Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jul 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3836251)   #126
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lowndes did say that Roland would let him drive elsewhere if he wanted. That doesn't sound like a bloke who was 100% in control of the announcement?
Old 12 Jul 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3836288)   #127
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Lowndes did say that Roland would let him drive elsewhere if he wanted. That doesn't sound like a bloke who was 100% in control of the announcement?
Old 12 Jul 2018, 23:55 (Ref:3836414)   #128
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
WOW Rocket Science !!!!

I think a large majority of us this he was moved aside..........dont we ?
I think it was more Roland's wish than Craig's. Again I noticed the comment of Roland letting him drive in other series as being key.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 00:34 (Ref:3836416)   #129
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps the trouble with his kids' mum was one of the reasons he agreed to go?

I myself have left jobs over similar, when they start turning up unannounced and the like.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 02:59 (Ref:3836421)   #130
lala1980
Rookie

lala1980 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I will throw this concept out there. Penske pick him up for the Enduros, giving him an entrée to their sports car program in the US? A thought??
Old 13 Jul 2018, 03:10 (Ref:3836424)   #131
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lala1980 View Post
I will throw this concept out there. Penske pick him up for the Enduros, giving him an entrée to their sports car program in the US? A thought??

I suspect you are in LaLa land.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 03:18 (Ref:3836426)   #132
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lala1980 View Post
You've got a good imagination I'll give you that..
Old 13 Jul 2018, 06:50 (Ref:3836438)   #133
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's contracted to Triple Eight until the end of 2019.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 06:53 (Ref:3836440)   #134
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Perhaps the trouble with his kids' mum was one of the reasons he agreed to go?

I myself have left jobs over similar, when they start turning up unannounced and the like.
Personal problems can sap your focus and enjoyment and boy they don't come any worse than ex problems, and when you are tied to them with children it is a horror show. Add being a public figure into that and it is a nightmare

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 13 Jul 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3836449)   #135
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The New Craig Lowndes
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Jul 2018, 09:00 (Ref:3836451)   #136
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She might be popular, and she fills some apparent void of a female driver at Holden and 888 that they want filled. but if results don't come relatively quickly it might be a marketing disaster, not the triumph they're anticipating.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3836462)   #137
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "New artificially created Craig Lowndes replacement" more like it.

And what's this nonsense: ?
Quote:
Having a female superstar is important to Holden
What's important to Holden is staying alive & relevant for the next few months.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 10:58 (Ref:3836464)   #138
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
She might be popular, and she fills some apparent void of a female driver at Holden and 888 that they want filled. but if results don't come relatively quickly it might be a marketing disaster, not the triumph they're anticipating.
Really popular, 137 votes in the Speedcafe poll at last count. Not a Lowdnes fan after he became the 888 bobber boy but this must be the biggest politically correct con job ever, Holden have obviously put huge pressure on their "factory" team be "inclusive" in order to gain favour with female fans.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3836465)   #139
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why couldn't Holden just put Jack LB in another seat and give the Tekno drive to SDS?
Old 13 Jul 2018, 12:26 (Ref:3836480)   #140
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Why couldn't Holden just put Jack LB in another seat and give the Tekno drive to SDS?
According to paddock chit-chat, SdS was originally courted by Tekno for this season.

However, not a factory team by definition.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 22:53 (Ref:3836574)   #141
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wait until the 2020 season and some numpty in Holden marketing comes up with the idea, that they need a transgender one legged Afghan dwarf to race as part of their social inclusion policy! Which driver will Roland flick then?
Old 14 Jul 2018, 01:02 (Ref:3836589)   #142
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Wait until the 2020 season and some numpty in Holden marketing comes up with the idea, that they need a transgender one legged Afghan dwarf to race as part of their social inclusion policy! Which driver will Roland flick then?

That's if they're still around by then.

There are more "ZB Commodores" on the track right now than there are on the roads.
Old 14 Jul 2018, 02:57 (Ref:3836598)   #143
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
That's if they're still around by then.

There are more "ZB Commodores" on the track right now than there are on the roads.
There were a load of ZBs in the parking lot of the rental car agencies at Brisbane Airport yesterday...
Old 14 Jul 2018, 05:04 (Ref:3836601)   #144
Umai Naa
Veteran

YTD sales are on par with monthly averages for VF2.

Not a good sign.
Old 14 Jul 2018, 07:08 (Ref:3836607)   #145
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There were a load of ZBs in the parking lot of the rental car agencies at Brisbane Airport yesterday...
At that rate it will end up with the resale value of an AU Falcon!

Old 15 Jul 2018, 09:00 (Ref:3836745)   #146
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Protesting too hard?

Old 15 Jul 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3836752)   #147
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2019 you might have to rename this thread. the KID makes a comeback
Old 15 Jul 2018, 10:40 (Ref:3836763)   #148
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Channeling Split Enz.. “History never repeats...”
Old 15 Jul 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3836799)   #149
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Smart money suggests Lowndes will be Whincups co-driver next year. So is Dumbrell cooked?
Old 15 Jul 2018, 23:12 (Ref:3836859)   #150
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Smart money suggests Lowndes will be Whincups co-driver next year. So is Dumbrell cooked?
No need for him to be cooked, he will bow out gracefully.