Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Feb 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3883757)   #3701
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The number of bitter and twisted people on social media is hilarious. They just don't understand the mechanics of motorsport! Just because he hasn't got Jack Goffs tidy little beard.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 10:45 (Ref:3883762)   #3702
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The number of bitter and twisted people on social media is hilarious. They just don't understand the mechanics of motorsport! Just because he hasn't got Jack Goffs tidy little beard.
Oh god I know... must've seen at least 100 different 'why hasn't Jack been signed yet' tweets this off-season

Gets worse when some write 'how has this person been signed and not Jack' on another driver's announcement...

Unfortunately I think he will miss out this year. I can only really see BMR as an option, and with their apparent lack of money I don't think that'll work out for him either.
Speaking of BMR, still literally zero news. Do we actually know if Subaru are continuing manufacturer support?
Old 13 Feb 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3883763)   #3703
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah but what's happening with Rob Austin and Sherman?
Old 13 Feb 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3883765)   #3704
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Clearly haven't given enough clues...

This person hasn't raced for a while
The last race he did was in a sportscar championship
He was born in London
He's done some TV work
He's old enough to be Jake Hill's dad

That must give it away
Who did you think it was then?

Billy’s last few races being in saloons...
Old 13 Feb 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3883768)   #3705
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This sort of stuff is hilarious.

Old 13 Feb 2019, 11:17 (Ref:3883772)   #3706
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Unfortunately we will see some big names miss out this year, thats now a given.
I dont think there will be any place for Cook, Goff, Austin, Jackson or Collard (either of them) and a lot of popular drivers in lower series appear short on budget. so although I know how motorsport works in that you need to put a package together to be attractive to a team, I can completely understand there are a lot of fans who will feel disapointed the driver they have cheered on for so many years will not be there
Old 13 Feb 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3883774)   #3707
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.robaustin.co.uk/body-repa...for-hms-racing

... bit odd they are still aquiring new sponsors even tho they are only testing this year, what audience are "24hr solutions" hoping to reach? :-/
Old 13 Feb 2019, 12:58 (Ref:3883801)   #3708
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

driver boners like that example make you feel sorry for the guy in question, don’t they?

don’t know what to think about the return of blundell, nor what to expect. classic btcc move in that respect!
Old 13 Feb 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3883810)   #3709
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Do we actually know if Subaru are continuing manufacturer support?
Some breadcrumbs I believe.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3883812)   #3710
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
http://www.robaustin.co.uk/body-repa...for-hms-racing

... bit odd they are still aquiring new sponsors even tho they are only testing this year, what audience are "24hr solutions" hoping to reach? :-/
They’re not expecting to reach any audience, sponsorship has never been about tv coverage, it’s all about corporate/hospitality days. Sponsoring someone who isn’t racing but has a current spec BTCC car is attractive to some people because HMS/Austin will still be able to provide days out and passenger rides for the sponsor.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3883815)   #3711
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was that announcement the main surprise? Is there any more do we know?

Good to have Blundell, I doubt he'll be scoring many points especially as that Audi has shown zero pace ever. But he's a professional motorsport man and a decent bloke.

Shame it looks like we will be without a few familiar faces, who were genuinely fast talented drivers but that's how it goes, money is everything and btcc is a business for teams, not just fun.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:08 (Ref:3883823)   #3712
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

LOL

The whole Partis family have been sticking the boot in to all the 'chequebook racers'.

I wonder what it would've been like in the 90s with social media, there are some real cretins follow BTCC.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3883830)   #3713
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
LOL

The whole Partis family have been sticking the boot in to all the 'chequebook racers'.

I wonder what it would've been like in the 90s with social media, there are some real cretins follow BTCC.
they're not cretins, they just have a different view of motorsport, one that seems to apply the rules of merit-based sports on something that's far more complex. i think we were all like that before we disappeared down the rabbit hole and started to see and understand the realities of the sport. once many people have seen and understood that side of it they find it quite difficult to enjoy the sport in the same way, so it's not always a good place for fans to go.

you can still watch and enjoy the sport without going down the rabbit hole.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3883832)   #3714
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Let it be made clear, I didn't insult this family, I just found their comments amusing.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3883833)   #3715
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
LOL

At least they are showing a bit of passion in their view! Everyone has different views, I wouldnt say anyone is a "cretin" because of the way they feel about an issue of driver lineups, they simply want to see the best drivers race.

