Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jul 2011, 01:06 (Ref:2909661)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
And this is the team that has supported him 100% since he was, like 12! The words ungrateful, self-centred and fair weather only jump out at me. I would love to see him go to Red Bull and and get the reality check of just how far off Vettel he is.

Last edited by wnut; 2 Jul 2011 at 01:13.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 03:56 (Ref:2909710)   #17
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
^BWAHAHA!!- he matched ALONSO IN HIS FIRST YEAR! yeah, he's not going to be shown up by fingerboy. If he was at Red Bull, they'd have won EVERY race this year. They just about have. While I rate Vettel highly, Alonso or Hamilton in their car would be just as fast, probably faster.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2913842)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
^BWAHAHA!!- he matched ALONSO IN HIS FIRST YEAR! yeah, he's not going to be shown up by fingerboy. If he was at Red Bull, they'd have won EVERY race this year. They just about have. While I rate Vettel highly, Alonso or Hamilton in their car would be just as fast, probably faster.
Alonso...maybe. Hamilton would still have ended up in front of the stewards for something or over. Outright speed isn't everything, either. Sometimes you need to take your 'racing head' off, and put your 'thinking head' on.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 12:46 (Ref:2913867)   #19
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I think Vettel is very good, but I reckon Hamilton would shade him over a season in the same car.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 13:04 (Ref:2913879)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I think Vettel is very good, but I reckon Hamilton would shade him over a season in the same car.
Somehow, you know that it just wouldn't work out that way.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 15:11 (Ref:2917404)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Hamilton has 'get out clause', apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...e-McLaren.html

Hamilton to......Mercedes ???
Old 3 Jul 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2917514)   #22
Aysedasi
Retirement Club Member
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's targeting 12th place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
.....he's not going to be shown up by fingerboy.....

Fingerboy...... I like that......

Old 3 Jul 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2917561)   #23
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Fingerboy...... I like that......
I thought that Vettel was 'the new Mansell'? Seriously though, what is it with those strange radio messages he gives to his team after ever race win?

I saw the Lewis story as well. Where could he go? Ferrari is a no-no, because of his nemesis Alonso and Red Bull I can't see him in. I think if he went there he and Seb would clash(much like he and Alonso did in 2007). Mercedes, despite having the great talents of Ross Brawn, don't seem to be going anyway fast. McLaren are still a top team which has the experience of winning and also know how to develop a car through the season well. I suppose Lewis could take a sabbatical and then wait for one of the top teams to have a spare driver position, but that doesn't look likely any time soon.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2917570)   #24
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's all very well talking about moving to another team but history shows that if you are moving between the top few well funded teams a move to what was a better team last year is fraught with risk as the pecking order can change quite abruptly. It took Jenson years to recover from such a mistake and Ayrton got very badly bitten and was sadly killed before he had a chance to turn things around. Hamilton could easily jump ship just as Mclaren work their way back to the top but in his case he would also wreck what is to some extent at least a special relationship.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2917605)   #25
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
It's all very well talking about moving to another team but history shows that if you are moving between the top few well funded teams a move to what was a better team last year is fraught with risk as the pecking order can change quite abruptly. It took Jenson years to recover from such a mistake and Ayrton got very badly bitten and was sadly killed before he had a chance to turn things around. Hamilton could easily jump ship just as Mclaren work their way back to the top but in his case he would also wreck what is to some extent at least a special relationship.
Jenson didn't want to leave Williams, they wanted Montoya in it. He was kept under contract but given to Renault, then moving to BAR Honda. He brought himself out of his Williams contract. Actually a smart move, as Williams haven't won again since BMW dropped them. I admit, it didn't look it at the time. As was a smart move, of leaving Brawn and going to McLaren.

Ayrton probably made a wise move as well, when he moved to Williams from McLaren. They were the team to beat back then. Sadly he was killed, but there was no doubting that the Williams from 1992 to 1997 was the top car. McLaren had a long spell in the wilderness.

I take your point though as moving between top teams could ruin the inter team relationships. Just look at Alonso when he moved to McLaren. He never established himself in that team(at least that is my impression of it). He was lucky that Ferrari were unhappy with Kimi and he got himself another top drive, otherwise he won be stuck in a Renault still.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2917615)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
He was lucky that Ferrari were unhappy with Kimi and he got himself another top drive, otherwise he won be stuck in a Renault still.
I think it was the other way around. Ferrari became unhappy with Kimi when they knew that Fernando was available.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2917616)   #27
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perksy View Post
So...he's gone from giving up on the title, to saying he hasn't the next day, to now being very feisty indeed.
He's clearly been leant upon by his team so that they don't start losing sponsors.

Oh I long for the days when JV or Montoya would say it like it is!
Crikey those are some dots you've joined up.
I think it is more just a case of him being asked questions again and again and journalists wanting to fill pages. The real headline is "nothing has happened here".

Can this really be used to show that the good old days (of 1996-2006!) are better?
Old 4 Jul 2011, 00:10 (Ref:2917673)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Desperate to win. But who isn't?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92829

"Who knows what regulations are going to do? But we have a very strong team, and Mercedes Benz always have the best engines."

OOH! What does that mean?!
Old 4 Jul 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2917683)   #29
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Desperate to win. But who isn't?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92829

"Who knows what regulations are going to do? But we have a very strong team, and Mercedes Benz always have the best engines."

OOH! What does that mean?!
Lewis needs to talk to the press far less, put his head down and get on with the job at hand..

Red Bull have produced a faster car and they have a driver that gets the very best out of it..

If I were Lewis Hamilton I would not bank on the rule changes making any difference, McLaren might even go backwards a little..
Old 4 Jul 2011, 01:02 (Ref:2917690)   #30
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
If I were Lewis Hamilton I would not bank on the rule changes making any difference, McLaren might even go backwards a little..
As I understand it, McLaren will be disadvantaged at Silverstone, because they have been blowing hot exhaust gases under their cars. The others are Ferrari, Renault and maybe Mercedes. Red Bull will suffer less because they have been blowing cold exhaust gases.

At least, that's how I understand it.