, basing the study on Perrinn MyP1 project and simulation.

Hope you will find it interesting.

https://drracing.wordpress.com/2016/...ng-simulation/