Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 28 Mar 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3893966)   #176
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Buemi was doing that for a while. Isn't that right?
I'm not sure. But I wouldn't be surprised. But I do remember Di Grassi accusing Sarrazin of using it.
Di Grassi himself has also teamed up with Youtube gamers trying to get more exposure and people to vote for him, but that was years ago.
Old 28 Mar 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3893976)   #177
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see Piquet in IndyCar.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 00:00 (Ref:3894007)   #178
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Too many walls to hit.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3897225)   #179
nicker less
Racer

Seychelles
nicker less should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Oh look...guess who got fan boost in Rome?
Old 13 Apr 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3897238)   #180
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a decent race. Not the result I wanted but good racing with the leaders.

Lopez had yet another disaster of a weekend. That sort of mess is the kind of stuff that gets you dropped quicker than a Nelson Piquet.
Old 21 Apr 2019, 21:57 (Ref:3898923)   #181
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That was a decent race. Not the result I wanted but good racing with the leaders.

Lopez had yet another disaster of a weekend. That sort of mess is the kind of stuff that gets you dropped quicker than a Nelson Piquet.

Never been impressed with Lopez in any form of racing I’ve watched him in.

Would he have been in in LMP1 / FE if he hadn’t won a championship in a massively dominant WTCC? Not sure, but he’s not really done anything of note since except crash plenty
Old 27 Apr 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3900013)   #182
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paris was a mess, has to be said. Other than Frijns, Lotterrer and the 2 Audis, it appears everyone else forgot how to drive. Circuit was pretty decent. Some alright racing, but the amount of accidents was silly.

I think race control needs to look at counting down to green after FCYs, like WEC and Blancpain do.
Old 27 Apr 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3900057)   #183
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeej!!! A first dutch winnner on our national holiday!
Old 27 Apr 2019, 22:13 (Ref:3900086)   #184
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPP68 View Post
Yeej!!! A first dutch winnner on our national holiday!
Say thanks to Nissan. That team seems a bit lost.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 22:42 (Ref:3900589)   #185
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Frijns was so at ease in the worse conditions.

Massively underated and wasted talent.
Old 2 May 2019, 08:07 (Ref:3901134)   #186
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

no money no F1, was a better driver then Sainz, Kvyatt and many more drivers who did reach F1
Old 13 May 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3903474)   #187
LPP68
Rookie

Frijns for sure has more than just a bit of talent. I am not sure if he would be successful in F1. From what I read about him in interviews and articles, I got the impression that he does not put in the training effort required to be a top athlete necessary to be a successful F1 driver. Fysically his work in DTM, Gt's and Formula E are way less demanding, probably requiring to be stronger and fitter than average, but that very last percent is not needed.
Old 13 May 2019, 10:49 (Ref:3903475)   #188
LPP68
Rookie

I remembered Monaco was supposed to be driven on the complete racetrack this year, instead of the short version they used in the previous editions? A shame, I was curious how FE-cars would do compared to their petrol-powered cousins 2 weeks from now, both in terms of speed as well as in terms of racing.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3912913)   #189
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed many comments about the criticisms about Hong Kong e-prix and questioned why it was included in the calendar. I heard some unconfirmed rumors from Hong Kong local media that the promoter of FE believed the Hong Kong FE race is the one where suit the core concept for "Street Racing" that is the only match to this idea, so circuits may be located far away from the city centre, or even on closed areas (Berlin and Mexico). So the promoter hopes to keep Hong Kong in the calendar, but the problem is the circuit needs to be revised in order to facilitate two new entries from Porsche.
Old 20 Jun 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3913161)   #190
LPP68
Rookie

I will visit Bern this weekend! I am really looking forward to this. I have never been to a Formula E race, nor have I ever been at a race on a street circuit.

Dutch motorsports website autosport.nl writes that the city of Eindhoven has put a proposal on the table to organize a race. Eindhoven is not really a metropolitan city like Paris, Berlin, Hong Kong or New York, but it is the Dutch high tech capital, being the birthplace of Philips and ASML, as well as producer of electric busses VDL, and housing one of the largest technical universities in the country.
http://autosport.nl/klasse/nieuws/32...formule-e-race
Old 22 Jun 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3913534)   #191
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Another Mickey Mouse track,made worse when most of the feild crashed at the first chicane....
Old 23 Jun 2019, 07:19 (Ref:3913629)   #192
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Bad attitude rightly damaged his career enormously.
Old 23 Jun 2019, 08:09 (Ref:3913639)   #193
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Another Mickey Mouse track,made worse when most of the feild crashed at the first chicane....
To be fair most of the field did not crash there. Frijns was taken out before the chicane. Wherlein spun and blocked the chicane entirely. A couple of cars just touched in the block and that was it. Stationary cars that can't move because the track is blocked are not crashed cars...
Old 23 Jun 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3913668)   #194
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Normally I could defend the city-scape tracks of FE as it’s a fundamental part of what the championship is all about. However, I thought the Bern track was by far the worst one they have been to.

Whoever thought that the right place to start the race was the run to that tight chicane needs their head reading. If there isn’t any suitable location to start a race from, then they shouldn’t really be going there. Overall the track was too narrow and totally devoid of feasible overtaking places. Yes it looked nice with the elevation changes, but for racing it was awful.

FE can do better than that.
Old 23 Jun 2019, 15:49 (Ref:3913733)   #195
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
What I don't understand about FE is why people continue to watch it and complain about the Micky Mouse tracks. NASCAR Races on ovals. WRX races on dirt. Dragsters race on dragstrips. FE races on tight wee street circuits. I discovered I didn't like stock cars, so didn't continue to tune into NASCAR and then say "urgh, they're using stock cars again!".

Bern wasn't the best circuit, but I don't believe it's the worst - Hong Kong (IIRC) was pretty poor. But we have plenty of full size circuits which are atrocious too. Chicane position was terrible, but the rest of the circuit seemed nice enough. But, to be fair, Frijns was spun before the chicane. If it wasn't there, he'd still be backwards.

I wasn't impressed with the race control mess at the start. Track was blocked and everyone was expecting a red flag, which didn't come for half a lap. So you had drivers looking around for red flags and not knowing if they could race or not. So we were under green, but everyone was scared of getting a penalty for overtaking under a red which didn't exist.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 23 Jun 2019 at 15:57.
Old 26 Jun 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3914331)   #196
LPP68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Frijns was spun before the chicane. If it wasn't there, he'd still be backwards.
Not entirely true, because he got hit by d'Ambrosio because he had to brake for said chicane. But indeed not so relevant, since the red flag was caused by Guenther and Wehrlein.

I do not share the harsh comments on the track. It is indeed not the best for overtaking, but if you think overtaking was impossible, ask DiGrassi or Lotterer what they have been doing then.
And what it lacked in overtaking, it made up by being awesome from turn 2 to turn 7.
The atmosphere was good. Where I stood watching the race, on the outside of the track at the downhill section, the people stood rows thick watching the action. In the city center, the usually quite tame sleepy town (Thrust me, I've been there before) was crowded and very cheerful.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3917018)   #197
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
This weekend it's the season finale at New York with a doubleheader.

Can Di Grassi leap over Vergne?
Old 12 Jul 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3917231)   #198
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

Unlikely. How often have we said in motor racing that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?
Old 13 Jul 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3917320)   #199
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm not sure. I think Jean-Eric is quite a bitter taller than Lucas.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 14:17 (Ref:3917370)   #200
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
This weekend it's the season finale at New York with a doubleheader.

Needs at least one DNF from JEV to be possible really. I'm not sure it'll happen.