Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Apr 2018, 07:45 (Ref:3815151)   #101
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Between Fox and Netflix/Stan there is almost no need for FTA anymore
True, but there is some speedway (and of course the Bathurst 12 Hour) on FTA that isn't' only Foxtel.

Other than that FTA doesn't get a run in our house.
Old 13 Apr 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3815175)   #102
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Celebrating Fox is the most ironic thing possible.
Old 13 Apr 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3815207)   #103
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
How much ODI's / International T20 do you watch?
Not alot of Cricket to be honest except T20 and Big Bash. I go to all the big bash games, My daughter dances onfield each game for the Perth Scorchers
Old 13 Apr 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3815209)   #104
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I only need Fox, the girls need Netflix
Old 16 Apr 2018, 03:24 (Ref:3815932)   #105
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is a horrible deal for fans

No ODI or international T20 on Free to Air
16/59 BBL games exclusive to Foxtel, and you can bet your backside they will be the derbies and blockbusters

Foxtel gets around the anti-siphoning list by colluding with a free to air network and paying them off....
Old 16 Apr 2018, 03:27 (Ref:3815933)   #106
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

16/59 BBL games exclusive to Foxtel, and you can bet your backside they will be the derbies and blockbusters

Foxtel gets around the anti-siphoning list by colluding with a free to air network and paying them off....
It would now appear that the anti-siphoning list is now useless.
Old 16 Apr 2018, 04:47 (Ref:3815943)   #107
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

On the upside you may yet avoid Kevin Pietersen.
Old 16 Apr 2018, 05:52 (Ref:3815950)   #108
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Or a great deal for fans because for $13/week you can have ad free cricket the whole season.I know we've been around this bush before but unless you are unemployed or on full aged pension you should be able to find $13/week in your spending.
On a related note a anti Foxtel F1 fan friend of mine went into a pub yesterday to watch China F1.This morning he rang Foxtel up to arrange connection.
Old 16 Apr 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3816013)   #109
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Not alot of Cricket to be honest except T20 and Big Bash. I go to all the big bash games, My daughter dances onfield each game for the Perth Scorchers
I guess that's my point - Tests and big bash remains on FTA which what the fans predominantly watch.

That said - it's a crying shame that kids won't be able to watch the Australian cricket team year round (Aussie summer) unless their parents can afford pay tv

Kind of flys in the face of CAs vision of the game.

CA should have consulted the ECBs experience with game development and growth since moving to sky post 2005
Old 17 Apr 2018, 00:00 (Ref:3816076)   #110
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Or a great deal for fans because for $13/week you can have ad free cricket the whole season.I know we've been around this bush before but unless you are unemployed or on full aged pension you should be able to find $13/week in your spending.
a) you have no right to make assumptions about anybody else's ability to pay or not pay.
b) I am rarely home and due to my circumstances a Foxtel installation isn't possible, so therefore recording races is impossible, so Foxtel is useless. i do however have a mechanism for recording free to air.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 00:38 (Ref:3816080)   #111
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
a) you have no right to make assumptions about anybody else's ability to pay or not pay.
b) I am rarely home and due to my circumstances a Foxtel installation isn't possible, so therefore recording races is impossible, so Foxtel is useless. i do however have a mechanism for recording free to air.
how sad that you dont have a mobile.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 02:05 (Ref:3816089)   #112
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You know about Foxtel app for tablets etc I guess?If you are home to set FTA recording and watch you could do the same with IQ3.
Actually I got my numbers wrong.Sports package is $10/week.The cost of a Maccas meal,2 beers or 20% of a ticket into 1 days Supercar racing.Only for the rich.Yeah right.I am no constant booster for Foxtel(as Peckstar could vouch to) but people feeling entitled to get everything for free or paid for by others(in this case advertisers on FTA tv) are full of it.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 02:09 (Ref:3816090)   #113
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
how sad that you dont have a mobile.
Quote:
You know about Foxtel app for tablets etc I guess?If you are home to set FTA recording and watch you could do the same with IQ3.
Actually I got my numbers wrong.Sports package is $10/week.The cost of a Maccas meal,2 beers or 20% of a ticket into 1 days Supercar racing.Only for the rich.Yeah right.I am no constant booster for Foxtel(as Peckstar could vouch to) but people feeling entitled to get everything for free or paid for by others(in this case advertisers on FTA tv) are full of it.
I travel overseas, and yes I can VPN but I can rarely watch any races when they are on.