I have had my own views on certain drivers but I respect not many agree with me, and I do wish that driver all the best for the year, but does that make me one too? (you dont need to all answer that at once!)

Please lets not get to insulting families just because they want to see their favorite driver race
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3883834)   #3716
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It is a shame we might be losing a few talented names, but we must remember how lucky we’ve been the last couple of seasons with so many talented drivers on the grid. I’m sure the racing will still be very close throughout the grid
Old 13 Feb 2019, 14:57 (Ref:3883848)   #3717
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Cant wait for you to show up with your team and top draw drivers and show us
Old 13 Feb 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3883868)   #3718
Rob877
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
they're not cretins, they just have a different view of motorsport, one that seems to apply the rules of merit-based sports on something that's far more complex. i think we were all like that before we disappeared down the rabbit hole and started to see and understand the realities of the sport. once many people have seen and understood that side of it they find it quite difficult to enjoy the sport in the same way, so it's not always a good place for fans to go.

you can still watch and enjoy the sport without going down the rabbit hole.
Their view is not different, it's completely wrong. Just because their favourite driver might not be racing they decide to openly insult people who have probably sweated blood all winter to try and put themselves a deal together to live their dream.

It doesn't exactly look good to potential and current sponsors if they have a look at the comments on social media under the announcement of a new driver to the series, and all they see is abuse for people who have been able to make it happen for themselves.

They are cretins
Old 13 Feb 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3883880)   #3719
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll say it again, in case people didn't get it last time: play the ball, not the player.

Keep the standards up, chaps. This isn't a cesspit like some other forums.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 17:04 (Ref:3883882)   #3720
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Their view is not different, it's completely wrong. Just because their favourite driver might not be racing they decide to openly insult people who have probably sweated blood all winter to try and put themselves a deal together to live their dream.

It doesn't exactly look good to potential and current sponsors if they have a look at the comments on social media under the announcement of a new driver to the series, and all they see is abuse for people who have been able to make it happen for themselves.

They are cretins

As opposed to those who openly insult people who have a reasonable viewpoint you might disagree with
Old 13 Feb 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3883891)   #3721
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'll say it again, in case people didn't get it last time: play the ball, not the player.

Keep the standards up, chaps. This isn't a cesspit like some other forums.
Well said that man.

Now we need to get back to idly speculating what JPs red squiggle is, if the Cookie Monster is coming back and, indeed, who is Hong Kong Phooey?
Old 13 Feb 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3883892)   #3722
Rob877
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
As opposed to those who openly insult people who have a reasonable viewpoint you might disagree with
Look, I don't want this thread to turn in to a slanging match. I guess I shouldn't have been so flippant in the way I expressed my exasperation at a lot of comments that I've see this week.

My wider point is that I find it quite sad that wholly uninformed people can just trash hardworking, inspiring (at least to me) individuals. I guess it's the age we live in.

I would probably agree that there is going to be a slight drop in quality on the grid this year. But everyone who is there, deserves to be there as they have done what is required to get themselves on the grid. Good on them, I would do the same in their position.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3883896)   #3723
Gogsbtcc77
Rookie

Gogsbtcc77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Austin will now compete in the Dunlop touring car trophy in the alfa now they have sponsors on board
Old 13 Feb 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3883899)   #3724
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogsbtcc77 View Post
Rob Austin will now compete in the Dunlop touring car trophy in the alfa now they have sponsors on board
Not according to their recently issued press release. He will be testing the car, no mention of racing it.

BTW That really should be in the TCT thread, as it's not BTCC related.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3883905)   #3725
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Well said that man.

Now we need to get back to idly speculating what JPs red squiggle is, if the Cookie Monster is coming back and, indeed, who is Hong Kong Phooey?
A) It's part of a logo
B) Yes
C) The janitor