Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Jan 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3700548)   #26
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Meanwhile at Daytona:

Looks like the Astons are getting a full-size rear wing.

Those are GT4 spec Aston rear wings, the Smaller rear wing was GS spec.

I believe GS cars now have to be fully GT4 spec right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 Jan 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3700551)   #27
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Those are GT4 spec Aston rear wings, the Smaller rear wing was GS spec.
Nope, they still ran the small wing in Europe last season: Link

The only place that had wings like that last year was World Challenge.

Quote:
I believe GS cars now have to be fully GT4 spec right?
No, this year you can run either GT4 or old GS-spec (Muehlner said they'd do just that for their Caymans to see which gets better BoP).
Old 6 Jan 2017, 13:33 (Ref:3700552)   #28
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Alfas are available in the US now I believe, recently I've seen a local dealership and they sponsor a college halftime report show (basketball if I'm correct).
The Giulia is, the Giulietta - which is the Alfa currently raced in TCR - isn't.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3700593)   #29
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Giulia just started here in the US. They sold 29 in December. It's a 4 door sedan that's the size of a 3 series BMW. It's either 4wd or RWD. It sort of look like a Kia Optima (which would really irritate the Alfa fans). I just drove a Quadrifoglio and it's a rocketship and if anything could be GT4, it's that car, not the 4C.

The 4C is selling about 23 per month. Dealers can't unload them.

In the end, FCA has so many problems (the Giulia was delayed a year), Fiat sales are so bad it's not even funny and most other FCA sales are in the dumper. So, I don't see anything from that company just because they need to actually be selling cars first.

I also wonder what the interest in the US will be for TCR. I know I have been part of at least two surveys for gauging the interest in that class and it's not much. Plus, the US debut of the cars at Homestead never happened. Supposedly there are not enough cars for TCR Las Americas. There has been no info about that TCR series since mid 2016.

I assume that IMSA and WC Vision will just force everyone to do TCR and thus, it'll become popular. Too bad they will be draining the swamp of the current 35-40 ST, 20-25 TC cars and just like when they drained the 30 GS car field two years ago. On the other hand, the M235iRacing will become the new Cayman and everyone will be sick of seeing 50% of the field made up of them. As we all know, running a $89K turnkey racecar that's made mostly of off the shelf street components (plus there are a number of BMW Motorsport dealers in the US, so getting parts is easier and the warehouse is 3 miles from my house) and rwd is much more attractive. A FWD car where you must get your parts from the one guy in the US who has the parts you need, is not. Good thing is we'll see how it and the Audi TCR cars match up against the M235iRacing in PWC for 2017. Then there's the fact that there are way more people that like to race BMW's and Porsche's (as represented by their own overly popular respective series') as opposed to an Audi, Honda, Ford or Mazda. Like it or not, ST and GS are 95% rental. When you got to cut a big check, you'd rather do it with something that is well proven (the BMW has been around since 2014) and easy to drive.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3700653)   #30
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post

