Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 17 Mar 2023, 19:06 (Ref:4147546)   #726
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you even suggested using CCTV or speed cameras here you would be VERY impolitely told to get the fk out and stay out. Multiple people have tried the rolling speed nonsense and it did not go well for their political careers.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 21:00 (Ref:4147599)   #727
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Is it save to assume that there are no forward facing speed cameras or road covering CCTV in the States as we have in the UK? I ask as most of your cars do not have front registration plates.

In addition, in the UK many car parks have number recognising cameras at the barriers and will only activate the barrier if the parking ticket for a particular car, as taken on entry, has been paid. Again, requiring forward facing cameras on entry and exit.

Out of interest, Joe, is the rodent damage covered by insurance?
Luckily we have comprehensive insurance coverage so yes it was covered, minus the deductible. But that will still save us over $2000.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 21:05 (Ref:4147601)   #728
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Luckily we have comprehensive insurance coverage so yes it was covered, minus the deductible. But that will still save us over $2000.

That is a good thing to have. Not everyone can afford it. Yes that is quite a bit to save
Old 17 Mar 2023, 21:16 (Ref:4147608)   #729
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
2022 Mazda CX-50. Well technically it is a loaner from the dealership because a rodent decided to try and kill me by chewing through gas lines, wires, and making a nest in the engine.

It is a top off the line model and very nice inside. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...78b4ffcf22.jpg

That’s not good. Had it stood for a bit? Or did they move in quickly?

Did the rodent make it?
Old 18 Mar 2023, 02:31 (Ref:4147661)   #730
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

That’s not good. Had it stood for a bit? Or did they move in quickly?

Did the rodent make it?
I told the people in my class today that I don't usually wish for things to die, but I hope that the rodent met an awful death by chewing on my gas line.

My car never sits for more than a day, and is parked in a protected concrete area. I have another car which sits on grass sometimes for weeks at a time and have not had a problem. I don't think we can make generalizations about the motivations of a rodent.
Old 18 Mar 2023, 09:27 (Ref:4147676)   #731
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is there not a way you can keep the rodents out? If you leave a way for them to get in they will. Obviously it's easy if it's in a place where there are no rodents, but it's not always possible. But yes, some are annoying little scallywags
Old 18 Mar 2023, 15:12 (Ref:4147763)   #732
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
My car never sits for more than a day, and is parked in a protected concrete area. I have another car which sits on grass sometimes for weeks at a time and have not had a problem. I don't think we can make generalizations about the motivations of a rodent.
With current gas prices I think we know the motivations.
Old 25 Mar 2023, 04:01 (Ref:4149097)   #733
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I told the people in my class today that I don't usually wish for things to die, but I hope that the rodent met an awful death by chewing on my gas line.

Mickey is a Honda boi.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 20:59 (Ref:4170704)   #734
Tom Harris
Rookie

Tom Harris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
2022 Mazda CX-50. Well technically it is a loaner from the dealership because a rodent decided to try and kill me by chewing through gas lines, wires, and making a nest in the engine.

It is a top off the line model and very nice inside.
Amazing color
Old 1 Aug 2023, 01:46 (Ref:4170864)   #735
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unlike another Ram owner on here mine made it 9 years and 109k before air suspension and fuel system issues brought about a change. Fuel system is a mix of me not driving it as much, city driving and diesel HPFP recall.

But hey, she's a hybrid so fuel economy, and she makes a good noise
Old 1 Aug 2023, 03:32 (Ref:4170872)   #736
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PSA: Too much boost can be harmful to your (financial) health

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
... a 2004 SE(MSM), ECU, 140rwkw, trick suspension, and a few other bits and pieces. ...
I should update that post. Boost will do this:

Last trackday it developed a knock first time out. Not sure why (no sign of detonation, the usual suspect), but maybe just the culmination of abuse by PO (don't ask), and a bit more than stock boost with the Autronic. Either way the head block and crank were unscathed, so a bullet dodged there. Being rebuilt as I write this with a GTX2 2860r clone, fully forged internals and an upgraded oil pump, big injectors and around 220-230rwkw.

I think they want both testicles, but only one kidney ... as well as what is left in my bank account.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 08:04 (Ref:4170890)   #737
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I think they want both testicles, but only one kidney ... as well as what is left in my bank account.
Nice bent conrods collection you have here, something you wont see when using CP-Carrillo or Pankl (Audi supplier).

