Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Mar 2020, 15:04 (Ref:3963472)   #31
Minicross424
Veteran
 
Minicross424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Posts: 1,428
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to this, what time does it start?
Minicross424 is offline  
__________________
Racing is life.
Everything else is just waiting.
Quote
Old 12 Mar 2020, 15:27 (Ref:3963483)   #32
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran
 
justracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
United Kingdom
West Sussex
Posts: 1,444
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Best Winter entry thus far, so I'll definitely be popping down. I wonder if the oval racing is running through the lunch break again?
Yes, by all accounts. Practice starts around 10:30am I think, just hope it's not bl..dy raining!
justracing is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Mar 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3963505)   #33
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,361
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Yes, by all accounts. Practice starts around 10:30am I think, just hope it's not bl..dy raining!
Lydden responded to a comment on Facebook saying that practice is at 9am and qualifying starts at 10.
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Mar 2020, 17:57 (Ref:3963537)   #34
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran
 
justracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
United Kingdom
West Sussex
Posts: 1,444
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Lydden responded to a comment on Facebook saying that practice is at 9am and qualifying starts at 10.
Yes sorry I meant qualifying, thanks for the info.
justracing is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Mar 2020, 18:42 (Ref:3963557)   #35
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,361
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Yes sorry I meant qualifying, thanks for the info.
No worries: nothing worse than turning up after it has already started!
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Mar 2020, 19:43 (Ref:3963585)   #36
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran
 
justracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
United Kingdom
West Sussex
Posts: 1,444
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
No worries: nothing worse than turning up after it has already started!
You have a head start on me from mid Surrey
justracing is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Mar 2020, 18:43 (Ref:3964385)   #37
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran
 
BertMk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Posts: 9,381
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Well I enjoyed that

Some cracking racing (and the Juniors starring again) - the rate of attrition seemed pretty high though, they were dropping like flies. Poor Fred Ling didn't even complete a lap before the Fiesta gave up (again) and Ovenden never got the DS3 running properly.

Good to see some of the Belgian drivers over again - they always add to the meetings and their cars are usually different to those we normally see (RWD Astra turbo anyone?).

So what do people think about the revived winter series? Success? The events I've been to (2 of them) have been good fun, hopefully it'll be back next winter.
BertMk2 is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Mar 2020, 18:53 (Ref:3964388)   #38
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran
 
justracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
United Kingdom
West Sussex
Posts: 1,444
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Well I enjoyed that
Me too, although my journey to and from the circuit proved to be a bit of a nightmare with the M23 being partially closed. Nevertheless an enjoyable day albeit in cold, blustery weather. Top marks to all concerned not the least of which were the competitors, some of whom had travelled quite a distance.
justracing is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Mar 2020, 21:36 (Ref:3964416)   #39
Stephen H
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
England
East Sussex
Posts: 960
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Always good to see entries from Belgium across and doing the Winter series, so miss not having a Belgium Championship round in the UK.

Thought the Rolling Thunder Oval Rallycross was back for the 4th Winter Series event? Certainly saw a post on Facebook for any interested drivers. Maybe too close to their start of season on the tarmac oval next week, or maybe the larger Rallycross entry meant there wasn't time?

Was confused by the over 1600cc class having a pt1 and pt2 final, and keeping the same cars together throughout heats and the final. Think Dan Wright explained, but I couldn't hear the commentary at that point.

And always good from spectators point of view, when there is a pass on the last lap of the last race of the day, for a podium position in the superfinal.

Fingers crossed for more of the same over winter 2020/21

Stephen H is offline  
__________________
RIP - WIMBLEDON STADIUM, and OVAL MOTORSPORT in the CAPITAL....
Quote
Old 16 Mar 2020, 10:33 (Ref:3964496)   #40
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,361
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Some cracking racing (and the Juniors starring again) - the rate of attrition seemed pretty high though, they were dropping like flies. Poor Fred Ling didn't even complete a lap before the Fiesta gave up (again) and Ovenden never got the DS3 running properly.
Fully agree on all points there. After seeing him having to retire whilst challenging for the lead twice now, I was hoping to see Fred have a better end to the day this time around: as you say he didn't even complete a lap!

