Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Mar 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3812109)   #3526
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmD Tuning View Post
Wonder if any of the posters on here, who seemed to go out of there way to criticise our BTCC MG programme over the winter, will have the balls to say something positive now that we've presented well prepared cars, good drivers and Top 10 pace? Doubt it.
I was critical at first, but so far it's certainly exceeded my expectations - massive props for all the work over the winter for turning them around. The cars look better than they've done for years and hopefully that testing pace will be met with race pace.

In such a competitive field it's easier to pick out the weaker cars rather than the strong ones, but you've definitely proved us all wrong so far and we wish you the best this year!
Old 31 Mar 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3812112)   #3527
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Wonder if any of the posters on here, who seemed to go out of there way to criticise our BTCC MG programme over the winter, will have the balls to say something positive now that we've presented well prepared cars, good drivers and Top 10 pace? Doubt it.

We can't guarantee the results but I suppose if it was easy everyone would be doing it?!

Cheers Shaun
Based on what has shown so far you're far far closer to the front than I anticipated. Certainly my thoughts on hearing you were running them were mostly of the "not those knackered old sheds again - waste of a grid slot". Speaking for myself only - but I guess others are/were of the same mindset:

1) the performance of the MGs under Scotts stewardship was dire.
2) the damage inflicted on them was known to be extensive.
3) the drivers - certainly ATS in my eyes - were known good.
4) JP had viewed further development potential as limited as far back as mid 2014.
5) I still think of AmD (probably very wrongly admittedly) as being a little minnow, granted Oli's results were punching well above weight at times.
6) The above factors plus double the motors to run per weekend led me to think the MGs would be making the numbers up in a repeat of last year.

Motorsport is dufficult, expensive and unpredictable at club level, never mind a national series such as BTCC. Hoping now to see some genuine race pace on the back of testing; the big problem wuth BTCC of course is the size of grids and kamikaze driving of some inflicting damage... surviving a round unscathed is a challenge in itself! But that's a challenge for all bar the first few rows.

I'm still expecting OJ in his Audi to be your biggest points scorer... I rate him as your best driver and I believe the Audi has untapped potential.

Good luck!

Pete
Old 31 Mar 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3812116)   #3528
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

We can't guarantee the results but I suppose if it was easy everyone would be doing it?!

Cheers Shaun
Shaun,

I can fully understand you being defensive - but looking back through the thread I can't find a significant amount of criticism in your direction.

A lot of people questioning if the MGs can get results, but that is based on age and previous results of the cars, not your team's ability. If anything, I would suggest the general tone would be towards a hopeful of good results.

On my own part - I look forward to seeing them up at the front end (but not too far that they are ahead of Dynamics ).

Wishing you all the best for the season ahead.
Old 1 Apr 2018, 07:14 (Ref:3812204)   #3529
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Cheers Shaun
The only criticism I have at this stage is that you've missed a trick with the livery. One car should have been the inverse of the other. At media day on the outside of the track all we saw was AutoAid, meaning RCIB got no exposure at all. As the spectators are on the outside of most of the tracks the BTCC, one of your sponsors is getting less visibility than they bargained for!
Old 1 Apr 2018, 08:31 (Ref:3812211)   #3530
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
The only criticism I have at this stage is that you've missed a trick with the livery. One car should have been the inverse of the other. At media day on the outside of the track all we saw was AutoAid, meaning RCIB got no exposure at all. As the spectators are on the outside of most of the tracks the BTCC, one of your sponsors is getting less visibility than they bargained for!
Maybe they are paying less?
Old 1 Apr 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3812216)   #3531
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Or maybe they are the same company...
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:25 (Ref:3812220)   #3532
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
all we saw was AutoAid, meaning RCIB got no exposure at all.
'AutoAid is arranged and administered by Right Choice Insurance Brokers Limited'
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:43 (Ref:3812223)   #3533
AmD Tuning
Rookie

AmD Tuning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
I was critical at first, but so far it's certainly exceeded my expectations - massive props for all the work over the winter for turning them around. The cars look better than they've done for years and hopefully that testing pace will be met with race pace.

In such a competitive field it's easier to pick out the weaker cars rather than the strong ones, but you've definitely proved us all wrong so far and we wish you the best this year!
Thanks and most importantly I'm embarrassed to have typed "there" rather than "their" 😊
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:47 (Ref:3812226)   #3534
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Based on what has shown so far you're far far closer to the front than I anticipated. Certainly my thoughts on hearing you were running them were mostly of the "not those knackered old sheds again - waste of a grid slot". Speaking for myself only - but I guess others are/were of the same mindset:

1) the performance of the MGs under Scotts stewardship was dire.
2) the damage inflicted on them was known to be extensive.
3) the drivers - certainly ATS in my eyes - were known good.
4) JP had viewed further development potential as limited as far back as mid 2014.
5) I still think of AmD (probably very wrongly admittedly) as being a little minnow, granted Oli's results were punching well above weight at times.
6) The above factors plus double the motors to run per weekend led me to think the MGs would be making the numbers up in a repeat of last year.

Motorsport is dufficult, expensive and unpredictable at club level, never mind a national series such as BTCC. Hoping now to see some genuine race pace on the back of testing; the big problem wuth BTCC of course is the size of grids and kamikaze driving of some inflicting damage... surviving a round unscathed is a challenge in itself! But that's a challenge for all bar the first few rows.

