Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 30 Aug 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1081516)   #16
git
Rookie

git should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've used just about every car I've owned since 1985 as a dual duty machine.
I'm currently using a seven clone and it has full insurance coverage. However, If it gets pranged on track I will not make an insurance claim.
m.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1091759)   #17
dubby99
Racer

dubby99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's to bad you need to hold a drivers licence to get to and on the track.
Can't wait to get my licence back next year, i will be heading as fast as i can to eastern creek to enjoy a good track day without the cops bugging anybody.
Old 24 Sep 2004, 21:12 (Ref:1106227)   #18
sjw75
Racer

United Kingdom
Berkshire
sjw75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would I use my road car on a track day......?

Pug 205 TrackDay crash (Rally SuperCar Day @ Castle Coombe)

.....No !!

Cheers

Simon.

Last edited by sjw75; 24 Sep 2004 at 21:13.

Team circuitmarshal "In-out round and round"
Old 24 Sep 2004, 21:34 (Ref:1106240)   #19
sjw75
Racer

United Kingdom
Berkshire
sjw75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, Castle Combe fat fingers !!!!

Simon.

Team circuitmarshal "In-out round and round"
Old 30 Nov 2004, 01:21 (Ref:1167589)   #20
stuartcmorrison
Rookie

stuartcmorrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I did my first car track day on Sunday in my 4 week old & one & only road car. It's only a Civic Type R but it's the fastest car that I've owned & it's been a fun packed 4 weeks on the road. However, driving it at Donington was mind blowing & allowed me to push the car further than any road driving both from a legal & safety aspect.

Now donít get me wrong, I love the fact that there is such a varied collection of vehicles in attendance but track days were originally born out of a desire by enthusiasts to experience track driving in their road going cars. If we all only used cars that we could afford to lose, the places would be full of 10-15 year old Fiestas & E30 BMís & the majority of the day would be red-flagged in order to clear up the carnage & anyway, thereís already a class for that at Hednesford Hills Raceway.

I would estimate that there were 60-70 cars in attendance on Sunday & yes there were several incidents, mostly harmless spins due to the torrential rain in the morning. However there were a couple of note-worthy performances.

1. A Rover coupe, brought out the red flag in one session & the yellows in another, one car, 2 disruptions, I was gonna ask him for a refund!
2. White 325, yellow flags in one session for spinning at inside of coppice (how do you do that?). Next session, down the inside of me on Craner curves, down the inside of aforementioned Rover at Starkeys Bridge (both strict no-noís at morning briefing) & when we get to Goddardís the red flags are out again cos he spun into the barrier, all in one lap, plenty of ****** signs & more track time lost.

My advice is take your Imprezas, Supras & M3ís on the track cos itís the only place where you can fully enjoy (read exploit) them, spot the problem cars early on (you canít miss Ďem) & stay out of there way.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 15:59 (Ref:1176282)   #21
dochersd
Rookie

dochersd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't bother buying a track specific car, keep your own and join track-club, part of track-sense. You pay an annual subscription of about £1500 and you can use their cars on track - Exige, Radical, Evo, Elise, Golf Gti, Spyder and even a the new Turner LMP.

Get's launched at the Autosport show in Jan.

Last edited by Hobson; 11 Dec 2004 at 12:27.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 01:30 (Ref:1177357)   #22
MikeHoyer
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't take my car onto the track, I couldn't put up with all the laughing...

Buying an old, cheap car sounds like a good idea, so long as people don't use the fact that the car is expendable to get stupid with it. It's more if the engine lets go, or something like that.

Of course not everybody can afford top of the range cars, but would still like to try a drive on a track, I know I would.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 08:32 (Ref:1180803)   #23
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Call my Name
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would I use my road car on the track......?

That really is very funny.............

(ATM I own a Daewoo.......... )
Old 17 Dec 2004, 11:17 (Ref:1181753)   #24
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm looking at buying a Daewoo Nexia at the moment.... basically an Astra Mk2, so a whole load of track potenial.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 12:27 (Ref:1181798)   #25
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Call my Name
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had one of those Garry, before my current Daewoo. Very dull indeed. I've had three now over the last 9 years and, whatever I might say about them (they're all very dull), I have had 9 years of completely trouble-free driving from A to B. But I'll be looking for something different at last in the new year.

Edit - actually, it wasn't a Nexia - it was a Nubira. The Nexia is one of the original (nee Astra model, as you say) Daewoos - came out at the same time as the much nicer Espero - my first Daewoo.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 17 Dec 2004 at 12:29.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 12:57 (Ref:1182523)   #26
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, the reason why I want one is that most, if not all, Astra Mk2 tuning goodies like suspension, brakes etc are interchangable with the Nexia. Plus its cheaper to run and insure than the equivalent Astra.
Old 28 Dec 2004, 13:28 (Ref:1188813)   #27
MagnetON
Royalridge Computing
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON is going for a new world record!MagnetON is going for a new world record!MagnetON is going for a new world record!MagnetON is going for a new world record!MagnetON is going for a new world record!MagnetON is going for a new world record!MagnetON is going for a new world record!MagnetON is going for a new world record!
Slightly tangential to the topic but I have used my road car twice as the "fast response" medical car for bike races at Mondello. Bog standard 1.6 Laguna with the addition of a green light bar, two medics and a doctor... lol

I've been promised the drive of one of the British Superbikes Audi med cars for 2005....
Old 15 Jan 2005, 23:47 (Ref:1201874)   #28
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've only done one track in my MGB, and whilst I had great fun I was very conscious it was a long walk home if I pranged it. Would I do it again? flippin right I would, but there's that nag in the back of my mind all the time.............
I can't afford towrite it off, neither can I afford a track day car, so I have little choice except to be careful and hope all the other drivers are too.