I assume that IMSA and WC Vision will just force everyone to do TCR and thus, it'll become popular. Too bad they will be draining the swamp of the current 35-40 ST, 20-25 TC cars and just like when they drained the 30 GS car field two years ago. On the other hand, the M235iRacing will become the new Cayman and everyone will be sick of seeing 50% of the field made up of them. As we all know, running a $89K turnkey racecar that's made mostly of off the shelf street components (plus there are a number of BMW Motorsport dealers in the US, so getting parts is easier and the warehouse is 3 miles from my house) and rwd is much more attractive. A FWD car where you must get your parts from the one guy in the US who has the parts you need, is not. Good thing is we'll see how it and the Audi TCR cars match up against the M235iRacing in PWC for 2017.
It's a tuned-down version of the TCR car that will be moved back to TCR spec for 2018
Old 6 Jan 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3700690)   #31
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
It's a tuned-down version of the TCR car that will be moved back to TCR spec for 2018
That's an overly generic statement. So, what is "tuned down"?
Old 7 Jan 2017, 01:24 (Ref:3700717)   #32
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's an overly generic statement. So, what is "tuned down"?
Different gearbox and brakes
Old 11 Jan 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3701835)   #33
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Roar data http://nasportscar.com/2017-ctscc-da...before-the-24/
Old 11 Jan 2017, 23:28 (Ref:3701923)   #34
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate if TCR replaces ST. Heck I hate that that GT4 is replacing the homebuilt GS cars. I saw the scca runoff the other day and it was awesome, why can't conti be this. Someone built a caddie racer in American Sedan class and it was cool, too bad you won't see in GS.
Old 11 Jan 2017, 23:35 (Ref:3701924)   #35
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
I hate if TCR replaces ST. Heck I hate that that GT4 is replacing the homebuilt GS cars. I saw the scca runoff the other day and it was awesome, why can't conti be this. Someone built a caddie racer in American Sedan class and it was cool, too bad you won't see in GS.
The rebound of numbers in GS seems to say otherwise. Obviously, we've only seen the Daytona entries, but this is much better than the end of 2016 was for that class.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 01:05 (Ref:3701936)   #36
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
The rebound of numbers in GS seems to say otherwise. Obviously, we've only seen the Daytona entries, but this is much better than the end of 2016 was for that class.

Yeah agreed, there was plenty of chance for home built GS cars and the takers dropped and dropped.

GT4 is clearly what the owners want and they create great racing so fine by me

Old 12 Jan 2017, 17:02 (Ref:3702135)   #37
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Yeah agreed, there was plenty of chance for home built GS cars and the takers dropped and dropped.

GT4 is clearly what the owners want and they create great racing so fine by me
Well - new rule sets often bring new enthusiasm and a boom in entry numbers - the question is if it is a sustainable one. I think it'll be two or three years before we can really say if adding GT4 helped the series or not. For now it seems to be working, but the cost of running a full season with the GT4s will only really become apparent come October.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3703426)   #38
jjvincent
Racer

For Daytona:
GS - 20
ST - 20
Total Caymans: 19

2016:
GS - 8
ST - 29

http://sportscarchallenge.imsa.com/s..._entrylist.pdf
Old 18 Jan 2017, 22:23 (Ref:3703434)   #39
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
For Daytona:
GS - 20
ST - 20
Total Caymans: 19

2016:
GS - 8
ST - 29

http://sportscarchallenge.imsa.com/s..._entrylist.pdf

Great spread

Old 22 Jan 2017, 00:57 (Ref:3704155)   #40
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Great entry, first discovered this series after the GA-ALMS merger and love the racing, but obviously last year was a disappointing one; luckily seems to be on a big up again this year. Hope we see the Camaro join in later in the season too.
Old 26 Jan 2017, 13:43 (Ref:3705218)   #41
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
More Mustangs on the way: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/k...-to-ctsc-grid/
Old 27 Jan 2017, 17:14 (Ref:3705607)   #42
Cheyne
Racer

United States
Warrenton, VA
Cheyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No video for today's race? On the IMSA TV site all I can find is radio only.
Old 27 Jan 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3705608)   #43
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyne View Post
There is a stream here.
http://multimedia.netstorage.imsa.co...ans/index.html

For some reason the IMSA.TV page has no stream.
Old 27 Jan 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3705609)   #44
Cheyne
Racer

United States
Warrenton, VA
Cheyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
There is a stream here.
http://multimedia.netstorage.imsa.co...ans/index.html

For some reason the IMSA.TV page has no stream.
I found in all my machines that Chrome didn't work, but Explorer did. I pasted the link from Explorer into Chrome and it worked.

Cheyne
Old 27 Jan 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3705658)   #45
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyne View Post
race came here... http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live/imsa/weathertech

qualy and some practise too
Old 31 Jan 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3708106)   #46
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Daytona data http://nasportscar.com/2017-ctscc-da...lysis-daytona/
Old 31 Jan 2017, 16:16 (Ref:3708118)   #47
Bcarr6
Veteran

Anyone know when the race is likely to go on YouTube?

Old 31 Jan 2017, 16:35 (Ref:3708128)   #48
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
After its TV air-date.