Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Sep 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3770531)   #151
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Check out @NHC_Atlantic’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic/sta...581327872?s=09

Weather?
Old 29 Sep 2017, 11:39 (Ref:3770532)   #152
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Check out @NHC_Atlantic’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic/sta...581327872?s=09

Weather?
It's a glitch...

Two fronts moving south through GA will hopefully help keep that south and/or east.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 11:49 (Ref:3770537)   #153
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Current NOAA Hazardous weather alert:

355 AM EDT Fri Sep 29 2017

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for portions of North and Central Georgia.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight...

There is a chance of thunderstorms over northeast and southeast
portions of the area. The primary hazards would be lightning and
heavy rain, with gusty winds possible.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Saturday through Thursday...

Slightly increased rain chances through next week, but at this
time no thunderstorms are anticipated.

It wouldn't be Petit without the constant changes to the forecasts and at least a little rain
Old 29 Sep 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3770539)   #154
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Current NOAA Hazardous weather alert:

355 AM EDT Fri Sep 29 2017

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for portions of North and Central Georgia.

.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight...

There is a chance of thunderstorms over northeast and southeast
portions of the area. The primary hazards would be lightning and
heavy rain, with gusty winds possible.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Saturday through Thursday...

Slightly increased rain chances through next week, but at this
time no thunderstorms are anticipated.

It wouldn't be Petit without the constant changes to the forecasts and at least a little rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It's a glitch...

Two fronts moving south through GA will hopefully help keep that south and/or east.
Yes, and good thing Field is bringing the hay bales!
Old 29 Sep 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3770541)   #155
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And for those who prefer another:

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Sep 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3770561)   #156
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
And for those who prefer another:

Well that looks like perfect weather!
Old 29 Sep 2017, 16:07 (Ref:3770594)   #157
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I concur. Please let that forecast hold.

Hope the Road ATL PLM budget has Water Trucks....
Old 29 Sep 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3770622)   #158
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I concur. Please let that forecast hold.

Hope the Road ATL PLM budget has Water Trucks....
Sorry, they don't now, they've used it to 'pave' our road
Old 30 Sep 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3770724)   #159
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Sorry, they don't now, they've used it to 'pave' our road
Ooo. They paved our street?
Old 30 Sep 2017, 14:38 (Ref:3770735)   #160
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Ooo. They paved our street?
Well paved is generous but think they spread the extra

Old 30 Sep 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3770738)   #161
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

Looks like the grass is doing pretty good.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 16:33 (Ref:3770760)   #162
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It was a couple weeks ago, with new permanent mounts for real fencing

Old 30 Sep 2017, 19:43 (Ref:3770792)   #163
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Oh nice! That'll help with dust fo sho
Old 1 Oct 2017, 23:41 (Ref:3771126)   #164
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've officially got the 'itis' pretty bad.
I'll be at work physically on Monday and Tuesday. That's the most I can say.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 23:58 (Ref:3771130)   #165
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I've officially got the 'itis' pretty bad.
I'll be at work physically on Monday and Tuesday. That's the most I can say.
Me too, packing gear and buying food today pretty much out me over the edge. Then I went to an Oktoberfest party with the local homebrew Club where the entire menu consisted of meat cabbage and beer so yeah I'm pretty much ready
Old 2 Oct 2017, 01:12 (Ref:3771133)   #166
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, working on my list myself. Half day tomorrow, load the truck and up to the track Tuesday to claim our space. Plus today here was 70, sunny and low humidity, would have been a GREAT race day

And the gf made a batch of cookies just to send some up to the track with me. And a peach coffee cake out of the freezer. And my brisket for anyone dedicated enough to arrive on Wed.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 01:17 (Ref:3771134)   #167
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Yeah, working on my list myself. Half day tomorrow, load the truck and up to the track Tuesday to claim our space. Plus today here was 70, sunny and low humidity, would have been a GREAT race day
Will you try and save me a tent spot under the oak again please? If you do I'll get you into the Mazda hospitality I'll probably roll in around dusk Wednesday. I'm leaving here about 7am central, then have to swing by the ATL airport to pick up my brother. Then fight traffic and all that jazz.

I'll be bringing boudin, and maybe an additional sausage or two. Do you want me to bring anything else?
Old 2 Oct 2017, 01:43 (Ref:3771143)   #168
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Will you try and save me a tent spot under the oak again please? If you do I'll get you into the Mazda hospitality I'll probably roll in around dusk Wednesday. I'm leaving here about 7am central, then have to swing by the ATL airport to pick up my brother. Then fight traffic and all that jazz.

I'll be bringing boudin, and maybe an additional sausage or two. Do you want me to bring anything else?
I'll save it for ya but it might be with a hair cut stand
Old 2 Oct 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3771145)   #169
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I'll save it for ya but it might be with a hair cut stand
I'm slightly worried about the # of haircut stops I might need on the ride up. I've been good the last couple of years, but my diet lately......
Old 2 Oct 2017, 01:50 (Ref:3771147)   #170
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
So no Taco Bell on the road I'm guessing?
Old 2 Oct 2017, 01:51 (Ref:3771148)   #171
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Reminds me that the Florida contingent of our group will be stopping by Carrol's Sausage on the way up.
For those that take I75 down to Sebring...If you don't know this place, it's a life changer.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Oct 2017, 01:58 (Ref:3771150)   #172
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Not even stopping at an exit with one.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 02:23 (Ref:3771154)   #173
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's the old ripped up asphalt. One of many forms of "crusher run" which I believe they call road stone where you're from.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 02:42 (Ref:3771157)   #174
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been toiling away with race preparations this weekend, which will continue tomorrow. For the first time in my life I have taken a full week off!
Old 2 Oct 2017, 03:10 (Ref:3771160)   #175
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I've been toiling away with race preparations this weekend, which will continue tomorrow. For the first time in my life I have taken a full week off!
You are super lucky! I've got some work shot to do the next two days, but really that takes backseat to the rest of my race prep. I might have to leave work tomorrow for a "meeting" to get **** done. Don't tell my boss.