Also a shame not to see Ovenden get to use his DS3. Guess it is better to have issues now than when the season is underway.

My pick of the racing would be the Juniors as well. There were some good battles in the other classes, but the Juniors were close throughout the day: and I thought they were very clean as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Good to see some of the Belgian drivers over again - they always add to the meetings and their cars are usually different to those we normally see (RWD Astra turbo anyone?).
I couldn't help but think that Astra looked faster than it actually was! Pity Jos Sterkens didn't get much track time, as I thought his Fiesta looked great as well.

Impressive speed from Steve Hill at times. There was more than one occasion where he was actually pulling Ollie in on the straights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So what do people think about the revived winter series? Success? The events I've been to (2 of them) have been good fun, hopefully it'll be back next winter.
I personally think they have been a success. For off season race events there have been enough cars present to justify the journey and, critically, we have got some decent racing out it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Me too, although my journey to and from the circuit proved to be a bit of a nightmare with the M23 being partially closed. Nevertheless an enjoyable day albeit in cold, blustery weather. Top marks to all concerned not the least of which were the competitors, some of whom had travelled quite a distance.
I didn't know about the M23 until I was about to join it! Thankfully it isn't a long way round for me to miss it. The weather was pretty testing in the morning, but I had pretty much dried out by the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
Thought the Rolling Thunder Oval Rallycross was back for the 4th Winter Series event? Certainly saw a post on Facebook for any interested drivers. Maybe too close to their start of season on the tarmac oval next week, or maybe the larger Rallycross entry meant there wasn't time?
Yeah, I was expecting to see the oval racing back as well as, like you, I read comments on Facebook suggesting they were looking for drivers. As it stands though, I think they would have struggled to fit them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
Was confused by the over 1600cc class having a pt1 and pt2 final, and keeping the same cars together throughout heats and the final. Think Dan Wright explained, but I couldn't hear the commentary at that point.
I only caught part of that: I wonder if it just came down to simplicity on the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
And always good from spectators point of view, when there is a pass on the last lap of the last race of the day, for a podium position in the superfinal.
Yeah: there wasn't much of a fight for first in the Super Final (I was actually betting on how many cars Ollie would lap), but there was some good racing behind. I hope the damage to the Stratos wasn't too bad!
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Mar 2020, 21:08 (Ref:3964716)   #41
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran
 
BertMk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Posts: 9,381
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
A few pics from Saturday - not a great day behind the lens
Attached Thumbnails
super3.JPG   mod1.JPG   twin4.JPG  

mod4.JPG   retro4.JPG   super1.JPG  

BertMk2 is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Mar 2020, 08:16 (Ref:3964805)   #42
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,361
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
A few pics from Saturday - not a great day behind the lens
It certainly wasn't the best conditions for standing and taking pictures!

Nice angle at the bottom of the hill. And nice sideways moment from Ollie there!
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Mar 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3965974)   #43
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,361
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apologies for the double post, but I just got around to uploading some pictures from last weekend...









...few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57713563717266

For anyone interested.

Fingers crossed we won't have to wait too long before we get to see more rallycross this year.
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Mar 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3966029)   #44
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran
 
BertMk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Posts: 9,381
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Fingers crossed we won't have to wait too long before we get to see more rallycross this year.
Nice pics - you can really see just how awful the weather was first thing.

I'm thinking the next rallycross we'll see could well be the winter series.
BertMk2 is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Mar 2020, 13:52 (Ref:3966132)   #45
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,361
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'm thinking the next rallycross we'll see could well be the winter series.
I hope this isn't the case, though I am expecting things to get worse before they get better.
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DTRC Lydden Hill 7th October chezza National & Club Racing 159 19 Oct 2006 22:38
Quaife MSA British Rallycross Championship Lydden Hill Results ebby Rallying & Rallycross 49 28 Apr 2006 20:19
Lydden Hill CTCRC Aug 7th and 8th zefarelly Racers Forum 68 11 Aug 2004 20:54
British Rallycross @ Lydden Hill Peter S Rallying & Rallycross 24 19 Apr 2003 12:21


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.