I'm still expecting OJ in his Audi to be your biggest points scorer... I rate him as your best driver and I believe the Audi has untapped potential.

Good luck!

Pete
Hi Pete, thanks for your constructive reply.

I would still rate us as being a "minnow" to be honest but we're a fish with fire in its belly!! 😀👍🏁
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3812228)   #3535
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Shaun,

I can fully understand you being defensive - but looking back through the thread I can't find a significant amount of criticism in your direction.

A lot of people questioning if the MGs can get results, but that is based on age and previous results of the cars, not your team's ability. If anything, I would suggest the general tone would be towards a hopeful of good results.

On my own part - I look forward to seeing them up at the front end (but not too far that they are ahead of Dynamics ).

Wishing you all the best for the season ahead.
Thanks Malcolm. There were definitely a few comments that were below the belt but appreciate your input!
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3812229)   #3536
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done on getting the MGs into the top ten Shaun, what else will you have in store for us this season?
Old 1 Apr 2018, 09:51 (Ref:3812233)   #3537
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Hi, RCIB Insurance and Auto Aid are owned by the same company and it was RCIB's idea for the split livery designed by Joyce Design.

It was initially going to be inverted but logistically it would have meant 50% more panels so we went with this option.
Cheers Shaun
Old 1 Apr 2018, 10:00 (Ref:3812238)   #3538
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hi, RCIB Insurance and Auto Aid are owned by the same company and it was RCIB's idea for the split livery designed by Joyce Design.

It was initially going to be inverted but logistically it would have meant 50% more panels so we went with this option.
Cheers Shaun
A sensible solution considering how 'physical' it can be it BTCC.
Old 1 Apr 2018, 10:03 (Ref:3812239)   #3539
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well done on getting the MGs into the top ten Shaun, what else will you have in store for us this season?
On track we have been working flat out to make our planned tests with the Audis and Media Day with both the MG's and Audis.

We managed to get one MG on track prior to Media Day which was a bonus.

As well as running 4 cars we have also carried out more pre season testing than we've ever managed in the last 8 seasons!

We now have to use the data collected to ensure we continue our pre season pace.

The cars are being prepped ready for Brands and the start of what promises to be the most competitive race series in the world!
Old 1 Apr 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3812250)   #3540
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Cheers Shaun
I for one would like to see the MG do ok, they are old and have had some crappy years of neglect but it looks like AMD have galvanized around them a little the cars look amazing this year and should be consistent point scorers at least.
I had you down to rescue Mat Jackson from obscurity to have a proven front runner in the car, did you get close to a deal or as suggested a few times was it never on the table?
Old 1 Apr 2018, 10:55 (Ref:3812257)   #3541
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Cheers Shaun
I can't argue with that. Fingers crossed you won't be needing the spare panels anyway
Old 1 Apr 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3812258)   #3542
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
I can't argue with that. Fingers crossed you won't be needing the spare panels anyway
Unfortunately "spare panels" is the name of the game! 😊
Old 1 Apr 2018, 12:06 (Ref:3812273)   #3543
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shaun has there been any measures againt the boxers and RWD in general ? so you FWD guys actually have a chance
Old 1 Apr 2018, 13:00 (Ref:3812291)   #3544
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Unfortunately "spare panels" is the name of the game! 😊
Either that or spiked hub cabs like on Roman chariots! 😁
Old 2 Apr 2018, 06:45 (Ref:3812418)   #3545
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Shaun has there been any measures againt the boxers and RWD in general ? so you FWD guys actually have a chance
RWD has a 30kg weight penalty this season and I believe there is something else for the Subarus although don't think it's been announced yet?
Old 2 Apr 2018, 06:47 (Ref:3812420)   #3546
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Either that or spiked hub cabs like on Roman chariots! 😁
I thought they were already being run with the amount of doors we went through last year?! 😳
Old 2 Apr 2018, 06:51 (Ref:3812421)   #3547
AmD Tuning
Rookie

Quote:
RWD has a 30kg weight penalty this season and I believe there is something else for the Subarus although don't think it's been announced yet?
Having said that RWD does have an advantage, especially at Croft and Knockhill, but if you removed Sutton and Turkington from the equation you wouldn't have such a difference?

Maybe Ash and Colin should be made to eat doughnuts all winter?! 😊
Old 2 Apr 2018, 07:23 (Ref:3812423)   #3548
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Having said that RWD does have an advantage, especially at Croft and Knockhill, but if you removed Sutton and Turkington from the equation you wouldn't have such a difference?
Exactly.

I think the calendar needs shuffled around a bit, it's always a bit too rwd-friendly in the middle with Oulton, Croft and Knockhill.
Old 2 Apr 2018, 07:52 (Ref:3812428)   #3549
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Exactly.

I think the calendar needs shuffled around a bit, it's always a bit too rwd-friendly in the middle with Oulton, Croft and Knockhill.
Yeah I always thought that, they could do with Thruxton and say Silverstone in between to mix up the ‘strong’ circuits for either drivetrain. It might stop some of the whining and whinging from various parties too!
Old 2 Apr 2018, 09:37 (Ref:3812442)   #3550
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad to see you acknowledge that Ash and Colin aren't only doing well because of RWD and that both are top tin top drivers