Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 29 Mar 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3521597)   #1
merlinbrent
Rookie

merlinbrent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spectating

Hi all,

I've just seen Rally Cross on Top Gear and it looks fantastic! I did try to google where I could spectate but I can only really find the world championship and that's very much down south.

I live up North and wondered if there was anything local I could watch, it doesn't have to be world class or anything.

Just something to get started with spectating.

Thanks!
Old 29 Mar 2015, 22:35 (Ref:3521636)   #2
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croft (Near Darlington) has the last round of the British Championship 10th October. The grand prix on the 11th October and the BTRDA championship on 15th November and there is a round of the BTRDA championship at Blyton (Nr Gainsborough) on October 18th.
Old 30 Mar 2015, 08:28 (Ref:3521763)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you want to see WRX, the cars features on the Top Gear thing, then Lydden is the only place you can see that sadly, a long way from you, almost in France!
Old 30 Mar 2015, 09:40 (Ref:3521793)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
While the WRX cars may be the "F1" of Rallycross do not underestimate the thrill of a "normal" UK event. The racing is just as exciting, if not more so.
Old 30 Mar 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3521839)   #5
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, it's a shame you didn' pop up on here a few weeks ago as the first round of the British Rallycross Championship was at Croft.

That said, I drove to Croft and back in the day from my home in Surrey, so Lydden isn't the other side of the world... or nearly in France (!).

There's an increasing amount of rallycross footage on You Tube, from the VHS recorded fuzziness of the 1970s, 80s and 90s to more recent events in the UK and abroad. The performance of many of the cars is astounding!! That said the Suzuki Swifts offer close racing and the Retro Rallycross Challenge provides the best of both workds - nostalgia NOW!

Check online for details of future events and embrace your new-found passion for our sport!!

Cheers, Steve
Old 30 Mar 2015, 18:21 (Ref:3521933)   #6
merlinbrent
Rookie

merlinbrent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all your replies. I'm not bothered what level of rallycross I see, as long as its something.

Other than the championships are there like local events etc?

If not I'll have a look at the croft stuff in October.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 06:53 (Ref:3522102)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can highly recommend Blyton - it's near Gainsboro