Other 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jul 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2924627)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by never made a mistake bjohnsonsmith View Post
I think McLaren's lollipop guy should get the Retard of the Race award.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 16:26 (Ref:2924628)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
That's a bit harsh IMO. He'll be suffering enough as it is!
Ok, it can be reserved for the German GP, when someone really makes a hash of it.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2924629)   #28
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Old 10 Jul 2011, 16:39 (Ref:2924637)   #29
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Ok, it can be reserved for the German GP, when someone really makes a hash of it.
And they will!

I think that it should be an award given to the most hapless member of the F1 paddock over an entire season. This would still, apparently, leaves the likes of Eddie Jordan, Charlie Whiting, Christian Horner and Martin Whitmarsh in the running.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2924638)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And they will!

I think that it should be an award given to the most hapless member of the F1 paddock over an entire season. This would still, apparently, leaves the likes of Eddie Jordan, Charlie Whiting, Christian Horner and Martin Whitmarsh in the running.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2924641)   #31
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think you find it is Martin Whitmarsh's fault.
After designing and building the car, Martin Whitmarsh still does the lollipop man job himself. He also does the wheel nuts on all four wheels. So he is directly to blame for LH AND JB's problems. And Mclarens. And probably HRT's as well - he moonlights for them too.

Not many people know that.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 16:51 (Ref:2924646)   #32
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It's been revealed that Martin Whitmarsh is solely to blame for climate change and the current downturn in the economic markets. He was unavailable for comment, due to having completely destroyed McLaren's mobile home, trying to set light to a full copy of Lewis Hamilton's contract.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2924648)   #33
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Of course this whole thing with Martin Whitmarse is being blown out of someone's...
Old 10 Jul 2011, 17:02 (Ref:2924650)   #34
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Teflonso, honourable mention to Paul di Resta.. what would have happened if the right tires had been fitted?
Old 10 Jul 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2924656)   #35
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has to be Teflonso. Second place to Lewis for a good comeback drive and also for hanging on to 4th at the end. Third place I was going to give to Jenson, but his wheel came off, so it goes to Mr. Vettel. Another 2nd place for him and still a big points cushion. Plus he managed to get the jump on his teammate at the start. I know - I wasn't happy that they weren't allowed to race at the end, but I suppose I can see why Red Bull did that.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2924658)   #36
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Fernando by a country mile. I expect some people will vote for Hamilton because they do, but if anything Perez was my other star today.
I vote for who I think was the driver of the race. If that's Hamilton then that's where my vote goes. Not sure what your comment means really.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 17:50 (Ref:2924667)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
I vote for who I think was the driver of the race. If that's Hamilton then that's where my vote goes. Not sure what your comment means really.
Well there's opinions, but there's also voting for someone who was the driver of the race, not just voting for someone's favourite driver regardless of their performance.

Think that's his general jist?
Old 10 Jul 2011, 18:17 (Ref:2924676)   #38
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I am going to have to think some more about this one..

I am struggling because of the events that have taken place over this weekend..
Old 10 Jul 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2924720)   #39
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I am going to have to think some more about this one..

I am struggling because of the events that have taken place over this weekend..
I suppose that you have to award it to the guy who drove the car the best, in the specification it was in at the time.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2924780)   #40
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted for alonso, if Hamilton had been able to keep him honest in the final part of the race then it would have gone to him but Alonso gets it for romping away
Old 10 Jul 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2924781)   #41
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Er, sorry – what was the question? Meanwhile, Jenson for prime minister, minister for sport, cultural diversity, common sense and general all-round good eggmanship. Ready when you are, nurse...
Old 10 Jul 2011, 21:41 (Ref:2924794)   #42
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld.
Won eight places in the race: started 16th, finished 8th.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2924806)   #43
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Well there's opinions, but there's also voting for someone who was the driver of the race, not just voting for someone's favourite driver regardless of their performance.

Think that's his general jist?
Correct.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2924823)   #44
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'm not a Hamilton fan but starting 10th and finishing where he did was pretty damn good.
I agree on that. and he only finished as low as he did because his team forgot to put enough petrol in.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 23:29 (Ref:2924838)   #45
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
I agree on that. and he only finished as low as he did because his team forgot to put enough petrol in.
But he also went faster at the beginning of the race because his team forgot to put enough petrol in. I guess that you can't have it both ways.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 23:38 (Ref:2924840)   #46
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
But he also went faster at the beginning of the race because his team forgot to put enough petrol in. I guess that you can't have it both ways.

So I have decided that YOU will choose my driver of the race..If you are up to it of course..
Old 10 Jul 2011, 23:48 (Ref:2924844)   #47
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
So I have decided that YOU will choose my driver of the race..If you are up to it of course..
Go with Alonso. He was slower than Hamilton at the beginning of the race, but then was strangely faster towards the end of it. Go figure.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 00:03 (Ref:2924847)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A shame Mr Ricciardo didnt 'do a Webber' and score points on debut... that he got the unfortunate HRT home is good for him, and should set him on the path to replacing Potsie as RBR cannon fodder sooner rather than later.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Jul 2011, 00:08 (Ref:2924852)   #49
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Go with Alonso. He was slower than Hamilton at the beginning of the race, but then was strangely faster towards the end of it. Go figure.
So is that who you want to choose....
Old 11 Jul 2011, 04:57 (Ref:2924904)   #50
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso, looking as good today as I've ever seen him.