Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 19 Apr 2007, 23:43 (Ref:1895908)   #76
acer
Rookie

acer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie

Look at the amount of paddock space taken by Doran. If Andy Grant or a stock hatch driver took that much they would be asked to move. Does anyone know how much Doran paid the BRDA for taking that much space - i can guess it was not a lot.
If Andy Grant or a stock hatch driver were entertaining 500 guests then they too would be allocated appropriate paddock space. It's a great shame more people don't, the sight of marquees, flags, and grandstands can only bring the image of Rallycross to the forefront. I think it is great to see. I don't know how much he paid, but should he have to pay the BRDA for bringing an extra 500 people to the event and improving the image of Rallycross?
Old 22 Apr 2007, 09:32 (Ref:1897525)   #77
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well put Acer, it can only help rallycross and maybe even pull in new sponsors.

I always thought there use to be markers on the inside on the approach to Chessons, there certainly were not any there on Easter Monday and without those it is pretty impossible to say where the grass ends and where the track starts, Andrew Jordan was not the only driver using that "new" approach to the first corner. I was under the belief you only got penalised on parts of the circuit where there are markers. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 15:14 (Ref:1898652)   #78
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by acer
I don't know how much he paid, but should he have to pay the BRDA for bringing an extra 500 people to the event and improving the image of Rallycross?
Well, to be fair in most sports you do have to pay for corporate entertainment space. But as long as everyone is offered the same terms I can't see that there is a problem.

As I understand it markers have the same function as white lines on asphalt - if you cross them you either have to rejoin the track at that point or get a time penalty. But if there are no markers there...