Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Feb 2004, 07:18 (Ref:882471)   #1
Dante
Rookie

Dante should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spirit of Heat

Hi-

I just received Nascar Heat, which I got for the sole purpose of running the Spirit of Heat mod.

Its hard to tell how good the physics are, since I have nothing to compare it to (I tried the Spirit of Speed demo, but it was just as bad as its rep.)

I have to say it is fun to have a go at the Auto Union, P3 etc. They certainly don't handle like the GPL cars, which of course they shouldn't. I like the way the engine can be burnt out real easy if you're not careful with the revs.

The main problem is the tracks- driving an Auto Union around Daytona and other ovals is pretty stoopit (if you ask me- although I think driving anything on an oval is pretty stoopit- so I'm biased). The only decent road course in there is Watkins Glen. I wish there was Monaco or the Ring for this mod!

Anyway- would be interested to hear anyone else's experience with this sim- just about the only one at this point that qualifies as "Golden Era". Maybe someday GPL Titans will come out...

Dante
Old 23 Feb 2004, 13:29 (Ref:882764)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been trying to find a copy of Nascar Heat for the same reason for ages and ages...... Anyone know where I can get it in the UK?

Welcome to the forum Dante, by the way
Old 23 Feb 2004, 14:31 (Ref:882833)   #3
Dante
Rookie

Hi Aysedasi-

Thanks for the welcome!

I got mine from Amazon.com. Maybe the UK version has them too?

Dante
Old 23 Feb 2004, 15:01 (Ref:882845)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe.... Never seen them advertised anywhere over here. Where abouts are you Dante?
Old 23 Feb 2004, 15:16 (Ref:882858)   #5
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't played HEAT in ages but there are plenty of road-courses available for it. Try simracingconnection.com to find plenty of HEAT stuff.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 23 Feb 2004, 15:25 (Ref:882866)   #6
Dante
Rookie

Aysedasi-

Im in NYC.

enemy-ace-

thanks!- they do have the Ring!!!!

yipee- I'm Berndt Rosemeyer (in my warped mind)

Dante
Old 23 Feb 2004, 15:30 (Ref:882873)   #7
Dante
Rookie

oops-

its the new Ring- drats!

Dante
Old 23 Feb 2004, 15:48 (Ref:882883)   #8
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are like 150 mods for nascar heat- and they get better and better, nothing like any papyrus sim, but it is getting better and better...I like the Spirit of Heat, good fun, so is BRISCA heat, runnign short ovals is more fun in the mods, the vintage TA mod is nothing like the upcoming F1C mod but it has done its duty well, i would rate this better than SCGT anyway- shame about the trouble getting good roadcourses though
Old 23 Feb 2004, 15:50 (Ref:882885)   #9
gttouring
Veteran

oh i forgot soooo many online league for HEAT, so a pick up race or a group is easy and fun to find, and with a little less pressure than in a GPL race, spinmeister that i am
Old 23 Feb 2004, 17:04 (Ref:882966)   #10
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante
oops-

its the new Ring- drats!

Dante
Unfortunately I think HEAT has size limitations for tracks regarding length. So no Lemans or Nordschleife.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 23 Feb 2004, 21:44 (Ref:883292)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
....so is BRISCA heat...

BRISCA heat

I used to love BRISCA. Studied up in Manchester for 2 years and went to Belle Vue whenever I could to watch the likes of Stu Smith. Its the one thing I miss living down south.....
Old 23 Feb 2004, 21:44 (Ref:883293)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So do I assume then that NASCAR Heat simply isn't available on this side of the pond?
Old 23 Feb 2004, 22:08 (Ref:883318)   #13
gttouring
Veteran

sure Ayse Nascar heat is probably available, did you try soldoutsoftware.com or amazon.co.uk searching for it in the US online resulted in lots of UK sites-seek and ye shall find- a good scrap BriscaHeat is
Old 24 Feb 2004, 11:06 (Ref:883816)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Okey dokey - I'll take a look.