Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Aug 2014, 06:12 (Ref:3447615)   #26
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
hahahahaha! gotta love the conspiracy theorists on here, apparently Redbull are favouring someone over their number 1, might I add multiple title winning championship driver? oh wait, Vettel is still the number 1 driver at RBR right?
to you! Did you read the rest!!!!!!
Old 26 Aug 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3447632)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The fact that we even have a thread about the possibility is, well, delightful! I rate him very highly and I've been overjoyed at the fact that he consistently puts his much-celebrated multi-WDC team-mate very much in the shade. He's clearly loving having been given the chance and he's grabbing it with both hands. But winning the WDC. Not this year.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 08:39 (Ref:3447642)   #28
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Will Power's better.
haha! watch him choke this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
to you! Did you read the rest!!!!!!
how could I go past your gem of a comment, do you seriously think RBR are favouring Daniel Ricciardo over their multiple World Champ? keep the excuses coming brother!

Old 26 Aug 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3447671)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
....as RBR would've surely favoured the car in the better position...
But right now, that tends to be Daniel's........
Old 26 Aug 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3447674)   #30
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this thread reads a bit like one of those evangelical christian pamphlets...
Old 26 Aug 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3447676)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Who is this Christian Pamphlet - is he in line for a seat next year? I demand to know!
Old 26 Aug 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3447715)   #32
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A huge what if I've just thought of:

If Vettel had've passed Hamilton at Les Combes on lap 1, would we have this thread?
Old 26 Aug 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3447779)   #33
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Got to ask, what, with Ricciardo pumping Vettel in such a fashion, how would JEV be fairing in the Red Bull this year?!!

I bet he's also be doing a better job than Seb?
Old 26 Aug 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3447827)   #34
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Imo JEV wouldn't be outqualifying Vettel as often but would waltz past him in the races. He certainly wouldn't have been hanging around behind Perez at Canada! Shame that Marko preferred Daniel's company Imo, as now we'll likely never know just how good Vergne is...
Old 26 Aug 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3447898)   #35
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Daniel can win the championship?
Theoretically yes, realistically no.

He has 156 points. If he wins everything left he earns 200 so totals 356.

Rosberg has 220 so would need to get 136 to draw. If he finished 2nd in every race he would earn 144 so would win it by 8 points in this scenario. He would need an average of 17 points (with 34 at Abu Dhabi) to draw with Ricciardo. His average so far is 18.33...... and there is 18 on offer for a second place....

Hamilton has 191. If Daniel won everything left Hamilton would need to score 166 points to win by a point. He cant do that by finishing second every time so he would have to beat Daniel and then the total needed shrinks......

If Daniel finished second in every race he would finish up with 300 points. To beat him Rosberg only needs an average of 10 per race, with the double in Abu Dhabi(draw score but has more wins). You get 10 points for a 5th but Rosberg's average so far is higher than a second place.....

In this second scenario Hamilton would only need 109 to beat him and he could earn 120 by finishing 3rd in every race left (including Abu Dhabi's double) so would finish with 311, easily ahead....

If Rosberg wins the next 3 races and then cannot compete any more he would have 295 points. If Ricciardo finished second and Hamilton 3rd every race left Hamilton would win the title even though Ricciardo had beaten him in the last seven races.... (assuming Rosbergs replacement or others had won all the remaining races).

But if Rosberg won four of the next races, and then missed the last three, and Ricciardo and Hamilton finished second and third in all of them, Nico would still win the title and Lewis be runner up....

I wish Daniel Ricciardo well but the title will not be won by him this year unless something dramatic happened to the drivers (like an injury / accident....Or Mercedes is DQ'ed from the championship...).

Last edited by Teretonga; 26 Aug 2014 at 21:29.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 21:27 (Ref:3447901)   #36
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You've put infinitely more thought into that than it deserves.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3447907)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But we admire the effort.

What was Mr. Gumby often heard to say? Ah yes, 'My brain hurts....'
Old 26 Aug 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3447928)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But we admire the effort.

What was Mr. Gumby often heard to say? Ah yes, 'My brain hurts....'
Old 26 Aug 2014, 23:47 (Ref:3447939)   #39
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Imo JEV wouldn't be outqualifying Vettel as often but would waltz past him in the races. He certainly wouldn't have been hanging around behind Perez at Canada! Shame that Marko preferred Daniel's company Imo, as now we'll likely never know just how good Vergne is...

I don't think it's a shame, they hit the Jackpot with the right driver. JEV really wasn't that good, the media hyped his performances because of 1 good result at Canada, that was pure luck of him to get that position, apart from that Daniel had him covered in races/qualifying (absolutely destroyed him in that department)/car development etc. Vergne can't even beat his noob team mate IN the races at the moment, that's pretty telling.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 00:34 (Ref:3447953)   #40
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
I don't think it's a shame, they hit the Jackpot with the right driver. JEV really wasn't that good, the media hyped his performances because of 1 good result at Canada, that was pure luck of him to get that position, apart from that Daniel had him covered in races/qualifying (absolutely destroyed him in that department)/car development etc. Vergne can't even beat his noob team mate IN the races at the moment, that's pretty telling.
Yeah that's the important thing, Vergne can't even beat Kyvat who is FAR less experienced than Vergne. **** **** 'I way more' bull'ish, I don't buy that he's losing a few tenths a lap because he weighs more.

