Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think will get the second Ferrari seat next season
Rubbens Barrichello 15 33.33%
David Coulthard 0 0%
Mika Hakkinen 1 2.22%
Nick Heidfield 3 6.67%
Filipe Massa 19 42.22%
Giancarlo Fisichela 3 6.67%
Jacques Villeneuve 2 4.44%
Heinz Herald Frenzen 0 0%
Jenson Button 2 4.44%
Luca badoer 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Apr 2002, 01:36 (Ref:252337)   #1
mariov
Racer

mariov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who do you think will get the second Ferrari seat next year

Who do you think will get the second Ferrari seat next season.....and tell us why.....Who you think Barrichelo will keep his seat, or do you think Ferrari will pick someone else.....

Here is a list of all available drivers.....yes available drivers..and no JPM is not part of the list Williams has an option on him for next year and he is not going anywhere else......
Old 5 Apr 2002, 01:57 (Ref:252345)   #2
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Barrichello.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 02:01 (Ref:252349)   #3
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is Mazzacane? He is one of the few remaining options for Toad. There are not many slow drivers left out there.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 02:03 (Ref:252350)   #4
mariov
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing
Where is Mazzacane? He is one of the few remaining options for Toad. There are not many slow drivers left out there.
You are only alowed a maximum of 10 choices...I did not waist my time with filling it up with choices that dont make any sense....
Old 5 Apr 2002, 02:06 (Ref:252354)   #5
mariov
Racer

As for me I think they will pick Filipe Massa...They are going for the fresh face and they are thinking about the after Schumacher years.....

I would love to see Villeneuve in that seat or Fisichela.
If they dont go for Massa they might surprize every one and pick Button or Heidfield
Old 5 Apr 2002, 02:08 (Ref:252356)   #6
BBKing
Veteran

It makes much more sense than to put fast drivers like Hakkinen, Villeneuve, Fisichella and DC. They will not go to Ferrari. They are too fast to be Schumacher's slaves. Toad and Brawn would have to over use their remote control or the 3 wheel strategy to avoid embarrasment.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 02:09 (Ref:252359)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Barrichello will be there next year. Massa is still too inexperienced, and has not proved anything yet, to be given the second seat. Fisichella would be a chance if he wasn't contracted to Jordan. Badoer will never get out of the testing seat.

And why does everyone say Heidfeld might go??? He won't as he's in a solid contract with McLaren-Mercedes and they certainly will not let him go.

Plus he wouldn't do it because I support him
Old 5 Apr 2002, 02:27 (Ref:252371)   #8
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Barrichello could stay next year. If not, Massa is the most probably candidate to take his seat at Ferrari.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 02:34 (Ref:252375)   #9
mariov
Racer

Quote:
It makes much more sense than to put fast drivers like Hakkinen, Villeneuve, Fisichella and DC. They will not go to Ferrari. They are too fast to be Schumacher's slaves. Toad and Brawn would have to over use their remote control or the 3 wheel strategy to avoid embarrasment.
Do you honnestly think that Mazacane would score points in a Ferrari, do you think that that would help Ferrari win the constructors championship...you honnestly want us to agree with you that picking Mazzacane makes senses

Dont hold your breath for anyone to agree with you...it might be a lonnnnnnggggg wait.

Take a driver like DC...next year might be his last, if he is out of McLaren, and he is offered the Ferrari drive, one last year to shine...would he care about team orders....think about it.....

Mazacane more sense
Old 5 Apr 2002, 02:39 (Ref:252381)   #10
mariov
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz

And why does everyone say Heidfeld might go??? He won't as he's in a solid contract with McLaren-Mercedes and they certainly will not let him go.

Plus he wouldn't do it because I support him
Heidfield already mentionned in an interview that next year he is free to pick who he wants to drive for, and that McLaren is no longuer a priority for him. (no wonder after Kimmi)so if McLaren does not negotiate with him this year and offer him the second McLaren seat, he will pick the team that is best for him.....McLaren will have to offer him more then an olive branch for him to lock himself in with them and have them decide his career....
Old 5 Apr 2002, 02:45 (Ref:252385)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Despite what anybody think about Mazzacane, it will be an honour for Argentinians if Ferrari take him, at least as tester
Old 5 Apr 2002, 03:05 (Ref:252393)   #12
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mariov
Heidfield already mentionned in an interview that next year he is free to pick who he wants to drive for, and that McLaren is no longuer a priority for him.
BUT... isn't Nick also contracted to the Mercedes programme itself, while also being linked to McLaren? IMO he'd need the ok of Mercedes themselves to go anywhere else other than McLaren.

