Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Nov 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3943049)   #1326
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Shedden?
Apparently so
Old 26 Nov 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3943050)   #1327
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So the first of the marked words have now proven to be true

Bringing the total confirmed entries to 12 (10 drivers), which means we already have more than a third of the grid in place for 2020...

TeamCarDriverNotes

Confirmed Entries   
Excelr8Hyundai i30Smith ?Confirmed in press release - want to retain driver lineup
Excelr8Hyundai i30Osborne ?Confirmed in press release - want to retain driver lineup
Team DynamicsHonda CivicCammish2yr contract confirmed in press release
Team DynamicsHonda CivicNealConfirmed as driver pairing in press release
WSRBMW 330iOliphantReported as continuing next year with the team
Power MaxedVauxhall ?PlatoTalked about engine / chassis developments for 2020 in interview
SpeedworksToyota CorollaIngramConfirmed Ginsters backing for 2020 in article
Laser Tools/BMRInfiniti Q50MoffatConfirmed in press release
Laser Tools/BMRInfiniti Q50SuttonConfirmed in press release
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class ?RowbottomConfirmed entry in Facebook post
Ciceley MotorsportMB A-Class ?MorganBrands Hatch summary confirms 2020 return
HARDVW CCGoffOn BTCC.net (and others)

Likely Entries   
?????????Former HMS TBL
WSRBMW 330i??????
Power MaxedVauxhall ???????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
MotorbaseFord Focus??????
BTC RacingHonda CivicSmiley ?New cars for 2019
BTC RacingHonda Civic???New cars for 2019
HARDVW CCThompsonClaims to have exciting 2020 news on social media soon
HARDVW CCCoatesGilham #tagging?
HARDVW CC??????

Possible Entries   
AmDHonda Civic??????
AmDHonda Civic??????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
TradePrice(Amd)?????????
Team ParkerBMW ???????
MotorbaseFord Focus???TBL on loan for 2019
???MB A-Class???TBL+Car on sale from Laser Tools
???Jag ?CreesRumoured by Crees in a Facebook interview
WSRBMW 330iJordanLost Pirtek sponsorship, says he wants to stay in the BTCC, but only with WSR
Maximum Motorsport??????Lines evaluated a PMR car, and wants to run a young driver in BTCC
??????ChiltonHas been critical of the Focus in the press
??????EdwardsHas stated that she no longer drives in Clio Cup. Website is worded to suggest she is on the grid for 2020

Entries with doubt   
??????SheddenSpeculation about wanting a return
??????M.JacksonLinked to half of the teams on the grid
??????BlundellStated that he is undecided about a 2020 return
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry
???Subaru Levorg???Car not viable as NGTC entry
Simpson RacingHonda CivicSimpsonRumoured to have vocalised a withdrawal
???MG6???Excelr8 switched to Hyundai
???MG6???Excelr8 switched to Hyundai

Words Marked   
??????Jordantouring fan01
??????Chiltontouring fan01, Alfisti
??????FilesTR4racer
???Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
Not HARDNot Honda CivicBoardleyPickles
Simpson TBLHonda CivicNot SimpsonPickles
???BMW 330iCollardAlfisti
BTCHonda CivicChiltonbilly bleach
Motorbase3rd Car???Jiiiiiiim
PMR3rd Car???Pickles
Trade PriceAudi S3 x2???Overboost
AmDHonda Civic x2New DriversOverboost
BTC???ChiltonOverboost
BTC???CookOverboost
PMR???SmileyPickles
Motorbase???ButcherPickles
HARD???Boardleysceptic
HARD???Creessceptic
??????SheddenPickles

True Words Spoken   
??????Suttontouring fan01

False Words Spoken   

Old 26 Nov 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3943052)   #1328
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lets just say this, warren wont take the **** out of the moffats, if he does then he might be going for a wee walk in the pentland hills... bob is a lovely guy, total gent but i would not cross him or his
Old 26 Nov 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3943055)   #1329
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Shedden?
Guess it wouldn't be at Dynamics though.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3943056)   #1330
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When 888 fell under the BMR umbrella, the 888 identity died (IMO).

The same will now be true of BMR I feel. BMR is just a placeholder for the TBL ownership at the moment it seems, and a relatively easy transfer of assets connected to running a second car, as opposed to really being a joint venture it feels.

Scott's hand is made up of one great driver and two TBL's.
Moffat's hand is made up of one pretty decent driver, three cars, one TBL and a sponsorship deal in place.

By the time we get to Silverstone, I expect the BMR name to be pretty much none existent, except for using the workshop(s) as a destination for the cars between rounds until June/July.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3943058)   #1331
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Guess it wouldn't be at Dynamics though.
Allegedly in a team with his brother in law 🤔
Old 26 Nov 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3943059)   #1332
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
When 888 fell under the BMR umbrella, the 888 identity died (IMO).

The same will now be true of BMR I feel. BMR is just a placeholder for the TBL ownership at the moment it seems, and a relatively easy transfer of assets connected to running a second car, as opposed to really being a joint venture it feels.

Scott's hand is made up of one great driver and two TBL's.
Moffat's hand is made up of one pretty decent driver, three cars, one TBL and a sponsorship deal in place.

