Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Oct 2012, 09:35 (Ref:3156361)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts300 View Post
+1 for this

Also peeved that GP Week has gone the same way.

Perhaps the story supported advt site that is Speedcafe is the way of the future, not that I am adverse to paying for a timely information source.
Accuracy might be fun to include in that mix!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Oct 2012, 23:31 (Ref:3156757)   #52
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another Chevron product in steep decline is the Muscle Car Masters DVD.In 2009 this was 2 and a 1/2 hours in length ,in 2010 it dropped to 2 hours and in 2011 to 90 minutes.This was mainly achieved by including less races and much more heavily editing those races shown as well as reducing the number of interviews.I sent them an email pointing out this reduction and hoping it would be reversed in 2012(no reply of course).When the 2012 DVD was advertised in their promotional material it was going to be "more than 2 hours".When the DVD arrived yesterday the back sleeve said it was 90 minutes.When I looked at it it ran a whopping 1 hour and 19 minutes.In other words they have cut the running time nearly in half since 2009 which is inexcusable seeing that they film all the Sunday races and could show more races or do less editing at basically zero cost.The cost of the disc of course hasn't decreased (echoes of sending The Great Race printing off shore which made large cost savings exactly zero of which they passed on to their customers).Chevron used to be a gold standard of motor racing publishing in Australia.Examples like this seem to make me think the new owners have lost the plot.