Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will replace Bairdo in the main series seat at TKR in 2005?
Andy Booth 1 1.23%
Fabian Coulthard 11 13.58%
John McIntyre 2 2.47%
Alan Gurr 14 17.28%
Matt Halliday 2 2.47%
Andrew Jones 1 1.23%
Mark Porter 20 24.69%
Paul Radisich 19 23.46%
Jason Richards 1 1.23%
Simon Wills 2 2.47%
Alex Yoong 4 4.94%
Anybody else? 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Sep 2004, 08:57 (Ref:1110956)   #1
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whos inline for Bairdos gig at TKR ??????

Who do you guys think will get the gig at TKR now Bairdos gone?
Porter?
Old 30 Sep 2004, 09:17 (Ref:1110971)   #2
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All depends on who can bring some money i would think. Porter apparently has access to some of that.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 09:34 (Ref:1110981)   #3
105octane
Veteran

I heard it wasnt going to come down to that and that they wanted someone who could step up to the plate.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1111010)   #4
TKR#1
Rookie

New Zealand
TKR#1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's true that he is going (and here is the only place I have seen/heard anything) the let one "Rat" replace another rat.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:16 (Ref:1111021)   #5
105octane
Veteran

Well it would be in keeping with tradition he is a kiwi TKR#1 eh!
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1111027)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I doubt Mr Radisich would want a deal like that.... all depends on his opinion of himself I would expect...

I understand that Mr Porter's plan was to continue in V8Lites in 2005, with 2 PMM Aurora-equipped chassis making their way to the TKR workshops, one for Lites, one for main series.

There are plenty of Kiwis around ably able to fill the gig...

...Mr S.Wills, Mr F.Coulthard, Mr D.Gaunt, Mr A.Booth, Mr J.McIntyre, Mr M.Halliday... to name but a few...

Maybe WPS could execute a straight swap... Bairdo for McIntyre?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:40 (Ref:1111056)   #7
105octane
Veteran

Lets think outside the square GTR. Bairdo for Yoong.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:42 (Ref:1111062)   #8
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't McIntyre leave TKR citing that he wasn't going to get anywhere by staying there?
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:47 (Ref:1111071)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by 105octane
Lets think outside the square GTR. Bairdo for Yoong.
The thinking is interesting, but Mr Yoong is not a Kiwi...

And given the strategic wonderment that seems to be WPS Racing these days, would they really have their act together to execute a driver swap of mutual convenience?
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:57 (Ref:1111089)   #10
105octane
Veteran

With the amount of Asians i saw in NZ recently he could very well be a Kiwi GTR.

Last edited by 105octane; 30 Sep 2004 at 10:58.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:03 (Ref:1111097)   #11
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Damn.......After skipping over several dozen articles and news bites in AA and other (inc. here) informative avenues, All setting out the latest WPS mixes and matches and musings, I now find that I have to backtrack to see just what has been going on with WPS. Seems that they have enlisted EVERY single V8 Superdooper car Driver and are holding them all in readiness for the 2005 season. Its A job keepin' up with it all. I heard that they have signed Montoya as well..........Really.............
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:09 (Ref:1111100)   #12
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GTR: You link some interesting names to the TKR drive. In particular, there are four unlikely names in there....

1) Simon Wills: Unless you know something we don't about Dynamik....?

2) Fabian Coulthard: In the running for the 2nd Tasman seat according to what he seems to be telling people in NZ. How the 2nd Tasman seat will run is interesting...too.

3) Andy Booth: Usually like a moth to the flame, but given past differences and his close association with Wayne Anderson and the Orix Team in the NZ V8 Touring Car Series, combined with the lack of PR skill in the Anderson/Booth departure.....let's just say the cheque would have to be HUGE.

4) John McIntyre: Another under-rated driver who could go a long way given a chance, but has previously run at TKR. Word is not again, but never say never

And, last but not least, never discount Mark Porter. For him, it would be a dream come true and would make for interesting watching in a car that is largely sorted.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:28 (Ref:1111119)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I missed one... Jonny Reid is ably supported by Mr Giltrap's motoring empire in F3000 in Europe...
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:31 (Ref:1111124)   #14
105octane
Veteran

I dont think Giltraps involvement with Johnny Reid would be a very substantial one either GTR.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:31 (Ref:1111125)   #15
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why cant these guys keep it together?Is it just lack of funds or is there something wrong within.It is a constant turnover of drivers in both countries.Why??
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:37 (Ref:1111132)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
TKR takes pride in its efficiency, for doing more with less.

Presumably that means there arent loads of extra dollars to keep drivers in a manner to which they would enjoy becoming accustomed..... and a serious offer from someone like Gorey, who appears to have made some colourful decisions about the team in recent times, why wouldnt the driver want to go....

As someone related to me recently, a team with lots of money and no idea how to spend it well can be fixed for the better. A team with an adequate but not affluent budget does as well as they can with what they have....

Meantime I am betting the NZ mess is due in no small part to the Holden NZ silliness over the Hyundai Construction Equipment sponsorship of the Supercar....
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1111138)   #17
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GTR: That won't be huge backing. The Reid family have deep pockets, it seems, which is fine. Johnny has bigger plans at this stage it seems.

Last edited by Just Do It!; 30 Sep 2004 at 11:41.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:43 (Ref:1111141)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Didnt Bernie Gillion sign on as a TKR team sponsor... maybe he can trade in the TransAm for a Commodore?
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:46 (Ref:1111149)   #19
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah probably is lack of funding.I dont think NZ had anything to do with Holden as their local support for the series is minimal at best.I have no doubt it affects the Aussie campaign though.Its a shame for the team.I certainly am not a fan but there is no doubting there is a huge following been built up in NZ and its a shame that they keep struggling particularly after achieving some pretty good milestones this year.I guess its back to the drawing board.Wont be a problem finding a talented kiwi driver and hopefuly they can continue to attract more corporate $.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 12:01 (Ref:1111164)   #20
105octane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Do It!
GTR: That won't be huge backing. The Reid family have deep pockets, it seems, which is fine. Johnny has bigger plans at this stage it seems.
Probably bigger than daddy's pockets too. You are in a different world over in Europe and some of those guys would have the Reid empire for breakfast. I hope Johnny can pull it off but i think you might see him back over this part of the world next year looking for a gig in Super taxis just like the likes of the Davisons the Courtneys the Coulthards and probably the Powers, all of which who were running in far more highly regarded championships and doing just as well.Unfortunatly its just how it seems to be and the strength of our dollar is the main culprit in all of this not the talent factor.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 12:05 (Ref:1111170)   #21
Just Do It!
Veteran

I wouldnt want to bet either way.

The Reid empire is currently riding a construction boom here...
Old 30 Sep 2004, 12:17 (Ref:1111181)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Here's me wondering if Mr Gurr is a Kiwi?
Old 30 Sep 2004, 12:24 (Ref:1111190)   #23
Just Do It!
Veteran

That is a good one, GTR.

It makes you wonder who will get it though.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 12:25 (Ref:1111193)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Methinks it wont be a happy pit garage at Bathurst
Old 30 Sep 2004, 13:09 (Ref:1111245)   #25
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this were to develope into a poo fight would Bairdo see out the rest of THIS season if a suitable replacement could be found.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!