By the time we get to Silverstone, I expect the BMR name to be pretty much none existent, except for using the workshop(s) as a destination for the cars between rounds until June/July.
The TBL ownership list is due to be published soon isn't it?
Old 26 Nov 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3943060)   #1333
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Allegedly in a team with his brother in law 🤔
Motorbase? Now that would be a top line-up and they’d have no excuse for poor showings!
Old 26 Nov 2019, 21:15 (Ref:3943063)   #1334
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In other news, apparently a past champion will be returning to the grid next year.
Audi WTCR is practically dead, so makes sense for Shedden to try and make a return here.

Maybe Audis will be on the WTCR grid in 2020, but looks like without Audi Sport wages. They already cut any testing budget for 2019 and will not build a new TCR car.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3943064)   #1335
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Noticed that, interesting... Wonder if the existing cars will find a new home?
Once they’ve built “new” cars with new shells, I doubt there will be much left of the old cars tbh.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3943066)   #1336
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I guess the current Inifiniti he used is a few seasons old, so makes sense to build newer ones
Old 26 Nov 2019, 21:27 (Ref:3943070)   #1337
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I guess the current Inifiniti he used is a few seasons old, so makes sense to build newer ones
Each only has a single season's worth of running racked up compared to 6 or 7 on some of the Hondas so I doubt it's because of age. I think they are wanting to incoporate some of the changes they made directly into the chasis of the new cars rather than working around an older design chasis (the TCT article explains it much better than I can! )
Old 26 Nov 2019, 21:40 (Ref:3943071)   #1338
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Each only has a single season's worth of running racked up compared to 6 or 7 on some of the Hondas so I doubt it's because of age. I think they are wanting to incoporate some of the changes they made directly into the chasis of the new cars rather than working around an older design chasis (the TCT article explains it much better than I can! )
I think it will be easier to strip weight from a bare shell, rather than a caged up shell like the current cars.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 21:50 (Ref:3943073)   #1339
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Motorbase? Now that would be a top line-up and they’d have no excuse for poor showings!
I’d of thought teaming up in his old FK2 alongside Rory would be more appealing.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 21:50 (Ref:3943074)   #1340
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The old Infinitis were built by GPRM, who were not known for building lightweight cars. New ones are being built by WPMS, or they will be once the two Hyundais are out of the way.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 22:03 (Ref:3943075)   #1341
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I’d of thought teaming up in his old FK2 alongside Rory would be more appealing.
BTC FK2's spring to mind. Could they be in the hands of Team Chilly Jocko Land Haggis Irn Bru Knockhill Racing? Who may have acquired a Laser TBL and a HMS or Simpson one.

It's definitely not the daftest idea I've had...

Collard in a WSR BMW is not a thing I hear more's the pity.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 22:31 (Ref:3943077)   #1342
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would Sheds want to return to drive his 6 year old fk2? Is there any chance of a 3rd dynamics car? Or a 3rd BTC FK8? Maybe a factory backed new generation Ford Focus ST with Motorbase alongside Rory? Although any seat he can get he will have more success than he's had the last 2 seasons I'm sure of that. I hope we see him return, he is class.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 22:32 (Ref:3943078)   #1343
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think a lot of top teams would not need asking twice when it comes to Flash
Old 26 Nov 2019, 22:35 (Ref:3943080)   #1344
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
BTC FK2's spring to mind. Could they be in the hands of Team Chilly Jocko Land Haggis Irn Bru Knockhill Racing? Who may have acquired a Laser TBL and a HMS or Simpson one.

It's definitely not the daftest idea I've had...

Collard in a WSR BMW is not a thing I hear more's the pity.
Don’t the Chilton’s own Carlin?...
Old 27 Nov 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3943143)   #1345
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
There is a connection, not sure whether they own it though. Certainly heavy involvement with Max and his single seat career in the States.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3943145)   #1346
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

workshop will be raceworx in livingston, home of laser tools racing, was built last year and is a top class facility, has dynos, bodyshop, paintshop, mechanical shop... team in place with top engineers, they could do all the shell fabrication in house easily. master tech is a experienced car builder and scottish champion racer himself.... his tig welding is a work of art
Old 27 Nov 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3943163)   #1347
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Yes. Bought it out of a pre-pack administration about a decade ago now.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3943179)   #1348
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
workshop will be raceworx in livingston, home of laser tools racing, was built last year and is a top class facility, has dynos, bodyshop, paintshop, mechanical shop... team in place with top engineers, they could do all the shell fabrication in house easily. master tech is a experienced car builder and scottish champion racer himself.... his tig welding is a work of art
Yes - I know that Laser Tools racing are based out of Scotland. The Saltire gives it away a bit
I also fully expect all of the preparation and initial build work to be carried out in Livingston.

But - as this is a combined Laser Tools and BMR Racing entry, then a quick glance at a map will show that the travel distance between Hertfordshire and venues scheduled for April and May is significantly (in terms of days) less than Livingston.

When the team packs up after events on the 12th April - then the team has the choice over the next 4 weeks:

Return to Hertfordshire between rounds - approx. 230 miles (4-5 hours travelling)
Return to Livingston between rounds - approx. 1540 miles (4-5 days travelling)

I know which makes more sense logistically
Old 27 Nov 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3943187)   #1349
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
So the BMR connection is they park the stuff in Warrens shed between races?

Maybe if nowt needs doing to the car - I think the shed is lacking stuff to repair/ service after the Moffats visit the other month.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3943189)   #1350
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I think the shed is lacking stuff to repair/ service after the Moffats visit the other month.
Perhaps the Moffat transporter was delivering to Hertfordshire?