Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 21 Jul 2000, 00:20 (Ref:24456)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did anyone else read about Foggy mouthing off at the state of WSBK at the moment? He basically said that the quality of the field and interest/excitement has left the game since he has been sitting on the side lines. He also said that there only a few good riders in the class (Edwards/Chili/Haga)....I don't have the exact quotes here, I'll stick them on when i get hoem tonight...

Quite frankly i don't care too much if ever makes a comeback....besides he'd need a new skid lid to fit his ego into...

I know he may have always been like this, but it erks me that he can slag off the series like that..
Old 21 Jul 2000, 03:07 (Ref:24480)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I agree crash test...the question should be "has Fogarty outgrown WSBK?".

the field is a great quality at present..Haga,Corser,Bayliss,Chili and all the guys are putting on a excellent show for us fans..im with you it doesnt bother me if he comes back or not quite frankly im not a big fan of his anyway..so Ducati should put Bayliss and perhaps give Bostrom another chance next year.
Old 21 Jul 2000, 05:40 (Ref:24493)   #3
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing is though, he's right. Who else has dominated the series in the way that he does ?The racing may be better without him (as it was in F1 without Schumacher) but he's definately the best guy out there.
Old 21 Jul 2000, 10:13 (Ref:24521)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agree with the Schumacher thing....and he is arrogant, but imagine if he came out and said "Ralf, Jacques, and Rubens are no good drivers"....you can debate whether or not they are good, but still he would probably get his arse wipped for saying something like that....
Old 21 Jul 2000, 11:19 (Ref:24539)   #5
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Foggy is a damn good rider and really put his stamp on the series.But he wasn't dominating it in the beginning of the year and i wonder if he could do that now!
He doesn't have the right to slug of other riders if he's not racing them.
Doohan was dominating the GP's big time for years,i never heard him say anything bad about other riders!

Crash Test if you got the quotes please put them up here?
Old 21 Jul 2000, 11:30 (Ref:24542)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Okee dokee, here goes:

"The series now looks bad, I don't know if it just looks like that because im not it in it, but when i sat there and watched Monza I just thought "Bloody hell, there's no depth in it!""

"Look at it now and you've got Edwards -fast consistant, and then, like Chili, Haga and that's it. Three riders, it's a joke."

"I feel sorry for Colin in some ways, i really do because he's the guy who won in the year that Carl Fogerty got injured and that's tough to live with."

Old 21 Jul 2000, 12:30 (Ref:24546)   #7
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to know how Foggy believes there are only 3 good riders left. There is also Bayliss, Corser, Bostrom and Slight (or doesn't Foggy remember racing Aaron). That is now 6 top riders.

If we assume only 3 top riders, is 4 top riders really that much better in that case when Foggy returns?

Also, Colin hasn't won the championship yet...
Old 21 Jul 2000, 15:09 (Ref:24566)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
agreed fatbloke..he is one of the best riders in the world..and he has been the dominant force in superbike for quite a few years now but still his comments (in my view) are way off base...example elephino's last post ..out to six in my book and there is a few others that could probably be included