Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Sep 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2294734)   #26
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rally
Or bringing back the Rally of Kent but in his name would have been a better idea.
Got to find somewhere to replace the Bedgebury stages before the Rally Of Kent can run again
Old 22 Sep 2008, 09:56 (Ref:2295047)   #27
Road Rally
Racer

England
Lancashire
Road Rally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not too familar with venues down Sarf but Marham and a couple of other tar venues would have worked as a proper multi venue event.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 10:26 (Ref:2295074)   #28
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Why the need to run it as a multi venue event though? Single venue events can be good fun and it may help keep the cost down (and therefore keep the event accessible to all levels of competitor). You're right that Abingdon has a good atmosphere, maybe the organisers could look at that and pick up a few ideas to transfer to this event?

I'm not sure how many additional venues for stages could be found within a reasonable distance of Marham - again there may be access issues with MOD sites and realistically are there many other places around there that could run a stage or two?
Old 30 Sep 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2301102)   #29
chocolate cossy
Rookie

chocolate cossy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont get upset its just for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Why the need to run it as a multi venue event though? Single venue events can be good fun and it may help keep the cost down (and therefore keep the event accessible to all levels of competitor). You're right that Abingdon has a good atmosphere, maybe the organisers could look at that and pick up a few ideas to transfer to this event?

I'm not sure how many additional venues for stages could be found within a reasonable distance of Marham - again there may be access issues with MOD sites and realistically are there many other places around there that could run a stage or two?
i think that marham was a great venue from a drivers point of view
it was good on tyres i used 10 in total
i used £145 of fuel v power
the whole weekend cost me a grand less a new car
we took three cars and all three finished
we only suffered with brake faliure mainly
there was a party which i think was a great success on saturday night

i just think that service should be better located for spectators
and not so many 90 degree corners they must be more flowing may be at 60 degrees to let the little cars stay with the big boys ,

i also think that the entry fee of £340 split between two days and a free video was well justified thats £150 per day
i do think that we may have got another stage or two in on sunday but thats by the by
in wales we do some events where you book in for 26 stages in two days but if your running late you cancel some

we intend to take at least 4 cars next year so see you there
Old 30 Sep 2008, 13:08 (Ref:2301110)   #30
chocolate cossy
Rookie

multi venue

road rally
i hope you have competed on northwest stages
then you will know what must be involved in organising a multi venue
no offence but i wouldn,t want the job

i done a few twelve cars and thought that was a nightmare to organise espesially marshals

simd 1978 you wont offend me buddy no worries i think this chat is good for the event i hope that chris and co see it i know bob will point it out being a top marshal sorry bob could think how to spell chief!!
Old 30 Sep 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2301150)   #31
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate cossy
it was good on tyres i used 10 in total
Lawks! 10? That's a years worth! 1 set of Dunlops did Abingdon, a sprint at Lydden, Longmoor, most of Longcross, a stage at Millbrook and a track day at Lydden - they're still not dead either! (we did however kill other tyres at Longcross by going too soft on compound )

Quote:
..not so many 90 degree corners they must be more flowing may be at 60 degrees to let the little cars stay with the big boys
The 90's are needed to keep average speeds down - if you reduce the 90's then you're probably going to end up with more chicanes and bus stops (incidentally - I wonder if Marko Martin had ever encountered one of those before? ).

Quote:
i also think that the entry fee of £340 split between two days and a free video was well justified
Yep. The entry fee looked good for the mileage you actually got.

Quote:
we intend to take at least 4 cars next year so see you there
It's on the list (budget allowing)
Old 30 Sep 2008, 20:33 (Ref:2301429)   #32
chocolate cossy
Rookie

tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Lawks! 10? That's a years worth! 1 set of Dunlops did Abingdon, a sprint at Lydden, Longmoor, most of Longcross, a stage at Millbrook and a track day at Lydden - they're still not dead either! (we did however kill other tyres at Longcross by going too soft on compound )
as for tyres we run second hand kumos any way to keep cost down so 10 is probably an exageration in new terms

The 90's are needed to keep average speeds down - if you reduce the 90's then you're probably going to end up with more chicanes and bus stops (incidentally - I wonder if Marko Martin had ever encountered one of those before? ). well aparently marco hadn,t ever encountered a split or merge before so robert had to talk him through that apparently .

Yep. The entry fee looked good for the mileage you actually got.i enjoyed my self and so did the wife and im still smiling

It's on the list (budget allowing)
see you there