Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 Jul 2021, 07:42 (Ref:4059128)   #226
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, big big. Hopefully the #99 and Suarez will continue as is, these guys have been awesome, starting from nowt and running well most weeks.

I reckon Kurt is taking Monster to 23XI, who knows who the second Trackhouse car will be? Better drivers than Chastain knocking on the doors of a Cup ride, that's for sure.
Old 1 Jul 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4059182)   #227
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Apparently, Marks gave Ganassi an offer he couldn't refuse ... :P
Old 2 Jul 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4059400)   #228
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok guys, another road race weekend but this one could be interesting with a better TV package.

Cup, Busch and TA/TA2 all on this weekend at Road America. Sadly for folks not local this again continues Road America outdrawing other tracks for entries, historic racing this season has had crazy numbers there and again with SVRA in May and another event a couple weeks ago. Now TA2 will have an event record 63, yup 63 TA2 cars on track for a 100 minute sprint race on Saturday. I would almost get the TransAm app for the weekend for that race.

But interesting topic will be how much faster can TA cars be than Cup cars around the track. Yes TAs are built to road race but Cup is getting better with the road course car and the drivers are practicing.

Just for fun the TA/SGT/XGT/GT race will be at 800 on Sunday morning so you can attend the church of V8 and speed. Oh and some kid named Guy Smith will debut with the 21 Thetford Corp Mustang.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4059817)   #229
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got to catch the start and the Cup cars look slow around Road America! I know they aren't but it is just strange.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4059819)   #230
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stockcars sliding through The Kink is badass.

The last time they ran here, I believe Curtis Turner landed his plan in the front stretch.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 19:08 (Ref:4059821)   #231
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I got to catch the start and the Cup cars look slow around Road America! I know they aren't but it is just strange.
I take it back, they are slower than GT4 and mostly in TCR range.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 19:09 (Ref:4059822)   #232
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
116 MPH through the Kink, 175 into T5 and about 180 on the front stretch for Chase. Now, through the corners.....
Old 4 Jul 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4059825)   #233
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
116 MPH through the Kink, 175 into T5 and about 180 on the front stretch for Chase. Now, through the corners.....
I I know, but just the way they are on track taking up all that space makes them look slower I think as well. I sure as hell would love to be there in person!
Old 5 Jul 2021, 03:08 (Ref:4059867)   #234
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Chase!!
Old 6 Jul 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4060197)   #235
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good news a track in Atlanta is getting repaved. Oh wait, that's Atlanta Motor Speedway.

https://twitter.com/amsupdates/statu...568262151?s=20
Old 6 Jul 2021, 21:24 (Ref:4060217)   #236
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Good news a track in Atlanta is getting repaved. Oh wait, that's Atlanta Motor Speedway.

https://twitter.com/amsupdates/statu...568262151?s=20
I heard that it's being changed to promote more pack racing like we see at the plate tracks so BOOOOOOO!

Oh well. That's the direction they want to go, so be it. Wish they'd build a drag strip with that money instead, but this is the wrong forum....
Old 6 Jul 2021, 21:56 (Ref:4060221)   #237
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
There's been some arguing about how it will change the racing but given the current cars won't be on it and the new cars drive nothing like the current I don't think we'll know yet. I did see a Jayski discussion about internet experts knowing how the new car will drive are WAYYYY off so it could be interesting.

Oh, and Chase is running at Nashville with SRX, July 17

https://twitter.com/chaseelliott/sta...t-nashville%2F
Old 7 Jul 2021, 18:20 (Ref:4060321)   #238
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
More banking at Atlanta = zero chance of IndyCar
Old 7 Jul 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4060324)   #239
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
More banking at Atlanta = zero chance of IndyCar
Yeah, thank goodness for that! Even tho to your point, if there were changes in the other Direction, it could've been possible so BOOOO again!
Old 7 Jul 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4060332)   #240
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
HIGHLY doubtful Indy would even be considered, see ownership of the track. Only reason the 2 tracks they own host Indy is the promoter (Texas) and history prior to SMI ownership (Sonoma) and Indy left there after 2018 for Laguna Seca

Exception being complete rebuild and copy of Trenton, then Indy would beat a path to the door. It, Michigan and Milwaukee seem to be the tracks Indy people love to miss, Trenton ain't coming back though, there's a lake there.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4062197)   #241
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Well NASCAR out did themselves on stupid yesterday I think. Grim looking obviously about to rain and did so single digit minutes from the off with obvious results.

Last time I recollect such a dumb start decision was F1 about 20 years ago on a totally soaked Spa that led to a massive shunt. At least those guys had rain tyres!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4062198)   #242
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's something with Loudon and management of both series and track. Even Indy had problems with the track way back when. And NASCAR has had a few rounds of stupid at the track recently
Old 19 Jul 2021, 23:05 (Ref:4062245)   #243
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
More proof Nascar and teams are ok with wrecks

https://racer.com/2021/07/19/reynold...racing-series/
Old 6 Aug 2021, 07:18 (Ref:4065568)   #244
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Looking forward to the Glen this weekend, been starved of racing for a couple of weeks plus I love this track.

Instinct says it's Chase's race to lose, but Larson and his crew seem to be performing at a higher level than the other Hendrick teams.

Happy for Chastain that he's confirmed for next year, I think most drivers need a few seasons in Cup before they come good... I don't see him as the next Jeff Gordon but I reckon he's capable of a good solid career.

Older Busch at 23XI or the retirement home do we think?
Old 10 Aug 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4066110)   #245
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad news, Bob Jenkins has passed away due to brain cancer.

Source: https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ster-obituary/

I pretty much grew up listening to him calling races on ABC and ESPN. Really good, in my opinion, at his job and he also had some great reactions to action happening at the track. Some of my favorites:

Lake Speed flips at Daytona in 1989:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9kasK10gRM

Davey Allison flips at Pocono in 1992:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pYxb5eJiBU

(Both clips are also an example of how much better the broadcasts sounded back in the day, when you could actually hear the cars for real. These days the engine sounds are turned down way too much. IMO, of course.)

Cancer sucks.
Old 10 Aug 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4066115)   #246
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great video with some of the best calls by Bob Jenkins:

https://youtu.be/rNjI_uY86QE

Mainly NASCAR, but some IndyCar. Sort of fitting, I guess, given the NASCAR/IndyCar double-header at the IMS road course coming up this weekend.
Old 10 Aug 2021, 11:49 (Ref:4066124)   #247
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, for me he's that voice you hear in the back of your mind when thinking about old race coverage
Old 11 Aug 2021, 19:06 (Ref:4066348)   #248
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Indianapolis is this weekend.

The Cup race will feature AJ Allmendinger, Austin Cindric, James Davison, Cody Ware, Justin Haley and Kyle Tilley.

The Xfinity race will feature AJ Allmendinger, Kevin Harvick, Austin Dillon, Max Papis, Sage Karam, Spencer Pumpelly, Ryan Eversley and Loris Hezemans.
Old 15 Aug 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4066886)   #249
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nice livery for the 9 this week, black Hooters car looks good
Old 15 Aug 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4066888)   #250
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I like the classic Underbird white and orange but black works too. I'll try to follow some if Chase is still towards the front at the end....