Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Feb 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3197439)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bentley Driver's Club

Includes FISCAR series
Old 2 Feb 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3198300)   #2
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Pity it clashes with Oldtimers and that has only decent Pre War sports car race this year.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3198460)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Trouble is John, with so much historic racing going on, almost all meetings are going to clash, but I agree that it is very unfortunate that two meetings which include pre war cars are held at the same time, albeit in different countries.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3285352)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list http://www.bdcl.org/pdf/bdc2013el.pdf
Old 9 Aug 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3287679)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We (FISCAR) seem to have a good entry and I'm looking forward to meeting a few of the drivers and also my son, Kev, who is joining me (as a spectator for a change). Should be a good fun meeting. See some of you tomorrow?
Old 9 Aug 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3287687)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
We (FISCAR) seem to have a good entry and I'm looking forward to meeting a few of the drivers and also my son, Kev, who is joining me (as a spectator for a change). Should be a good fun meeting. See some of you tomorrow?
John, where do we meet for the cake cutting?

bob.
Old 9 Aug 2013, 17:57 (Ref:3287688)   #7
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
We will be doing the Paddock Bite for breakfast, wandering the garages and then sat at Luffield. Catch you during the day.
Old 9 Aug 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3287759)   #8
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come and say hello, I shall be working in the shop in Garage O

Bladders..........
Old 10 Aug 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3288074)   #9
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea who won the Fiscar race, not the published results but the team results / handicap results.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3288079)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDB2s View Post
Any idea who won the Fiscar race, not the published results but the team results / handicap results.
Brian Arculus ahead of Spike Milligan, Andy Shepherd, Guest/Adams, Mike Freemen and John Hilbery.
Fine weather, good racing, lot's of fun.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3288084)   #11
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
I already know that Bauble, I'm the Adams part of Guest / Adams RGS Atalanta but FISCAR is funny, you don't get any prizes for winning the race, its a team event & the only thing that matters is the team positions not the race positions, JT will know I hope.

Last edited by FastDB2s; 10 Aug 2013 at 19:45.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3288099)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I already know that Bauble, I'm the Adams part of Guest / Adams RGS Atalanta but FISCAR is funny, you don't get any prizes for winning the race, its a team event & the only thing that matters is the team positions not the race positions, JT will know I hope.
I should have guest.
1st LL
2nd CC
3rd. IA
4th. CC
5th. LL
6th. LL
7th. HH
8th. HH
9th. CC
10th. FF
11th. CC
12th. FF
13th. BB
14th. JJ
15th. IA
16th. BB
17th. IA
18th. IA
19th. JJ

Does that help?

I'll publish pictures tomorrow. rbmapics.com
Old 10 Aug 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3288101)   #13
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Not really, it depends on how Mark Campbell handicapped the teams, how they were made up, etc. Incredibly complicated. Looked at it before and never understood it.
The teams are supposed to be made of a fast car / driver, a medium speed car / driver & a slow car / driver, it depends on all 3 finishing better than their start positions, if one fails to finish it wrecks the teams chances of doing well, however there are always sandbaggers - always will be.

Last edited by FastDB2s; 10 Aug 2013 at 20:39.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3288108)   #14
brands
Veteran

Enjoyed the day, even the Sillystone weather was kind.
Eclectic grids to say the least but some nice tin running.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3288109)   #15
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The first prize went to the mixed team of Jowett Jupiters and Colin Youle's Jag XK120. Second prize to the Healey Hounds comprising of Dixey and Wilmot-Smith 100Ms plus the JWF Italia of Daniel Wood (it is a Healey under the skin). Third prize to the Lotus Legends.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3288111)   #16
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Thanks Brian, not sure how the Lotus Legends team came 3rd though as both Spike & ourselves (CCs) beat both of your other Elites by some margin in the end & finished above our start position but never did understand it.

Also need to see individual laps as then can see who did their best laps & laps with positions of cars on it. BDC are normally hopelessly slow at putting this info up.

Last edited by FastDB2s; 10 Aug 2013 at 21:11.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3288120)   #17
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
.........Also need to see individual laps as then can see who did their best laps & laps with positions of cars on it. BDC are normally hopelessly slow at putting this info up.
Don't know if it helps but details are on the TSL Timing pages including lap analysis. May give you the information you need?

http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=club&...eventid=133291
Old 10 Aug 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3288124)   #18
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Thanks Gary, it would if my computer hadn't decided it had a problem with Adobe Acrobat & could open it - last year we waited a week or two for this info
Old 10 Aug 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3288126)   #19
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All
Here are the Team results from the race

All Teams with 3 finishers come ahead of those who only finish with two or less cars. All seeding is done by known historic lap times in that car by that driver. It estimates who should end up ahead of who assuming the best time is done on every lap. Had the Allard finished the last lap then the Guest team who have been on the podium !! I guess that is motorsport !! Hope to see you all at the HSCC Gold Cup in 2 weeks
Mark
Old 10 Aug 2013, 21:56 (Ref:3288131)   #20
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
The first prize went to the mixed team of Jowett Jupiters and Colin Youle's Jag XK120. Second prize to the Healey Hounds comprising of Dixey and Wilmot-Smith 100Ms plus the JWF Italia of Daniel Wood (it is a Healey under the skin). Third prize to the Lotus Legends.
Easy when you know How.

Happy Birthday John Turner,
Old 10 Aug 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3288170)   #21
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Thanks Mark, see now about Fiscar, only need to clear up why my in car lap timer was 2 seconds different to the official lap on lap 2 but not any other, a personal matter.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 10:30 (Ref:3288260)   #22
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Chris, sorry didn't get to chat in the end, but the RGS was going well with both of you in it (but not at the same time!!). It was a really lovely grid with some great racing throughout the field. Whilst the emphasis is on team results, we all remember who won races on scratch and they appear as such on the results sheets in perpetuity so it's not ignored, we merely don't give out an award. There may well be some FISCAR races next year, where scratch and class awards are made, as well as the usual team awards but FISCAR is really about the fun of being out there amongst fellow enthusiasts and enjoying a bit of dicing wherever you are in the field even though I accept that the competitive edge and desire to do well will always be present.

Well done Mark, on displaying and explaining team awards.

I will post some pics up later as I'm sure John (brands) will, too.

In the meantime, I was on the end of a most touching gesture from our 3 Counties radio man, bauble, yesterday, when he presented me with a book on Nuvolari; that's real 'fever' and will fill a glaring hole in my library and I had to fight off Kev who wanted to relieve me of it - he'll have to wait! Many thanks, Bob - a delightful surprise.
Old 11 Aug 2013, 12:27 (Ref:3288299)   #23
brands
Veteran

Three batches from me, first the Fiscar race:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0317.jpg   IMG_0320.jpg   IMG_0325.jpg  

IMG_0331.jpg   IMG_0345.jpg   IMG_0350.jpg  

Old 11 Aug 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3288300)   #24
brands
Veteran

two:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0591.jpg   IMG_0644.jpg   IMG_0787.jpg  

IMG_0814.jpg   IMG_0838.jpg   IMG_0058.jpg  

Old 11 Aug 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3288302)   #25
brands
Veteran

and a final batch from various races:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0217.jpg   IMG_0301.jpg   IMG_1035.jpg  

IMG_1118.jpg   IMG_1218.jpg   IMG_1288.jpg