Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Mar 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3962743)   #241
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I'd take Bernie's word over Mr Carey's as an enthusiast, a marketer and businessman any day. Time Carey and company did something instead of just paying lip service to everything. Liberty have added less than nothing so far!
CVC & Bernie did a bang up job of loading F1 with debt before selling it.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 13:05 (Ref:3962769)   #242
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
My question to all the critics is, what are the actual mistakes or sins that BE made?
Oh my! I am not going to get sucked down that rat hole. That dead horse is well beaten. In this thread as well as many others.

Richard
Old 10 Mar 2020, 13:45 (Ref:3962781)   #243
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Bernie thought too much of money in the end, which no doubt didnít help F1 in terms of the bigger picture. Itís hard to get back to what we had before, but hopefully we can see enough changes so that it can get back on track in the long term in terms of the racing/fan side
Old 10 Mar 2020, 14:38 (Ref:3962787)   #244
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Oh my! I am not going to get sucked down that rat hole. That dead horse is well beaten. In this thread as well as many others.

Richard
haha i'm not sure can resist.

BE was great for a long time and a wonderful character. a proper promoter and no one can take that away but the last decade or so of his tenure i believe was marked with uncertainty and an unwillingness to stand up to the manus because without their names on the concorde agreement he couldnt sell F1. in the end he was an agent for a hedge fund looking to maximize its sale price.

but all in all i liked him.

i also like Liberty. a few things which i think they have got right:

- an acknowledgement of the importance of European and traditional circuits.
- a detailed plan on how to alleviate the dirty air/following problem (of course remains to be seen if it works or not)
- cost cap
- fairer distribution of funds to the teams
- better online platform including access to old races and the encouragement of more F1 themed content (netflix series in particular)
- quick adoption of 4K/UHD broadcast standards.

as someone who mainly consumes F1 via TV/internet i appreciate these things and as someone who watches a lot of other sports i support the notion of leveling the playing field.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3962809)   #245
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
actually going to take back those nice things i just said about FOM as i have just read about their sponsorship deal with Aramco.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...735848/?nrt=54

bad timing imo.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 08:34 (Ref:3962991)   #246
P38 in workshop
Racer

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[

BE was great for a long time and a wonderful character. a proper promoter and no one can take that away but the last decade or so of his tenure i believe was marked with uncertainty and an unwillingness to stand up to the manus because without their names on the concorde agreement he couldnt sell F1. in the end he was an agent for a hedge fund looking to maximize its sale price.

but all in all i liked him.

[/QUOTE]

This is the essence of the matter;for the last few years of his reign he was employed by CVC to effectively extract as much money as possible for their benefit.He succeeded.I seriously doubt that anybody else could have run such a complex business pretty much single handed.I hope he now has the time to enjoy the life that his prosperity should permit-while lobbing the odd hand grenade over the fence when its justified.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3963075)   #247
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
it really is rather remarkable that he basically ran the business side single handed. if he hadn't done it then i would have thought it couldnt be done.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3968291)   #248
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
beeing 89 isn't stopping Bernie it seems

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/113150...ossi-pregnant/
Old 2 Apr 2020, 19:18 (Ref:3968297)   #249
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Bernieís daughter is old enough to be the mother of his daughters from his second marriage who are old to be the mothers of this child from his current marriage...
Old 2 Apr 2020, 19:24 (Ref:3968299)   #250
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Bernieís daughter is old enough to be the mother of his daughters from his second marriage who are old to be the mothers of this child from his current marriage...

His oldest daughter is 21 years older than his current wife
Old 2 Apr 2020, 19:25 (Ref:3968300)   #251
S griffin
Veteran

I know that makes it even more weird. And sheís no spring chicken at 44
Old 2 Apr 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3968302)   #252
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A different article I saw on this said...

Quote:
Ecclestone is only a few years shy of the record for being the world’s oldest father, which is reportedly held by Indian former wrestler and farmer Ramjit Raghav who fathered a child at the grand old age of 96
BE, pushing the envelope as usual! Maybe in about 20 years or so BE will have his fourth wife and she will be pregnant with his next child. Never mind that he will be nearly 110 years old.

Richard
Old 2 Apr 2020, 19:31 (Ref:3968303)   #253
P38 in workshop
Racer

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wish them every happiness.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 19:33 (Ref:3968305)   #254
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't know he lived in S„o Paulo.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 03:10 (Ref:3968346)   #255
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reminds me of that joke:

An 89 year old man was having his annual checkup and the doctor asked him how he was feeling. "I've never been better!" he boasted. "I've got an eighteen year old bride who's pregnant and having my child! What do you think about that?"

The doctor considered this for a moment, then said, "Let me tell you a story. I knew a guy who was an avid hunter. He never missed a season.

But one day went out in a bit of a hurry and he accidentally grabbed his umbrella instead of his gun."

The doctor continued, "So he was in the woods and suddenly a grizzly bear appeared in front of him! He raised up his umbrella, pointed it at the bear and squeezed the handle." "And do you know what happened?" the doctor queried.

Dumbfounded, the old man replied "No."

The doctor continued, "The bear dropped dead in front of him!"

"That's impossible!" exclaimed the old man. "Someone else must have shot that bear."

"That's kind of what I'm getting at..." replied the doctor.