Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Jul 2016, 15:50 (Ref:3662094)   #26
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Saturday's race time is 4:35pm Eastern. Sunday’s race is at 11:15a. The complete PWC schedule for the weekend is available here.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 16:28 (Ref:3662118)   #27
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WAY TO GO CINDRIC!
#6 P1, #9 P2!
Old 30 Jul 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3662120)   #28
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Johnny O and Cooper clear back in 9th and 10th. Pat Long is all the way back in 13th. Big Championship implications.

Less than a second between top 13 cars!
Old 30 Jul 2016, 16:39 (Ref:3662121)   #29
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Yes, it’s Eastern Time. Not even at the dividing point really, as most of Michigan and Indiana are also in the Eastern Time Zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Saturday's race time is 4:35pm Eastern. Sunday’s race is at 11:15a. The complete PWC schedule for the weekend is available here.
Thanks guys, alarm set!
Old 30 Jul 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3662134)   #30
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the Maseratis driven by Courtney and Klenin in the GTS race? When I sat down to watch the livestream a few minutes into the race, both were out! Anyone saw the action?
Old 30 Jul 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3662257)   #31
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
What happened to the Maseratis driven by Courtney and Klenin in the GTS race? When I sat down to watch the livestream a few minutes into the race, both were out! Anyone saw the action?
Sandberg and Buford had very slow starts from the front of the field. Courtney had a good run on Bufords car, but ended up running out of racing room, ending the race for both cars. Klenins car had some sort of suspension failure, possibly from damage earlier in the race.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 20:25 (Ref:3662267)   #32
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
GT race 1 scheduled to start in 10 minutes!
http://world-challenge.com/streamvideo/
Old 30 Jul 2016, 20:28 (Ref:3662269)   #33
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Sandberg and Buford had very slow starts from the front of the field. Courtney had a good run on Bufords car, but ended up running out of racing room, ending the race for both cars. Klenins car had some sort of suspension failure, possibly from damage earlier in the race.
Argh! Would have liked to see the Gran Turismos racing. The GTS season has not gone so well for the Maserati efforts so far, unfortunately...
Old 30 Jul 2016, 20:30 (Ref:3662271)   #34
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
GT race 1 scheduled to start in 10 minutes!
Thanks for the notice
Old 30 Jul 2016, 20:50 (Ref:3662283)   #35
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I ... I don't even need to say it, do I?
Old 30 Jul 2016, 20:55 (Ref:3662287)   #36
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PWC strikes again! Good to see karma finally catch up to James Davidson and his over aggressive standards.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 21:05 (Ref:3662294)   #37
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I ... I don't even need to say it, do I?
Yeah, I was going to start ranting about the length of the SC but why should anyone who's followed this series be surprised at this point.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 21:12 (Ref:3662298)   #38
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep another pwc fcy crash fest from mid Ohio.not eve five clean green laps at once yet.....why do I even bother.....I'm out....
Old 30 Jul 2016, 21:24 (Ref:3662301)   #39
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Those McLaren's are always up front or leading.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 22:36 (Ref:3662325)   #40
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
K-pax/Flying Lizard 1,2!

Old 30 Jul 2016, 22:43 (Ref:3662327)   #41
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxx View Post
Yeah, I was going to start ranting about the length of the SC but why should anyone who's followed this series be surprised at this point.
Mostly the driving standards have been much better this year, but the first half of this race was certainly messy. Yesterdays practice sessions being cancelled probably contributed to the chaos. Also the track looked a bit damp on the livestream. The last half of the race was just fine.
Old 31 Jul 2016, 15:03 (Ref:3662609)   #42
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
K-PAX Racing ‏@KPAXracing 3h3 hours ago Due to heavy damage sustained during yesterday's race to the #13 @McLaren_GT, we have withdrawn the car from today's race. #PWCMO
Old 31 Jul 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3662610)   #43
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Race two set to start in ten minutes.
Old 31 Jul 2016, 15:53 (Ref:3662635)   #44
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Great race compared to yesterday, classic Mid-Ohio fare
Old 31 Jul 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3662651)   #45
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Great race compared to yesterday, classic Mid-Ohio fare
Lots of good green flag action. As a Mclaren fan, I can't help but be hugely disappointed about being cheated out of the battle between the top two and the charging #9 car. I really do appreciate the fact that Preston Calvert is bringing two beautiful Porsche 911 GT3Rs to the series and the fact that He stepped in to help salvage Micheal Lewis's season. but I'm really super frustrated with His lack of awareness in traffic. He completely ruined not only the #9 cars race, but severely damaged its championship points position as well. Whatever the outcome, the battle for the win could have been absolutely epic! Such a shame.

On another note, I'm so glad that the Realtime team is set to switch to the fantastic NSX next season, so we can be rid of the BOPspecial-TLX. It's straight line speed advantage has been a bit ridiculous lately. The NSX should fit in so much better!

OK ...Rant over.
Old 31 Jul 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3662661)   #46
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
When you weigh a lot, you've got a lot of power, so naturally you'll have straight line speed advantage....
Old 31 Jul 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3662683)   #47
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
When you weigh a lot,(and therefore aren't as fast through the corners) you ('re allowed to have) a lot of (EXTRA) power, so naturally you'll (be given a) straight line speed advantage (so you can be in the same performance ballpark with the more naturally capable racecars).....
Fixed it for you.

All joking aside, I like Peter Cunningham and His Realtime team. I even sort of like the big TLX sedan. It's especially impressive in person.
But I do think the NSX GT3 is both a better fit for the class and a ton cooler than this years cars.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 00:39 (Ref:3663140)   #48
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still have to sort through most of my photos from the weekend, but here's a few of the Acura for now:

And one of the #9 KPAX/Lizards Mclaren, just because McLaren:
Old 3 Aug 2016, 23:36 (Ref:3663357)   #49
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some more pics:

Old 4 Aug 2016, 12:53 (Ref:3663417)   #50
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Here's some GTS cars: