Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 May 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3070390)   #51
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Cracking weekend, nuff said!

Today was brilliant. Overall I am in love with every Group C car ever built, even the rubbish ones. And I want to commute in a Lola T70
Old 6 May 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3070411)   #52
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

Today was brilliant. Overall I am in love with every Group C car ever built, even the rubbish ones. And I want to commute in a Lola T70
Absolutely, an the Ferrari 512 and Matra got a lump in my throat!! Oh and f2 was stunning
Old 6 May 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3070420)   #53
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOVED IT!

Sadly my weekend was made when the C9 trundled to a stop at our post early on. That door is a tricky bugger when you have never been up close to it before. Such wonderful cars and great fun on post 7.

Move of the weekend had to go to the ballsy mini driver in the last race. The sight of that car, fully sideways and overtaking a cortina through the old hairpin, on the OUTSIDE, will stay with me forever. Top drawer!
Old 7 May 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3070560)   #54
socko
Rookie

England
socko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is only my 3rd session of being a marshal but for me this was the best day so far.

Not only did we have great people on P6 who where a laugh yet inspired confidence but the weather was great too.

The sound of the historic F2 was just amazing and seeing Group C cars was a massive buzz,watching the cars of my childhood(and Top Trumps)race made the day complete.

And Hepatic i know what you mean about that mini driver(car 10),some of the most brave and skilled driving I have seen in a while.
Old 7 May 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3070766)   #55
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
RCMADD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
snatch at 17 not too busy.. just enough to relieve any bordam..

had to go say hello to greem on 21 to relieve him of a group c..

and had the best snatch of my 7 years from post 14 (mclains).. driver span.. reversed to move as cars were comming.. straight into the gravel

we went to snatch it and without the tractor stopping i was off.. hooked the car up and jumped in to steer.. got great comments from race control..
Old 7 May 2012, 18:14 (Ref:3070776)   #56
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and had the best snatch of my 7 years from post 14 (mclains).. driver span.. reversed to move as cars were comming.. straight into the gravel

we went to snatch it and without the tractor stopping i was off.. hooked the car up and jumped in to steer.. got great comments from race control..
Bah. You could have called for the Safety Car, we were getting bored.
Old 7 May 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3070801)   #57
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PieLady did manage the pit hooter both days (ish - why do they come in when you are looking the other way?) and it was great to see so many of you over the weekend.

Shame about the E-types but have to agree that some of those Minis were magic!
Old 7 May 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3070803)   #58
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Bah. You could have called for the Safety Car, we were getting bored.
I spoke to Marcus Pye and he told me that the "Saturday - Pregnant" Safety Car had to be "mentioned in dispatches". So look out for Autosport!
Old 7 May 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3070870)   #59
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMADD View Post
had to go say hello to greem on 21 to relieve him of a group c..
That was in a *really* awkward position, half on the grass and half on the track, a third of the way along the Exhibition Centre, just over the "bump" in the Dunlop Straight. There was a short debate between myself and Race Control before they asked you to pop down and say hello It was a rather unusual situation.

It could have been pushed but it was a long way to the Loop from there... and those Group C cars are insanely quick past 21, yellow flags or otherwise.

Handy for the driver of the stopped car though who took the opportunity to take "a break" outside his race seat!

Worth mentioning Matthew and Martyn - two trainees who got to spend a challenging day on flags and improved massively as the day progressed. Several 60 minute races do tend to sharpen the attention (or dull it terminally!).
Old 7 May 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3070887)   #60
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post

Move of the weekend had to go to the ballsy mini driver in the last race. The sight of that car, fully sideways and overtaking a cortina through the old hairpin, on the OUTSIDE, will stay with me forever. Top drawer!
Would have loved to see that.

I have a series of shots from Spa with Roger Wills of this Parish in his Mini taking a Falcon around the outside of Eau Rouge/Raidillon in the wet.

Now whilst the Mini seemed more than capable of taking the curves at that speed the trust needed in the other driver not to get off line is another matter.
Old 8 May 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3071012)   #61
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know how the E-Type driver that was extracted is? Can't find anything on HSCC website.
Old 8 May 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3071050)   #62
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i heard on the way out over the PA that both drivers who were taken to hospital were discharged later that day, one of whom came back to race control.
Old 8 May 2012, 14:56 (Ref:3071245)   #63
SteveR
Rookie

United Kingdom
SteveR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
LOVED IT!

I don't know if he was in that particular Mini, but Whizzo was a "guest" driver in some races. If it was the same Mini I was watching on the cameras going through the Esses, it would have had to have been someone with that level of car control.
Old 8 May 2012, 16:33 (Ref:3071292)   #64
Johansen2000
Racer

England
Leicester
Johansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the offical programme the drivers of the really entertaining number 10 mini was Andrew Hack and Daniel Wheeler. I was over on post 12 for the sunday and was a brilliant day, that mini and the group c was just amazing!!!! Was also very glad to hear that the 2 jag drivers were ok at the end of the day.
Old 9 May 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3071683)   #65
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Results are now available here:

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/the-races/
Old 9 May 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3071893)   #66
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is goods to read that you all enjoyed the meeting. It was great to have so many marshals, especially after the bad weather of the previous week.

I think most posts had something to do, with Post 1 have the 2 major incidents of the weekend.

Once again my thanks to you all.

See you soon.

Regards

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal - HSCC
Old 21 May 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3077414)   #67
drive
Rookie

United Kingdom
Newbury
drive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great Festival this year!