Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:30 (Ref:1455195)   #1
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC 2006 provisional calendar

1 Brands Hatch, Kent, 9 April
2 Mondello Park, Co Kildare, 23 April
3 Oulton Park, Cheshire, 14 May
4 Thruxton, Hampshire, 4 June
5 Croft, North Yorkshire, 16 July
6 Donington Park, Leicestershire, 30 July
7 Snetterton, Norfolk, 13 August
8 Knockhill, Fife, 3 September
9 Brands Hatch, Kent, 24 September
10 Silverstone, Northamptonshire, 15 October

No Rockingham again, and don't know what layouts they'll be using either.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1455205)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Round 1 will be Brands Indy and Round 9 GP most likely
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1455211)   #3
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say both will be Indy.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1455222)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll bow to your insider knowledge

It is a shame though.

I don't like a series going to the same track twice!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1455241)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty much as I expected, but I can see the 3 clashes with the F3/GT Package, the round at Croft clash's with the F3/GT's at Snetterton and the round at Snetterton clash's with Croft, but the biggest clash I can see is Knockhill that will take place on the same weekend as the A1GP at Brands.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1455273)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Not really clashes though, are they? Opposite ends of the country. Remember there's only a handful of people who follow the series to every meeting. And I've seen even less of those than usual in the few visits I've made this year.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 16:38 (Ref:1455321)   #7
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmm. what happened to the Manchester Street race?

oh and when are they going to do Castle Combe/Pembrey/Anglesey/somewhere near wales?
Old 8 Nov 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1455323)   #8
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castle Combe's noise problems I'm afraid have scuppered any chance of a visit there and Pembrey and Anglesy have facilities that are nowhere near yet good enough.

I'm really gutted at the clash with A1 GP as I loved A1 this year but Knockhill's also my favourite BTCC meeting so major dilemma.

Just worked it out and there are many spare weekends around so hopefully F3/GT and swap a couple of meetings so they don't clash like they have done in previous years.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1455330)   #9
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a bit miffed about the clashes as well, I am one of the many people that follow the BTCC round the country but was hoping that I would also get to see the A1 GP at Brands and the return of the GT/F3 at Snetterton. Maybe things will change, after all it is a provisional calendar. The A1 GP moved this season so perhaps the BTCC will do the same for 2006.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1455345)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The A1GP/Knockhill clash is a shame but the tracks are at the other ends of the country. so they are not fighting to get the same people through the gate, again its the same story with the Croft/Snetterton clash's.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1455349)   #11
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess there may be a chance that some of the clashes may be removed as both the BTCC and F3/GTs have yet to have their calenders confirmed. On a selfish note, I hope that Thruxton keeps the slot its been allocated as it fits in nicely with my plans for next summer.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1455363)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG
hmmm. what happened to the Manchester Street race?

oh and when are they going to do Castle Combe/Pembrey/Anglesey/somewhere near wales?
Manchester street race was never promised, was it? I seem to recall it was a good publicity story which TOCA were more than happy to go along with to divert attention from the fact there was so little happening on track.

Combe is a no-go due to lack of facilities and the noise issues. And Pembrey/Anglesey? Most likely when someone invests some money in the circuits to bring them into the 21st century.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1455380)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Anglesey I understand has a big revamp planned, but I think it won't be ready for next season
Old 8 Nov 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1455382)   #14
Simon_1983
Rookie

Simon_1983 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone for BTCC or LeMans for DTM?

Im gonna have to get a calender and work all this out once DTM rounds have been officially announced
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1455388)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd wait and see which series has more competitive cars before deciding as well Simon.

A fairly predictable calendar really, and hopefully the second brands meeting will be on the GP circuit, and maybe Anglesey will come along for 2007 to add a 4th country of sorts to the series.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1455389)   #16
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well from what I can see the following are clashes with F1. Questions some of the TV scheduling, although F1 races are done and by when the BTCC is usually shown.

Mondello Park(San Marino GP), Oulton Park (Spanish GP), Croft (French GP), Donington Park (German GP)

Good to see the last four events of the season do not clash with F1.

Edit: Meant to add, it's still dissapointing how large some of the gaps are, but I suppose this is a sign of the times. Although good to see season has been extended to mid October, 2 less weeks for us to suffer without.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1455400)   #17
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
You can football for the big gap. Apparantly there's some sort of tournament in Gemany this year.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:13 (Ref:1455402)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
The only real gap of any size is in June - when the World Cup is on. Maybe that would have been an ideal time to run at Knockhill - it's not like any of the locals are gonna be interested, is it...
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1455405)   #19
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Although good to see season has been extended to mid October, 2 less weeks for us to suffer without.
But Silverstone in late October?? Remind me to buy an extra themal vest next year.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1455408)   #20
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
The only real gap of any size is in June - when the World Cup is on. Maybe that would have been an ideal time to run at Knockhill - it's not like any of the locals are gonna be interested, is it...
It seems pointless having a 6-week break. I'm sure England will be out of the World Cup long before July starts!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:24 (Ref:1455414)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Most likely!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1455421)   #22
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now where are my Orange Overalls? And do they still fit?

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1455445)   #23
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Anglesey I understand has a big revamp planned, but I think it won't be ready for next season
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gow
Even with their upgrade, Anglesey won't have anything like the infrastructure needed to host one of our race meetings.
originally posted here: http://www.btcc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2427

So thats Anglesey out
Old 8 Nov 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1455537)   #24
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cannot understand Alan Gow not going to Rockingham AFAIK the Rock management were keen to have TOCA, it is by far in terms of facilities the best in the UK. I have asked the boss on his own forum and will be interesting to see his response
Old 8 Nov 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1455579)   #25
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2003, BTCC went to Rockingham, but not to Knockhill. That was before Alan Gow re-took the reigns again. Fact is there are plenty of races in that area, whereas Knockhill solely provides a whole market for manufacturers and sponsors on it's own. Just look at how large the crowd was in 2004 for the BTCC's return.

Yeh Craig good one , but I blame it on the stupid SFA following England's lead in recruiting a foriegner to the team. So England is to blame