Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jul 2004, 19:15 (Ref:1022855)   #1
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The new boss?

Max is stepping down and who will step forward?

It seems to me that the main issue is that it is fairly short notice. Three months or so until someone replaces him (October 2004).

Will there be several candidates and where will they come from. It's a long time since we had an election. A high profile name, someone who is already there working behind the scenes. Perhaps a president of a national ASN?

I see (coincidentally?) that the France motorsport federation president Jacques Regis has attacked Mosely for being out of touch. (A bit pointless now!). Will he want to run?

Also does anyone know the procedure?
Old 1 Jul 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1022872)   #2
Knowlesy
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It'll be someone obscure we don't know about.

It won't be Todt. Well, it best hadn't be anyways. I'd rather have Jeffrey Archer.....

I personally hope for Gerhard Berger! Wishful thinking!
"This will be the dullest teammate battle for many years. Worse than Schumacher/Irvine. Ricciardo will never out-qualify Vettel, not once. He might beat him in a race occasionally, if Vettel has trouble. He won't win a single race IMO."

Top Formula 1 analyst Knowlesy previews the 2014 season.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 19:50 (Ref:1022881)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
wont be Todt... though strange things happen....
Old 1 Jul 2004, 19:59 (Ref:1022891)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about David Beckham... his football skills have seemed to diminshed and he always does something to create controversy.... seems perfect...
Old 1 Jul 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1022906)   #5
Knowlesy
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ralf fan mate......

You just killed the thread.
"This will be the dullest teammate battle for many years. Worse than Schumacher/Irvine. Ricciardo will never out-qualify Vettel, not once. He might beat him in a race occasionally, if Vettel has trouble. He won't win a single race IMO."

Top Formula 1 analyst Knowlesy previews the 2014 season.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 21:27 (Ref:1022997)   #6
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm quite frankly stunned that Mosley is stepping down. Although i'm not a big fan i don't see anyone good or qualified enough to take over.

There was a lot of talk of Ron Dennis taking over at the top a year ago, but he recently quashed these rumours. Also it's unlikely he would drop Mclaren in it's current state.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 21:30 (Ref:1023001)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's unlikely to be an F1 figure.

More a diplomatic-style person from somewhere in the ASNs.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 21:46 (Ref:1023027)   #8
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ben Edwards!!!

....Oh...sorry,...wrong thread!
Old 1 Jul 2004, 22:01 (Ref:1023043)   #9
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My money is on Todt - best man for the job, without a doubt.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 23:36 (Ref:1023119)   #10
Tamás
Rookie

Tamás should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alesi or one of the 'old boys' would become a good boss, I think.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 00:09 (Ref:1023135)   #11
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have to remember though, FIA doesn't just work with F1, they have larger issues to deal with, such as road safety and such. And also, someone mentioned there could be a vice president who worked with motorsports - and there, you also have to remember, that F1 isn't the only motorsport either.

So there are more people in the world, suited to the job then an F1 personality.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 00:30 (Ref:1023146)   #12
Tamás
Rookie

Tamás should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by twig
You have to remember though, FIA doesn't just work with F1, they have larger issues to deal with, such as road safety and such. And also, someone mentioned there could be a vice president who worked with motorsports - and there, you also have to remember, that F1 isn't the only motorsport either.

So there are more people in the world, suited to the job then an F1 personality.
OK, I was quite narrow-minded.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 02:30 (Ref:1023209)   #13
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
......... James Allen ..........
Old 2 Jul 2004, 07:16 (Ref:1023344)   #14
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
(off topic: Tamás, I think twig was just saying what he thought rather than having a go).

Anyway
Quote:
Originally posted by twig
someone mentioned there could be a vice president who worked with motorsports - and there, you also have to remember, that F1 isn't the only motorsport either.
Max, himself, has suggested a slight change in structure to allow an overall president and a deputy (vice, etc...) that would deal with motorsport (including F1). He says that the presidents job covers too much an area and he needs help of another representative.

I wonder if this is how it will go, or whether it would need Max to impliment this change?

Last edited by Adam43; 2 Jul 2004 at 07:18.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 07:59 (Ref:1023384)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I was going to suggest Sir Jackie Stewart but with all respect to Sir Jackie, I think he is too old for the job. What a shame he wasn't considered when the appointment of Max was made.

I think Max's successor will need to be someone who is more a politician as the job encompasses so many aspects of motorsport. To my mind David Richards would be an ideal candidate but why would he relinquish his role as head of BAR?

Of course we shouldn't overlook people like Colin Hilton at the MSA who has a great deal of experience in heading a motorsports body.

Like Knowlsey, I suspect it will be someone obscure that we have never heard of, possibly another Frenchman.