Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3389237)   #76
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I thought the SCAR mob sending a wheel into the fast lane was indefensible. They got a monetary penalty, not a sporting one. Arguably Mr Slade should not have been in the podium spot today because of it.

Does this fall within the realms of Mr Bargwanna, or does Mr Schenken have the responsibility for the lane? The crowd on the Winton hill want to know
The gents upstairs will argue that it was a team error, not a Slade error.

With regards to the speeding infringements, I'd say a few teams will be submitting their data to V8SC first thing tomorrow morning.

For the purposes of speculation, maybe the dash displays in the cars are giving a different reading, to what the radar gun is picking up?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:33 (Ref:3389241)   #77
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
She's ok for the 'colour' pieces, but please keep her away from the pitstops and post-race interviews, more of Larko & Murphy for the 'racing' stuff please.
I think she's improving all the time. Certainly showing a lot more confidence this season, and is beginning to ask all the right questions. Interestingly, she's pretty much the only one Mrs Kilmenko will give the time of day to.

Mr Beretta tries too hard to get in on all the 'old boys' banter, and technical aspects. Just ends up looking like the token third wheel.

Mr Murphy did well this weekend in his role. But then again, he's been doing the TV thing on and off for over 15 years now.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3389242)   #78
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Second win today...
Wonder if Perkins gets them?

Alex Davison didn't last year.

Last edited by sizzle; 6 Apr 2014 at 10:43.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3389248)   #79
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't remember the last time a Vodafone/Red Bull car didn't finish on a podium once over an entire weekend?

Only 95 points between the top 5 in the championship.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 11:04 (Ref:3389257)   #80
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
I can't remember the last time a Vodafone/Red Bull car didn't finish on a podium once over an entire weekend?

Only 95 points between the top 5 in the championship.
Is Winton the T8 bogey track or has the tide turned?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3389260)   #81
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
You win as a team and lose as a team.

The gents upstairs got it wrong.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3389266)   #82
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally a good weekend for Jason Bright
Good to see 888 in the pack too. So why did the Mercs have no sponsorship on the cars?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3389273)   #83
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But as they stated, how was that different to Whincup's car controller touching the car?
That was a team error not a whincup error?

Why was the penalty not the same?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 11:53 (Ref:3389277)   #84
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
You win as a team and lose as a team.

The gents upstairs got it wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
But as they stated, how was that different to Whincup's car controller touching the car?
That was a team error not a whincup error?

Why was the penalty not the same?
Agree with you 100% Chavez, it's a team sport - same in reverse when a driver does something on track and cops a drive through - are they now going to penalise the driver but leave team points intact?

Whoever made that call today (I assume the stewards) got it 100% wrong full stop and as you say DX20VT, no consistency with the approach taken in Adelaide.

Penalty for items such as wheels rolling across pit lane are strong because it endangers so many people in there - if another car hits it, could be deflected off anywhere and hit anyone.

Really, really bad call on that one today.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 11:58 (Ref:3389280)   #85
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could say that anything in pit lane is a team thing, but as RD said, he'd pay 3 grand to win a race. I agree though that slade shouldn't be 3rd for a safety issue from the team.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3389285)   #86
Umai Naa
Veteran

I think this time they got it right with the Slade call. Therefore, I feel that the call against Whincup was incorrect.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3389718)   #87
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of CAMS/V8SC they still haven't announced at what speed the drivers who where supposedly speeding where at. Yet more incompetence by that fool Damien White.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3389726)   #88
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
Speaking of CAMS/V8SC they still haven't announced at what speed the drivers who where supposedly speeding where at. Yet more incompetence by that fool Damien White.
Does it matter? Not sure it does
Old 7 Apr 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3389757)   #89
EL GT
Rookie

New Zealand
Petrol Heaven
EL GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think this time they got it right with the Slade call. Therefore, I feel that the call against Whincup was incorrect.
I feel you are wrong. V8 Supercars got it wrong Tim Slade most definitely should have had a drive thru penalty. Lets keep some consistence here, what about when Greg Murphy got his stop-go at Bathurst for the fuelling issue now that was a team error.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3389760)   #90
Umai Naa
Veteran

The team let the wheel roll away down pitlane, not Slade. He was sitting in the car, minding his own business.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3389902)   #91
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That has always been a drive through, can't believe what the penalty was.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3389916)   #92
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The team let the wheel roll away down pitlane, not Slade. He was sitting in the car, minding his own business.
So if Slade was to bin the car on the last lap and not finish, the team should still get the teams points for the position he was running before he crashed?

The team was sitting in the pits, minding their own business.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3389920)   #93
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
I would have thought that it would be an automatic drive-through for Slade.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3389979)   #94
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CAMS/V8SC have anything to say about Dale Wood nearly collecting the recovery truck and the course car at back of Turn 8, during an off track excursion (Race 3, Lap 9).
Old 8 Apr 2014, 00:12 (Ref:3389990)   #95
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Mr Wood pull the same stunt twice in the weekend? There was a replay shown at some point during race 1 with a glimpse of the Advam car going off the road in the backgroud. One of the commentators made a very casual comment as it was happening along the lines of "and theres Dale Wood going off the road in the background". But, next time he was shown on screen he was still in the same position on the road.

Did this happen or am I imagining things?
Old 8 Apr 2014, 00:39 (Ref:3389998)   #96
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post
Did Mr Wood pull the same stunt twice in the weekend? There was a replay shown at some point during race 1 with a glimpse of the Advam car going off the road in the backgroud. One of the commentators made a very casual comment as it was happening along the lines of "and theres Dale Wood going off the road in the background". But, next time he was shown on screen he was still in the same position on the road.

it happened and i believe TWR is talking about the same incident.

to get back on the road the way he went you have to drive passed soem recovery vehicles.

Paul dumbrell did the same thing a few years abck at Darwin, he vountarily redressed the situation and was given a drive through. Much more significant than Woods penalty
Old 8 Apr 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3390016)   #97
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The lack of consistency with genuine safety issues is galling.

Especially a tyre in pit lane vs a car controller touching the car, I mean seriously?
Old 8 Apr 2014, 03:24 (Ref:3390018)   #98
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post

Race 2 saturday AND race 3 sunday.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 06:31 (Ref:3390046)   #99
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The lack of consistency with genuine safety issues is galling.

Especially a tyre in pit lane vs a car controller touching the car, I mean seriously?
No arguement from me Mixer. Do V$upercars use the same stewards/judge of fact/whatever they're called for every meeting?

Or are there different ones at each track?
Old 8 Apr 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3390108)   #100
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I'm sick of hearing Matty White and Skaifes voice when they're reacting to something in the race, they sound like they're in bed together. Knock it off guys
The commentary team, and in reality all the main players in V8s these days including the main journalists and those on the V8Supercar technical side in general, just these days appear to be one big 'in club' existing for no other purpose than to constantly pat eachother on the back for how well they are doing and won't hear anything said against them. I guess those are the perks of being part of 'the closed shop clan'