Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Nov 2009, 11:08 (Ref:2578828)   #26
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
but why not just have them all on 4 jacks to make it easy, reduces the risk of error by both those doing the work and by those observing keep it simple
Old 9 Nov 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2578830)   #27
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
but why not just have them all on 4 jacks to make it easy, reduces the risk of error by both those doing the work and by those observing keep it simple
Because the rule is to stop the car driving away.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 11:18 (Ref:2578839)   #28
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heres an even easier rule change. Get rid of the valves that allow the jacks to be changed from 2 to 4. Plug the air line in, 4 wheels go up, simple. Leaves less room for error like we saw on the weekend.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2578849)   #29
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
My bad on the title, I didn't realise so many people would get confused. I'll have a mod edit it to 'refuelling car in the air rule' so the 'slower' members of the community can understand what i was saying (which was clearly posted 6 times anyway)

I know the rule is in effect now, my point was, why on earth should a car be penalised for the risk of driving away, if its drive wheels are off the ground? Its impossible........So the rule should be changed.

I'd love to know how allowing the car to have just the rears off the ground would be any harder to police, its pretty ****in obvious to me when the car is off the ground (if anything it would be MORE obvious with just the rears off, therefore easier to police, cause the car would be on a slant)

Just cause you disagree with the wording of the thread title, doesn't mean you should discount the text in the post

I didn't object to the wording of the thread title or discount the text in the post. I merely responded to your request for "peoples opinions & thoughts" on the topic.

We understand all to well what you were saying & what you meant, however, calling other members of the forum 'slow' isn't advancing the discussion (or your reputation)!

Obviously none of us 'KNOWS' why this (or some other) rules exist. You asked for 'opinions' & 'thoughts' on the reason for the rule. Some have offered suggestions on why they think it may be. You think you know better, but we don't expect, or deserve to be belittled by the likes of you!

Have you got a link to your claim that the sole 'purpose' of the rule is "to stop the car driving away."? or have you thought of asking V8SC??

I thought not!

Last edited by ForumNick; 9 Nov 2009 at 11:51. Reason: sp
Old 9 Nov 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2578857)   #30
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I asked for thoughts on should the rule be changed, nothing to do with the reason for the rule (as i already know the answer to that)

Also I couldn't care what 'rep' I have. I speak my mind, and that usually offends people who don't like hearing the truth. Comes with the territory

Also, you still didn't answer the earthing question. Would there be a greater risk by having only 2 of the jacks down? I thought not!
Old 9 Nov 2009, 23:58 (Ref:2579244)   #31
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stealthy, chill out mate. You titled the thread, you got answers to the title. Perhaps some people need to stop and think before hitting 'Send' rather than just posting the first thing that comes into their head.

Since you're being uncivil about it, thread closed. Everyone, please remember this is supposed to be a discussion site, not an argument site. People are allowed their own opinion however much you may disagree with it.