Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 May 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1299776)   #51
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Possibly. It depends how quickly I can rouse the other 5 from their slumbers in Paris on Saturday morning. How long does it take to drive from Paris to Le Mans?
Depending your car and your driving abilities, but it took me 2h15 last evening starting from the Champs Elysées without any circulation

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 13 May 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1299785)   #52
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, Ayse, you can make it. More depending of the hour you'll be up in the morning. Try to leave quite early (say 7 or 8am) and you'll be safe... you may lose some time leaving Paris (where do you intend to spend the night ?) and then around the track to join your parking lot...
Old 13 May 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1299889)   #53
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tickets available so it looks like I'm off to my first Le Mans

Don't think I'll make the Saturday meet, but Sunday seems fine.

Off to check Aysedasi's site and his Le Mans survival guide
Old 13 May 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1299945)   #54
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG

Old 13 May 2005, 15:35 (Ref:1300009)   #55
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG

Old 13 May 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1300078)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
(where do you intend to spend the night ?) ...
I have absolutely no idea......

But I'm told we're booked in for hotel and restaurant......

7.00 a.m. for the Tourists? I suspect not. I'm going to have to make sure the Chief Tourist cracks his whip though!
Old 13 May 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1300101)   #57
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I have absolutely no idea...
Mmm... between north and south of Paris, it could make a gap of hour hour...
Old 13 May 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1300112)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh well, I'll just have to try and get them to do their best and trust to luck.......
Old 13 May 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1300124)   #59
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Once, I lost 1h30 to do the last kilometre to the garage blanc ! I was coming from the north-east and it was about half past ten. I suggest to by-pass Le Mans on the A11 motorway to the west and take the N226 then the N23R. You will get on the circuit from the west and avoid the terrible roundabout that you have to negociate if you come from the north-east.
Fab, Gilles ?
Old 13 May 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1300146)   #60
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG

If you are travaling with MRI you should be at the circuit somewhere between 7 and 8am, thats what has happen when I have travelled with them.
Old 13 May 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1300151)   #61
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
Once, I lost 1h30 to do the last kilometre to the garage blanc ! I was coming from the north-east and it was about half past ten. I suggest to by-pass Le Mans on the A11 motorway to the west and take the N226 then the N23R. You will get on the circuit from the west and avoid the terrible roundabout that you have to negociate if you come from the north-east.
Fab, Gilles ?
Agree ! It works quite well when you reach the circuit from Le Mans South... except the very arrival, that could be a bit loaded, but still acceptable... try to not arrive on the spot on the last hurs though...

I'll be there at 8 for sure (if not even earlier !), at white as usual

Last edited by Fab; 16 May 2005 at 04:33.
Old 15 May 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1301814)   #62
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anyone still waiting for camping tickets?

I'm in Beausejour but am on the waiting list for Houx Annex

I'm afraid having to use a courtesy bus takes the edge off it for me (especially on Friday when there arn't any)
Old 16 May 2005, 06:52 (Ref:1301914)   #63
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
Fab, Gilles ?
You're right - Le Mans ZI Sud is the best A11 exit. in fact when you come from Paris (The city not the heiress...) it's the last exit called "le mans"

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 16 May 2005, 08:48 (Ref:1301971)   #64
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Spending the night in Paris" (the heiress, not the city). Seems a great appetiser before the 24 hours !!!!!
Old 16 May 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1302252)   #65
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy
"Spending the night in Paris" (the heiress, not the city). Seems a great appetiser before the 24 hours !!!!!
Not only before the 24 hours
Old 17 May 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1303043)   #66
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have ferry sorted. I will be taking my Subaru down again.
Think i will camp now and buy entry tickets at the gate. This should work - right???
Read up above and the lay-by idea sounds like a go-er.
Thanks all for the advice.
Old 18 May 2005, 07:52 (Ref:1303513)   #67
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Crockett
Is anyone still waiting for camping tickets?

I'm in Beausejour but am on the waiting list for Houx Annex

I'm afraid having to use a courtesy bus takes the edge off it for me (especially on Friday when there arn't any)
Still waiting for mine, but they are coming from Airtrack.
A freind is still waiting for his and they are coming from the ACO!!

Pilgrimage - entry tickets should be easy to get from the gate, we always get ours from one of the entrance gate's
Old 18 May 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1303679)   #68
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am also waiting for my tickets so I send an email to the ACO.

In the replay on may the 16th they said that they are were printing tickets for people who's name starts with an R.
Old 18 May 2005, 11:52 (Ref:1303685)   #69
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Credentials approved; travel arranged; Karting Nord camping pass in negotiation (with an invitation to MB and Houx if that does not work out); work schedule punched up and being initiated.

I will be at the Saturday meeting for sure and will try to make the Friday one as well. I CAN'T WAIT!
Old 18 May 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1303778)   #70
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
Credentials approved; travel arranged; Karting Nord camping pass in negotiation
Phew !
Old 18 May 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1303780)   #71
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by egor
entry tickets should be easy to get from the gate
Yep, they don't limit the number of tickets to the main entrance, no problem.
Old 18 May 2005, 22:48 (Ref:1304150)   #72
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
haggispeed has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anyone any suggestions for other campsites near le Mans ? - I know we won't get a "Lay By" site this late in the day, thinking of camping a few miles away then using the pit bike to get to circuit Could only find one and the are fully booked
Old 19 May 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1304385)   #73
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beausejour Camping passes are still available direct from the ACO. There are also returns coming back now to them so it is well worth giving them a call.

Go to www.lemans.org and follow the links to the ticket office
Old 19 May 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1304913)   #74
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't beleive how quickly its come around this year!!! Must make a diary note to start getting excited!!!
Old 19 May 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1304924)   #75
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just think this time in a month we will all be there.........