If I had the ability to record with Foxtel and move to a mobile device for viewing that would suit me, which is what I do with Free to air - but now I have to resort to illegitimate means, so nobody wins.

I do pay for other content when the policies are fair, like Netflix and Cricket Australia for example (although Foxtel just killed that one too).
Old 17 Apr 2018, 05:21 (Ref:3816103)   #114
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Minimum cost to watch the various sports Foxtel offer is $55 a month. Want a descent picture, read HD. that's another $10 a month. So not an inconsiderable amount. Specially if you are only interested in one or two sports.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3816134)   #115
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
Minimum cost to watch the various sports Foxtel offer is $55 a month. Want a descent picture, read HD. that's another $10 a month. So not an inconsiderable amount. Specially if you are only interested in one or two sports.
foxtel have a current deal of $39 a month including sports HD
thats a pretty good deal, new residental customers only good to 21.04.18
Old 17 Apr 2018, 11:00 (Ref:3816140)   #116
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see the "if you won't pay for it then you're not a real fan" mentality is still alive and well

Cricket chasing the money at the expense of a wider audience. Sounds like a familiar tune that was pioneered by the "number three sport in Australia" (as said by the previous CEO)
Old 17 Apr 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3816153)   #117
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Interesting to see the "if you won't pay for it then you're not a real fan" mentality is still alive and well

Cricket chasing the money at the expense of a wider audience. Sounds like a familiar tune that was pioneered by the "number three sport in Australia" (as said by the previous CEO)
AFL and NRL also have a pay base.

at least with supercars you get to see every race in some format on FTA, you cant say that with AFL and NRL or Cricket going forward
Old 17 Apr 2018, 22:53 (Ref:3816266)   #118
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:

at least with supercars you get to see every race in some format on FTA, you cant say that with AFL and NRL or Cricket going forward
I wouldn't mind seeing different presentations of Supercars.

A whole season of the same format can be a little monotonous.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 22:57 (Ref:3816267)   #119
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing different presentations of Supercars.

A whole season of the same format can be a little monotonous.
Im sort of not understanding that comment

3 rounds in and every event has had a different format so far
Old 18 Apr 2018, 00:31 (Ref:3816274)   #120
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Im sort of not understanding that comment

3 rounds in and every event has had a different format so far
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I love the different racing formats. That set Supercars apart from the DTM and BTCC.

I was writing about the broadcasting format.

Different commentators, on-screen graphics and different presentation would mix things up.
Old 18 Apr 2018, 00:42 (Ref:3816275)   #121
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I love the different racing formats. That set Supercars apart from the DTM and BTCC.

I was writing about the broadcasting format.

Different commentators, on-screen graphics and different presentation would mix things up.
with you know, cheers for clarification
Old 18 Apr 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3816312)   #122
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

AFL and rugby league have never had more FTA content than they do now, the same can't be said for V8s or soon Cricket
Old 18 Apr 2018, 10:35 (Ref:3816322)   #123
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
AFL and rugby league have never had more FTA content than they do now, the same can't be said for V8s or soon Cricket
Thats false

AFL used to have 5 out of 8 games on FTA, it now has 3 out of 9

not knowlegable enough on nRL, but did it not used to 4 games and now it is 3
Old 18 Apr 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3816331)   #124
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Thats false

AFL used to have 5 out of 8 games on FTA, it now has 3 out of 9
According to my TV guide, there is 5 FTA games on FTA for the coming Rd5 of the AFL

Quote:
No
Old 18 Apr 2018, 11:38 (Ref:3816336)   #125
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
NRL in 2018 has 3 live FTA games (occasionally 4) every week, which until 2016 had never been the case (when they Sunday arvo game moved to a 4pm start and became live)

Three games has been the general norm as far as FTA games for rugby league goes for 30-odd years. Until the mid-90s firstly Channel 10 (until 91) and then Channel 9 (from 92) showed delayed Friday night and Sunday arvo games, while the ABC showed a live Saturday arvo game.

There were occasions in the late-80s and early 90s when Ch9 or Ch10 in Sydney would air late on Sunday nights a replay of the local NBN Newcastle or Brisbane coverage of their home games, which would have been a 4th FTA game, but whether you count that or not is up to you, it wasn't a weekly thing.

When ABC bowed out after 1995 (and once the Super League war finished), there were usually just two delayed FTA games from 1998-2006ish, when a second Friday night game was introduced and the FTA count went back up to three, but just the one live.

In short to answer one five five's post, the current deal the NRL has, when you include the three live FTA games, really is the best the code has ever had.