Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Jan 2016, 22:38 (Ref:3608562)   #26
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cobelfret have 3 sailings a day from Purfleet to Zeebrugge but not sure if they accept non-freight traffic. Just checked their website which doesn't give much away!
Old 29 Jan 2016, 07:52 (Ref:3608981)   #27
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think I will just stick to Croft this year!! seems a lot of hassle for cleaner bogs and better food

N.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 14:55 (Ref:3609043)   #28
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
We used to have to reverse artics onto most ferries in the 70s as the majority only loaded from one end. I'd love to see some of the current crop of today's truck drivers do it now.
Was actually quite surprised when in Tenerife to watch the artics backing onto the Gomera ferry at Los Cristianos......they had to reverse round 180 degrees before going up the ramp - which was steep enough to cause the odd "grounding" issue for trailers with a long overhang and a deep under-run bar....
Old 29 Jan 2016, 17:47 (Ref:3609090)   #29
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I once had to reverse a 16 tonner onto a ferry (in Greece I think, might have been Italy) over a ramp made out of sleepers which were tied to the side & the truck remained perched across the boat with a chain front & rear just in case
Old 29 Jan 2016, 18:25 (Ref:3609100)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pa! Tell the kids o' today that and they'd never believe you!
Old 29 Jan 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3609127)   #31
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few years ago I was on a Speedferries ship & when we arrived in Boulogne the doors flatly refused to open. After much deliberation the decision was eventually made to turn the ship around as the doors at the other end were functioning, but that then entailed all the trucks having to reverse off the ship across a rather narrow ramp in the dark. Those of us in cars up on the mezzanine deck had rather a long wait.

The ship was actually on its first day of service with the company & had spent the previous day undergoing all the requisite tests for certification.
Old 31 Jan 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3610061)   #32
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John, good to hear that you are still around, I hope you are well, it's been a while since we bumped into each other.

Kind regards,

Bob B.
Old 31 Jan 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3610065)   #33
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
John, good to hear that you are still around, I hope you are well, it's been a while since we bumped into each other.

Kind regards,

Bob B.
Hello Bob

I've been a little bit 'off the scene' for a while for reasons I won't go into here but gradually getting back to some semblance of normality.

Hopefully will be at Silverstone Classic, maybe even Int Trophy in May so perhaps bump into you then.

JOHN

Tags
europe, historic motorsport, le mans, nurburgring, spa francorchamps, zandvoort, zolder