Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Mar 2013, 03:47 (Ref:3214337)   #226
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Racer View Post
Got home last night (late) from Adelaide. Arrived noonish thursday at the track soon after. The whole event was fantastic (as usual) all the support races were good to watch and the main event was not to be missed. This was our 5th clipsal and the best one yet. The crowd huge and I put it down to the new manufacturers it has created renewed interest from the public. I know there are some who think it should be just holden and ford but it was becoming boring to the casual observer and also to some of us seasoned watchers last year i wasnt worried if i saw the races or not and quite often found other things to do ( that may have had something to do with TV3s coverage) ( but thats for another thread). i do have a question to some one who watched the sky coverage here in NZ. Was/is it worth getting sky, was the coverage ok good or lousy let me know. Fantastic drive by the gis hope it continues
The coverage was great, you wont be disappointed.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 04:14 (Ref:3214343)   #227
thetormentor
Racer

Australia
Central Coast NSW
thetormentor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those that watched the coverage on Sky, what did they do between qualifying and the Races ?
Old 5 Mar 2013, 04:51 (Ref:3214349)   #228
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetormentor View Post
For those that watched the coverage on Sky, what did they do between qualifying and the Races ?
If I recall, it was a mix of regular programming, replays of previous races and qualifying sessions (they showed a full replay of race one prior to race two), and also V8xtra on the Sunday came on before race two.

I enjoyed it Pretty much no complaints from me. I do wonder whether the smaller events on the calender will receive the same treatment though. Adelaide is probably one of the highest rating events on the calender. Will be interesting to see if events like Barbagello also get a full 3 day treatment.

Last edited by HProject; 5 Mar 2013 at 04:57.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 07:31 (Ref:3214389)   #229
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Sadly not (he says, typing away waiting for a flight to Brisbane!) as I go back to the beautiful warm and sunny UK on Saturday.

It'll be two years at least until I get back over here
I meant because you saw the glitziest event on the calendar. Queensland raceway is a lot more downtrodden.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3214710)   #230
Retired Racer
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Retired Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the recomendations guys it looks like I will be getting sky.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 05:38 (Ref:3214904)   #231
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
As a blue blooded Ford man, I think FPR can re name the team Fked Pitstops Regulary.

Just can not belive it happens all the time.

Welcome to the 2013 V8Commodore cup Series
I must have missed the Commodore Cup support race you refer to.

Can't believe I missed the " F-----Pitstops Regularly joke.
Gold, TSR, pure gold.

Not content with shooting themselves in the foot, fpr went back to the ammo locker for another clip. Priceless.

New cars, new season, same old fpr.

And for the life of me, I can't understand how Jaggedit Crashney dodged a penalty. He deserved one.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3214984)   #232
Speedwayracer44
Rookie

Speedwayracer44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all. Who was the V8SC DSO for the weekend? Just got back from being away, watched the coverage and before firing off need to check the facts.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3215008)   #233
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cameron McConville.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3215233)   #234
Speedwayracer44
Rookie

Speedwayracer44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well now I understand. HRT obviously still have him on the pay roll. GT's effort in qually on Fabian was shocking and even more his reply. What a jerk. Then you have JC's two efforts in R2 and he got away with the move on McLaughlin, one of them started the push and shove into turn 1 as well. Tanders move on McLauglin was marginal and he paid the price.
Obviously very desperate, no wonder they are losing supporters.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 04:41 (Ref:3215375)   #235
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwayracer44 View Post
Well now I understand. HRT obviously still have him on the pay roll. GT's effort in qually on Fabian was shocking and even more his reply. What a jerk. Then you have JC's two efforts in R2 and he got away with the move on McLaughlin, one of them started the push and shove into turn 1 as well. Tanders move on McLauglin was marginal and he paid the price.
Obviously very desperate, no wonder they are losing supporters.
GT did nothing wrong in Qually. If FC cant comprehend the drivers breifings (although its been a gentlemans agreement for a long time now) then thats his problem.

Does anyone know if notso(bright) got a penalty for taking out half the field in R2?
Old 7 Mar 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3215466)   #236
b195
Rookie

b195 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Does anyone know if Bright got a penalty for taking out half the field in R2?
15 points, which as I said in the judicial thread, seemed like a fairly light penalty considering IIRC last year the MINIMUM was generally 25 points for a post-race points penalty.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 21:58 (Ref:3215750)   #237
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b195 View Post
15 points, which as I said in the judicial thread, seemed like a fairly light penalty considering IIRC last year the MINIMUM was generally 25 points for a post-race points penalty.
That was last year though - as long as that penalty is consistent this year. then at least people know where they stand.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 03:26 (Ref:3215833)   #238
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
That was last year though - as long as that penalty is consistent this year. then at least people know where they stand.
Are you willing to bet your house on consistancy this year? I sure aint!
Old 8 Mar 2013, 05:00 (Ref:3215840)   #239
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Are you willing to bet your house on consistancy this year? I sure aint!
Nah - I wouldn't even bet a couple of bucks on it. With no IO by the sound of it, there's a real chance of ending up back in the days of minimal consistency.

My point was that you look at each season for consistency - what happened last year or 4 years ago has no bearing really.

It's only been one race meeting but going back to a structure that provided little real consistency is not a smart move IMO.