As to the carmaker you name, who "invented" the innovative timing belt in oil, we have a trial here starting next September. Mind you that not only reliability is a concern but safety too, because some debris can alter the braking system efficiency.
https://www.peugeotforums.com/thread...system.333046/ https://car-recalls.eu/opel-peugeot-...g-belt-recall/ https://www.google.com/search?q=PSA+...t=gws-wiz-serp
Old 1 Aug 2023, 08:39 (Ref:4170900)   #738
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BP came out of the old 323s from the 80s, it's an agricultural lump, the ohc belt is a dry one good for 100,000kms replacement intervals, I know of one that went for over 200,000 kms. When they fail, they are a non-interference engine so no dramas, just tow it to a workshop, put a new one on and away you go. Unless you have decked the block/skimmed the head/installed high-lift cams, in which case you are in a lot of trouble. But I have never heard of a factory or a Gates belt failing prematurely.

I have never heard of these 'wet' belts, obviously I have led a sheltered life ...
Old 1 Aug 2023, 09:45 (Ref:4170905)   #739
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I have never heard of these 'wet' belts, obviously I have led a sheltered life ...
Shhhh, secret weapon turned against the clients! As to Gates, they have kevlar TB's giving good results over the years. Great addition to the catalogue for Ferrari owners.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 13:21 (Ref:4170927)   #740
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Unlike another Ram owner on here mine made it 9 years and 109k before air suspension and fuel system issues brought about a change. Fuel system is a mix of me not driving it as much, city driving and diesel HPFP recall.

But hey, she's a hybrid so fuel economy, and she makes a good noise
that looks good!
Old 1 Aug 2023, 14:45 (Ref:4170948)   #741
S griffin
Veteran

That 4x4 is a perfect shape. Love it!
Old 22 Nov 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4186880)   #742
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
She turned 10 years old a couple of weeks ago and I just rolled over 140k miles last Thursday. I'd take a picture but it's absolutely filthy atm. I upgraded the suspension with Bilstein and Moog parts in 2019. It runs as good as the day I picked it up. Trusty thing.
Hit 200k miles this morning.
Old 22 Nov 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4186889)   #743
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It’s nearly run then.

It’s had a clean too.

You can see it on the Road Atlanta Google maps.
Old 22 Nov 2023, 14:57 (Ref:4186890)   #744
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would sincerely hope that you really weren't doing 70mph to take that photo!
Old 22 Nov 2023, 16:35 (Ref:4186899)   #745
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I wonder about the final trans rate, doing 70 at almost idle is not common. Superoverdrive?
Old 22 Nov 2023, 18:15 (Ref:4186915)   #746
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It’s nearly run then.

It’s had a clean too.

You can see it on the Road Atlanta Google maps.
It stays pretty clean on the inside. Can you? I'll have to check that out when I get home!

Quote:
No, I slowed down from 80+. Allegedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I wonder about the final trans rate, doing 70 at almost idle is not common. Superoverdrive?
I don't know the transmisson ratios but it's the old 5-speed TorqueFlite RFE. It has a 3.55 rear gear. The newer ZF transmissions will probably cruise at 1200 RPM or so. Once you are up to speed is where the efficiencies of a large V8 (I'm partial to the pushrod variety) really kick in.

Last edited by JHamilton; 22 Nov 2023 at 18:21.
Old 22 Nov 2023, 19:31 (Ref:4186924)   #747
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No, I slowed down from 80+. Allegedly.

I only asked, as it's an absolute no-no here in the UK; just holding a mobile in your hand makes you immediately liable to a £100 fine plus 6 points on your licence.

It's something that the police are really cracking down on, and it is even enforceable if you are stopped at traffic lights; in theory, I believe, you also have to turn off the engine if you stop at the side of the road to hold the phone. And police forces up and down the country are now using truck units to patrol especially on motorways because they can see into other truck cabs as well as look down into cars.
Old 22 Nov 2023, 19:45 (Ref:4186926)   #748
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
I only asked, as it's an absolute no-no here in the UK; just holding a mobile in your hand makes you immediately liable to a £100 fine plus 6 points on your licence.

It's something that the police are really cracking down on, and it is even enforceable if you are stopped at traffic lights; in theory, I believe, you also have to turn off the engine if you stop at the side of the road to hold the phone. And police forces up and down the country are now using truck units to patrol especially on motorways because they can see into other truck cabs as well as look down into cars.
No, I broke my own rules which is why I rarely participate in the spotting thread. Most people I see are watching videos even though you aren't allowed to use your phones here either. I don't want laws to be enforced in a draconian manner, so I just wish people had more common sense. Half of the population has a double digit IQ and think physics is a form of exercise, so I don't see that happening.
Old 22 Nov 2023, 20:03 (Ref:4186929)   #749
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Hit 200k miles this morning.
That is a big step! Congrats, what model year is it again?
Old 22 Nov 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4186930)   #750
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
That is a big step! Congrats, what model year is it again?
2011. I bought in January so it's almost 13.