Advice to Nick: Get all the money you can plus undisputed number one (over Kimi!) before you go to McLaren!!

However, even though he would have success at Ferrari, personally I don't want to see him being TGFs slave. Also, would Ferrari really want two Germans driving for them?!?!
Old 5 Apr 2002, 03:29 (Ref:252398)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It will be Massa, Rubens will be history. Heidfeld won't be asked for the the reason OzMan has said-there won't be two Germans (TGF & TGF2?) at Ferrari. Count on the importance of a South American in the seat.

I'd guess Massa, though Castro-Neves has said he wants a shot at F1...
Old 5 Apr 2002, 04:07 (Ref:252410)   #14
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Astonishing that the pole results so far is 50/50 between Rubens & Massa. Last year Ferrari did mention that Raikonnen will get a seat in 2003 provided if he still stays for another season with Sauber but the rookie opted for McLaren under Hakinnen's advice. From there we can see that Ruben's contract will definitely expire at the end of this season.

Massa is my bet for the 2nd seat next year.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 05:30 (Ref:252441)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
of the choices above, i went for button! i know that massa is the "obvious candidate" and even though he has scored a point already in his gp career, imo, he hasn't really set the place alight! jenson has got the experience and is once again showing the ability that was so obvious! i'm going to stick my neck out here, button at ferrari next year, then when tgf retires, jpm to ferrari in a straight swap with button going back to his spiritual home (williams), massa joining jpm at ferrari and pizzonia joining jenson!
Old 5 Apr 2002, 07:21 (Ref:252479)   #16
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika!!!!
Old 5 Apr 2002, 08:17 (Ref:252499)   #17
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its between Rubens and Massa. I think Rubens may edge it and Massa will get another years experience.

Actually I don't know!!!!
Old 5 Apr 2002, 14:45 (Ref:252737)   #18
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by mariov

Do you honnestly think that Mazacane would score points in a Ferrari, do you think that that would help Ferrari win the constructors championship...you honnestly want us to agree with you that picking Mazzacane makes senses

Dont hold your breath for anyone to agree with you...it might be a lonnnnnnggggg wait.

Take a driver like DC...next year might be his last, if he is out of McLaren, and he is offered the Ferrari drive, one last year to shine...would he care about team orders....think about it.....

Mazacane more sense
That is the point. Mazzacane would not be a problem for Schumacher and that is what is the most important factor when Toad looks for an slave for him. Irvine, Barrichello. Do you think that Mazzacane would be worse those two? wake up.
....LOL
Old 5 Apr 2002, 14:58 (Ref:252744)   #19
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one single thing.... Massa's first name is Felipe, not Filipe.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 15:00 (Ref:252747)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Irvine, Barrichello. Do you think that Mazzacane would be worse those two?
yes, quite frankly, alot worse!
Old 5 Apr 2002, 17:14 (Ref:252857)   #21
BBKing
Veteran

I don't remember Irvine or Barrichello giving Hakkinen a hard time the way Mazza was able to in Indy 2000. That is with a Minardi. Just think what he would be able to do with a Ferrari that is almost able to drive itself.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 01:40 (Ref:253125)   #22
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be Barrichello, most probably. Felipe is no choice for now, we'll talk about that after he has shown a great season. DC and MS don't get along, how could they ever end up in one team?
Luca Badoer would have the class for the drive and he would deserve the chance more than anyone else. I hopw it will be at least an italian after many years without italian presence in our...well...national racing team. This is an option that is not to underestimate. People finally want an italian on the seat. Fisichella? Why not. We'll see it all early enough.

Best regards,

Julian
Old 6 Apr 2002, 01:45 (Ref:253126)   #23
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
JPM
Old 6 Apr 2002, 01:54 (Ref:253132)   #24
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Michael Schumacher gives his support to Rubens returning for another year at Ferrari then RB will more then likely be back.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 02:25 (Ref:253150)   #25
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valve...no...surely not...it can't be. Juan would never want to sit alongside TGF at Ferrari - they are BIG rivals, he'd never listen to team orders - I just can't see it.

TGF's contract expires at the end of 2004 - so my guess is they'll keep either Barrichello or Burti on for next year (South Americans...), and THEN hire a youngster to partner the Schu in 2004, before he retires.