That being said, I think he deserves a race seat next year. I hope he's not another good driver RB dump to the gutter. Though it's up to the other teams to stop getting pay drivers and give a good once a chance.

Re Ricciardo winning the title, obviously it's not going to happen. But it's not impossible. Vettel won 9 races in a row at the end of last season. RB could solve their engine issues and do the same. Although to be honest, I don't think Dan can be as good as what Seb did in the second half of last year. If Dan were in the car in 2013 instead of Seb, he wouldn't have won 9 in a row, imo. That took an exceptional driver at one with his car, and Seb clearly isn't in that place this year.

Who remembers that 2002 SBK championship when Bayliss won 14 of the first 17 races, which was a new record, and then Edwards won the last 9 and snatched the title. Biggest turnaround in a championship I've ever seen. and bayliss still finished 2nd in all but 2 of the last 9 remaining races, but it wasn't enough. Just about wrecked me from ever watching sbk again after that, I was a big Bayliss fan and loathed Colin Edwards.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3448028)   #41
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hahaha Vergne outscored Ricciardo, hinting to him having higher peaks in the races, and also suffered from horrible reliability. To say he wasn't good when he was practically matching Ricciardo when he was behind him (which was far less often then you seem to think) is totally ludicrous. Yes, Kvyat has the edge on him often, but it's a lot closer there than you think. When did Ricciardo ever run as high as 6th 50% through a race in an STR?

Your viewpoint has quite clearly been distorted by Dan's recent success, and as a result, in your opinion, he's a demi-god and always has been, but if STR chose Vergne over Ricciardo (and let's face it there was hardly anything that suggested that Dan was anywhere near a different league to Vergne other than the odd god qualifying and his personality ) then nobody would've said that they got it badly wrong (some may have said that they got it wrong, like many did when Ricciardo initially got the RBR seat, but not massively wrong) and looking at the Ricciardo vs Vettel stats it's really not hard to imagine Vergne doing a similar job to Ricciardo, especially on Sundays.

As for Kvyat, that man has WDC written all over him imo...
Old 27 Aug 2014, 10:11 (Ref:3448066)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Who is this Christian Pamphlet - is he in line for a seat next year? I demand to know!
Christian Horner's new name after he marries that Spice Girl?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Aug 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3448074)   #43
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

i mean seriously, a spice girl. what WAS he thinking. he didn't even pick the hot one!
Old 27 Aug 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3448090)   #44
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ginger spice is alright, she's certainly not the dud in the group.

Old 27 Aug 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3448100)   #45
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
this thread reads a bit like one of those evangelical christian pamphlets...
I think hallucinations brought on by illegal substances are responsible for that. They need to take more drugs to get over it.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 11:51 (Ref:3448103)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

i mean seriously, a spice girl. what WAS he thinking. he didn't even pick the hot one!
Which one is the hot one?
Old 27 Aug 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3448111)   #47
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Which one is the hot one?
Basically, you close your eyes, choose, and you'll be disappointed

I would've made a joke about how high your standards are but I'll leave that to someone else
Old 27 Aug 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3448117)   #48
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:

oh dear, hot and Spice girls (excuse the pun) do not belong in the same sentence.

Old 27 Aug 2014, 12:08 (Ref:3448120)   #49
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Hahaha Vergne outscored Ricciardo, hinting to him having higher peaks in the races, and also suffered from horrible reliability. To say he wasn't good when he was practically matching Ricciardo when he was behind him (which was far less often then you seem to think) is totally ludicrous. Yes, Kvyat has the edge on him often, but it's a lot closer there than you think. When did Ricciardo ever run as high as 6th 50% through a race in an STR?

Your viewpoint has quite clearly been distorted by Dan's recent success, and as a result, in your opinion, he's a demi-god and always has been, but if STR chose Vergne over Ricciardo (and let's face it there was hardly anything that suggested that Dan was anywhere near a different league to Vergne other than the odd god qualifying and his personality ) then nobody would've said that they got it badly wrong (some may have said that they got it wrong, like many did when Ricciardo initially got the RBR seat, but not massively wrong) and looking at the Ricciardo vs Vettel stats it's really not hard to imagine Vergne doing a similar job to Ricciardo, especially on Sundays.

As for Kvyat, that man has WDC written all over him imo...
Daniel Ricciardo is in RBR beating his multiple WDC team mate, Vergne is getting beatien by his noob team mate, that's all the data that I need
Old 27 Aug 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3448121)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Basically, you close your eyes, choose, and you'll be disappointed
I don't have to close my eyes and I am disappointed.

Quote:
I would've made a joke about how high your standards are but I'll leave that to someone else
Go on, what was it?

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 27 Aug 2014 at 12:26.