Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Apr 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3388956)   #51
team drinkalot
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
team drinkalot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somebody with intelligence, such as Craig, thinks - "this guy is obviously faster, I best keep an eye out and give him room, otherwise he might wreck my race"

But I suppose that's why the smart guys always finish in the top 10 of the championship.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 10:41 (Ref:3388957)   #52
team drinkalot
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
team drinkalot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
People use to queue to see McEnroe.

I miss Murph's passion and get sick of the scripted responses by the Driver's during interviews.

Come on Russel, tell us what you really think. I'll pay the fine and then get the money back from the increased ticket sales and TV audience.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3388983)   #53
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My main beef is the delay between contact and penalty received. I am of the personal opinion that a penalty was deserved, but if you don't give it straight away, have other incidents to look at first or are unsure, then tell everyone you are investigating and sort it out after the race with a points reduction. It would have been a great story for Ingall to be on the podium and I'm glad he was so outspoken.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3388998)   #54
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrystl View Post
Great to see an Erebus win , congratulations to Holdsworth and the team a very well deserved win , hope Tomorrow is the same .
Hoping for a Volvo win tomorrow...would be pretty neat if all the new manufactures picked up their first win at the same track.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3389087)   #55
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hoping for a Volvo win tomorrow...would be pretty neat if all the new manufactures picked up their first win at the same track.
A disappointing ending for Scott yesterday while in the lead and looking at a victory.........let's hope he has better luck today.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 01:22 (Ref:3389122)   #56
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
And Percat's penalty was................

Nothing.

How someone can do that and anyone consider it a racing incident is beyond me!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 01:49 (Ref:3389124)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Erebus wins yesterday & qualifies 20th & 22nd today

Still recovering from partytime???
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Apr 2014, 03:28 (Ref:3389136)   #58
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Erebus wins yesterday & qualifies 20th & 22nd today

Still recovering from partytime???
Does this put Nissan into perspective from last year? Maybe some placebo effect in that e70?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 04:36 (Ref:3389141)   #59
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Does this put Nissan into perspective from last year? Maybe some placebo effect in that e70?
Nissan have a revised aero package this year, maybe not as much downforce.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 05:03 (Ref:3389146)   #60
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tander copes a 5 spot grid penalty drops him down the list from last Holden qualifier to Last Holden qualifier .
Old 6 Apr 2014, 05:05 (Ref:3389147)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Or the loss of the bloke that designed & built the cars is having more of an impact than the team thought it might
Old 6 Apr 2014, 05:22 (Ref:3389151)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
My main beef is the delay between contact and penalty received. I am of the personal opinion that a penalty was deserved, but if you don't give it straight away, have other incidents to look at first or are unsure, then tell everyone you are investigating and sort it out after the race with a points reduction. It would have been a great story for Ingall to be on the podium and I'm glad he was so outspoken.
The interview with Mr Bargwanna on #7 seems to suggest Mr Ingall will feel the pain...

Any bets on whether Mr Bargwanna keeps his gig past this season?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 05:30 (Ref:3389155)   #63
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The interview with Mr Bargwanna on #7 seems to suggest Mr Ingall will feel the pain...

Any bets on whether Mr Bargwanna keeps his gig past this season?
And I did notice a quite apologetic Ingall being interviewed afterwards trying to wiggle out of any penalty with quite a few apologies.

On another note, I think that Greg Murphy does a much better job than Beretta. Would be very good if they keep him in that role for the rest of the year (excluding the enduros, although would be pretty interesting having an in race reporter)
Old 6 Apr 2014, 05:32 (Ref:3389157)   #64
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Quote:
Or the loss of the bloke that designed & built the cars is having more of an impact than the team thought it might
I was referring to Nissan Sat vs Sun last year against Erebus Sat vs Sun last year.... Does raise some points of whether there was an e70 benefit or just a freak occurance?

Quote:
The interview with Mr Bargwanna on #7 seems to suggest Mr Ingall will feel the pain... Any bets on whether Mr Bargwanna keeps his gig past this season?
Ingall should feel the pain, he is a *******g idiot.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 05:32 (Ref:3389158)   #65
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Yeah I really like Murph in that position...now just replace that girl with Beretta.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 06:13 (Ref:3389164)   #66
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The sheila should stay.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 06:47 (Ref:3389170)   #67
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems that race control are trying to gerrymander an FPR win today.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 06:50 (Ref:3389171)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Rusty's Rant

#7's mob had the time to bleep out the swear words from this.. So while it is bad, should the broadcaster be nailed for aiding & abetting?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3389177)   #69
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a joke these pit lane speeding penalties are. #33 clearly went faster while serving that penalty (the radar gun said 41, 2 seperate times), but no mention of another penalty (leading one to assume, that the radar gun is infact inaccurate)

Likewise #14, he was clearly slower and on the limiter BEFORE #5 (going by the rear shot from #5), but still got a penalty.

I dont think these people have any idea when someone is speeding and are just drawing numbers out of a hat of who should win.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 08:15 (Ref:3389196)   #70
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The sheila should stay.
She's ok for the 'colour' pieces, but please keep her away from the pitstops and post-race interviews, more of Larko & Murphy for the 'racing' stuff please.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 08:17 (Ref:3389198)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
What a joke these pit lane speeding penalties are. #33 clearly went faster while serving that penalty (the radar gun said 41, 2 seperate times), but no mention of another penalty (leading one to assume, that the radar gun is infact inaccurate)

Likewise #14, he was clearly slower and on the limiter BEFORE #5 (going by the rear shot from #5), but still got a penalty.

I dont think these people have any idea when someone is speeding and are just drawing numbers out of a hat of who should win.
Try using that argument to counter a speeding fine on the road...

Maybe they need to put in speed cameras.. they are ALWAYS accurate, and any fines ALWAYS totally indefensible

And you get a free piccy of the race car
Old 6 Apr 2014, 08:54 (Ref:3389211)   #72
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I honestly think even without all those ridiculous penalties being handed out todaty Frosty still would have won but every result from 2nd down is in question.

Also how the hell did Slade not get a drive through for a whole wheel rolling across pit lane when teams have been pinged in the past for just an errand nut ?

It's inconsistent rulings such as today that have kept me away from paying to watch them at the track since 2003.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 09:07 (Ref:3389214)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
I honestly think even without all those ridiculous penalties being handed out todaty Frosty still would have won but every result from 2nd down is in question.

Also how the hell did Slade not get a drive through for a whole wheel rolling across pit lane when teams have been pinged in the past for just an errand nut ?

It's inconsistent rulings such as today that have kept me away from paying to watch them at the track since 2003.
I thought the SCAR mob sending a wheel into the fast lane was indefensible. They got a monetary penalty, not a sporting one. Arguably Mr Slade should not have been in the podium spot today because of it.

Does this fall within the realms of Mr Bargwanna, or does Mr Schenken have the responsibility for the lane? The crowd on the Winton hill want to know
Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:16 (Ref:3389233)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Supashock apparently had its first V8Supercar race win today too...
Second win today...
Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3389234)   #75
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
She's ok for the 'colour' pieces, but please keep her away from the pitstops and post-race interviews, more of Larko & Murphy for the 'racing' stuff please.

Indeed.

I really liked Murph in his commentary role.

I'm sick of hearing Matty White and Skaifes voice when they're reacting to something in the race, they sound like they're in bed together. Knock it off guys