Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Aug 2000, 15:46 (Ref:32532)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
with only 2 rounds to go in the Nations cup series..Jimmy Richards has a nice 36 point lead in the series after 2 thrid places at Calder Park last weekend.
Richards in a Porsche GT3 was not on the pace of fellow GT3 driver Peter fitzgerald who took both victories in convincing fashion..ferrari 360 driver Mark Noske claimed second in both races but the gap between him and fitzgerald in the points chase has closed after fitzy's 2 wins.
Lamborghini driver Paul stokell couldnt get a handle on his car all weekend and had a couple of spins in race 2 ..it was also a welcome return to the series for Jim zerefos after quite a while off but he was back in a GT3 and posted reasonable results of 8th and 6th.
the points table stands as this.

1.jim richards Porsche GT3 155
2.Mark Noske Ferrari 360 119
3.Peter Fitzgerald Porsche GT3 107
4.Paul stokell Lamborghini diablo 88
5.Peter Bradbury Porsche GT3 70
6.Mark williamson Porsche GT3 64
7.Wayne Park Ferrari 360 54
8.Geoff Morgan Dodge Viper 40
9.Christian Jones Ferrari 360 37
10.steve Webb Porsche GT3 31

next round Mallala in south australia on this coming weekend.
Old 25 Aug 2000, 00:11 (Ref:32587)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those 2 dropped rounds for Noske have made the world of differnce...at the start of the year if you asked me to pick between Jimmy, Stokell and Noske, i probably would have put Jim 3rd.

Also Fitzy, where on earth did he come from?

I must say this about the Nations Cup, the cars just look bloody fantastic....they blow V8s out of the water. I alwasy thought the old styled 911 and F355 were good looking beasts, but the GT3 and Modena are just incredible... also some of the other cars like the Vipers, Mustangs look sweet. Probably the ugliest car in the field would be the Diablo, but i think that is a winner simply due to the shock factor.

Also, do we think GTP will one day branch off onto their own package? Procar currently control the Nations Cup, GTP, the Ute Muster, and the State Level GTP....and they seem have too many unpopular people in charge (ok, some of their parity calls have come under fire, but they are been worked on).

All the Nations Cup series needs is consistantly big grids, then it will win over the public.
Old 25 Aug 2000, 01:59 (Ref:32623)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
intresting crash..and some very good valid points..(except for the lamborghini thing...I love the look of that car)
I like both GTP series and believe both can work well..you have a series for everyday road cars which the public can identify with and make whatever assumption they want to and then you have the supercar class which is the dream car class..I think they have done the right thing in seperating them..it was starting to get a bit dangerous with a Porsche or Ferrari going 100kph quicker than a Suzuki Swift..the potential for a bad accident was way to great.

Procar i feel have done a pretty good job..and as you say some of their parity calls have not been the best but they will learn from this and things will go well..but I do feel they need to back off just that bi and concentrate on GTP and nations cup for a bit and not concern themselves with this new Ute Muster thing..time will tell and I hope things work out well for Procar,competitors and us the specatators.
Old 25 Aug 2000, 03:54 (Ref:32632)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and they
seem have too many unpopular people in charge
DOH! should have read
and they
don't seem to have too many unpopular people in charge

...i dunno what i was smoking....

And ugly is a bit too strong, i guess i just like the smooth lines of the porsche and ferrari better.

The Muster....
Well umm, the jury is still out. Yes, there are far too many categories in this land, but this one has the ingrediants to be a goer.
They will be right on top of parity, and it is going to be strictly controlled. Just about all of the stuff on the cars (and the cars themselves) will be identical from the manufacturer and sealed. There will be an engine claim thing, like legends, where you can buy a competitors motor. The cars will be fairly cheap, $55-60K, and fairly standard. The noveltly will be a huge goer with the fans.

With some factory support, the grid of 20 cars (10 ford, 10 holden) will be easily reached, with procar entering several cars themselves. Running with the lites, do we think the Procar seats will be filled with NC and V8 Supercar pilotes?

Also the new Holden Ute will be used...