Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 16 Apr 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2442252)   #1
Bruce 10
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Bruce 10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ZZ1 - STOLEN: 2 Formula Atlantics

I wonder if the forum members could help out with this.

My Father, Terry Fullerton's Lola T460 and my team mate Daryl Taylor's March 78B have been stolen last week from Daryl's workshop near Yeovil. The cars details are:

Lola T460 Chassis HU17
Engine 1600 BDA, Hewland FT200 Gearbox

March 78B Chassis 78B-8
Engine BDA, Hewland FT200 Marked 782-MBR

Both engines have been built by Racing Fabrications and have the blocks painted a distinctive Maroon colour. Both cars have been campaigned in the HSCC Derek Bell Trophy and had just been prepared for the new season.
The cars were stolen with NO WHEELS they were on chassis stands only with the wheels at our other workshop.

We are offering a £10,000 reward for information leading to the return of the cars. Please contact me on 07712 885354 if you can help.

Many thanks for any help. Bruce Fullerton.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2442253)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right, I'm 'sticking' this up here, and in the Chassis History Archive.

I hope Ten-Tenthers are able to help in tracking these down, Bruce.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 16:39 (Ref:2442372)   #3
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear your bad news Bruce. Looking back on some pics that you sent me, I think this is your Fathers Lola?

I really hope that you have success in finding both cars and that we see you both over here for the Park in August.
Old 16 Apr 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2442400)   #4
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is an off the wall thought, but you have to consider the source. I would quietly contact any shop in the area where someone could purchase wheels and tyres.

Either the cars would be buried in a warehouse for quite some time, or the theives will want to make them rollers to ease in transportation.

I'd be checking with the ports too, to find out if somebody had set it up so that they had a container waiting at the time they snagged the cars.

Could four guys pick up a complete chassis wih engine, or would it take a lift of some sort?

Just brainstorming, really sorry to hear a story like this. Best wishes for a good result.

Andrew Bernstein
Old 16 Apr 2009, 17:44 (Ref:2442429)   #5
Bruce 10
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Bruce 10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the quick responses Guys. Peter - yes that is his car, thanks for posting the picture. Appreciate all the ideas too - we will explore anything. Have been speaking to a wheel manufacturer already...! We are taking ads out in Autosport/Motorsport and the local paper offering the reward in the hope that it is sufficient to "tempt" them out.

Thanks again Guys.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2442948)   #6
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terrys Lola

Daryls March
Old 1 May 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2453496)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent news! Both cars recovered - See Bruce's post in main Historic Racing Today forum!

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114985

Last edited by John Turner; 18 May 2009 at 08:05.