Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Oct 2002, 22:19 (Ref:408231)   #1
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa to Ferrari???

Felipe Massa is rumoured to replace Luciano Burti as Ferrari test-driver!
I don´t know weather it´´s true or not, it was in the Swiss newspaper "Blick"
Old 19 Oct 2002, 22:30 (Ref:408233)   #2
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well... It's work, at least.
Old 19 Oct 2002, 23:32 (Ref:408263)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burti is a friend of Rubens. I think they'll probably keep him on unles he's got a dive somewhere.

I remember hearing a rumour once that he might take the second seat when TGF retires. But he's among the many who said they would not drive for Ferrari until that happy day.
Old 20 Oct 2002, 08:30 (Ref:408383)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rumours were Ferrari were keen on Massa to begin with, but once it was known Sauber dropped him, and he kept crashing, there were no more rumours. I doubt this is true....
Old 20 Oct 2002, 10:22 (Ref:408423)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Burti is a friend of Rubens.
But so is Massa, the 2 drivers are quite close (Massa and Rubens), If Burti has found another driver or been dropped by Ferrari then i could see Rubens push for Massa.
Old 20 Oct 2002, 10:25 (Ref:408424)   #6
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if the testteams engineers are'nt hapy with Luciano's feedback Ferrari will replace him no matter what Rubens says........
Old 20 Oct 2002, 10:41 (Ref:408436)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
So far, I see little evidence that the feedback of either Ferrari test drivers is less than advantageous. If Arrows drops out next year, then I see Massa getting a test drive if at all.
Old 20 Oct 2002, 10:51 (Ref:408441)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"if the testteams engineers are'nt hapy with Luciano's feedback Ferrari will replace him no matter what Rubens says"

Yep, whereas if Michael says 'keep him', they bend over backwards to make it so. Massa coul;d be ideal, as he ahs more longterm potential than Burti, there are just some rough edges to work on.
Old 20 Oct 2002, 11:55 (Ref:408459)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought that the contract between Burti and Ferrari had already ended??

If Massa moves to Ferrari, it would be pretty good. Then all they need would be to hire Jos for Michael, and each of the team drivers would have their own personal-assistant-cum-good-fren-cum-private-tester.

Another step forward made!

But i would personally like to see Massa go to Ferrari. With proper naturing, he should do pretty fine in the future.
Old 20 Oct 2002, 17:33 (Ref:408683)   #10
zootv
Rookie

zootv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO, Massa has proven that he has racing potential. He was a bit wild at some stages last year, but he's able to attack and sometimes, he was a lot better than Nick Heidfeld. I was sad to hear that he lost his drive. So, Massa to Ferrari... that would be fun. Massa and Barrichello would be a good duo...
Old 20 Oct 2002, 18:33 (Ref:408737)   #11
emmer
Rookie

Japan
emmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does say nothing but last thursday I was visiting the International Automobile Trade Show 2002 here in São Paulo. Only few people could enter into the stand of Ferrari, but I've seen just one person getting the ferrari enzo, starting it up and accelerating (with the car stopped obviously): felipe massa

oh and what a sweet noise from the engine btw
Old 20 Oct 2002, 20:26 (Ref:408830)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The way I see it I can't see Massa making a very good test driver for anyone, let alone a top team like Ferrari.

Testing has got virtually nothing to do with the kind of driving Massa seems to favour. He's very twitchy and relies on reflexes rather than technique. He does seem quite a good "battler", but that's of zero value in testing, when consistency and the ability to follows directions are all.
Old 20 Oct 2002, 21:03 (Ref:408859)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe Ferrari see the potential in his driving and feel that they can turn him into a driver who will do well for them?
Old 20 Oct 2002, 21:06 (Ref:408863)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Massa would do extremely well as second driver to Barichello(who deserves a N°1 seat after all the sh*t he's been through...)
Old 20 Oct 2002, 22:21 (Ref:408894)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think Ralf would make a better team mate for Rubens that massa, don't you?
Old 20 Oct 2002, 22:55 (Ref:408907)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, not really... Ralf is better off in a Go-Kart than in F1! (see the "Ralf won't miss spa!!!" thread)