Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jan 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3951902)   #16
geordiecriag101
Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Posts: 401
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I asked Andy Scott when he was doing the first round of the MSN Circuit Rally Championship at Oulton Park back in November last year if they still had any RX supercars laying around and he said they had 1 left, not sure if that was one of the originals or the new build one from 2018. Hopefully they can find the budget to run again this year.
geordiecriag101 is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Jan 2020, 14:09 (Ref:3951948)   #17
hoffman66
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 136
hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I presume he has given up on rallycross then?

Nice one IMG, another man lost to the sport who was instrumental in your involvement!!
hoffman66 is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Jan 2020, 17:00 (Ref:3951964)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,362
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Good question - I'm assuming Albatec still have them, I've not heard any plans from them for this season though. Do they also still have the 306?
That is what I assumed as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
I asked Andy Scott when he was doing the first round of the MSN Circuit Rally Championship at Oulton Park back in November last year if they still had any RX supercars laying around and he said they had 1 left, not sure if that was one of the originals or the new build one from 2018. Hopefully they can find the budget to run again this year.
...very surprised to read they have got shot of everything (including the 306?). As you say I assume they held onto the 2018 car, as I think that was the one that Higgins ran at Silverstone last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
if the Clio stays idle then Supernational should be more competitive.
Agreed. As much as I love the sight and sound of that Clio, it has been too dominant in the hands of Ovenden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Nice to see a good piece of news for BRX, Ovenden is a canny driver so be interesting to see how he gets on with the DS3, hopefully its a bit more reliable and not as fragile as it has been in past.
I wonder who is running the car? Will LD Motorsport run it, or will Tristan have his own team on the spanners?
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 19 Jan 2020, 19:13 (Ref:3952337)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran
 
BertMk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Posts: 9,395
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Did anyone go to Lydden for the latest round of the winter series? I saw a few bits and pieces on social media but again Lydden didn't seem to be publicising it very well. Is there another round to come for the winter series?
BertMk2 is offline  
Quote
Old 20 Jan 2020, 19:25 (Ref:3952488)   #20
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,362
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Did anyone go to Lydden for the latest round of the winter series? I saw a few bits and pieces on social media but again Lydden didn't seem to be publicising it very well. Is there another round to come for the winter series?
I went Bert. Similar turnout to the November meet plus they added in an hour of oval racing during the lunch break and another hour in the evening.

Few decent races, though Ovenden went (largely) unchallenged in the Clio V6: Ling was hanging onto him during the final, but he had issues (again) and retired. Not as many European drivers this time round, which was a shame.

There is one more Winter round to come on a yet to be announced date (probably around the 22nd?). I am hoping we might see a few Championship challengers use it for testing.
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 20 Jan 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3952489)   #21
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran
 
BertMk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Posts: 9,395
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I went Bert. Similar turnout to the November meet plus they added in an hour of oval racing during the lunch break and another hour in the evening.
Adding the oval racing is a good shout if it makes the meetings viable - not something I watch regularly but as a 'now and again' it's interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Few decent races, though Ovenden went (largely) unchallenged in the Clio V6: Ling was hanging onto him during the final, but he had issues (again) and retired. Not as many European drivers this time round, which was a shame.
Lings Fiesta looks to have some pace but it does seem fragile, hopefully he gets that sorted. Hopefully there will be some more of the Europeans at the next one, they always add something to the meetings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
There is one more Winter round to come on a yet to be announced date (probably around the 22nd?). I am hoping we might see a few Championship challengers use it for testing.
March 14th was the date I heard for the next round - maybe a good pre-season test for people?
BertMk2 is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Jan 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3952560)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,362
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Adding the oval racing is a good shout if it makes the meetings viable - not something I watch regularly but as a 'now and again' it's interesting.
Fully agree: it was entertaining to watch for an hour, but I wouldn't go specifically to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Lings Fiesta looks to have some pace but it does seem fragile, hopefully he gets that sorted. Hopefully there will be some more of the Europeans at the next one, they always add something to the meetings.
I was really surprised by Ling last year. The first time I saw him in that Fiesta he was languishing at the back, the car seems so much quicker now: just need it to hold together for a whole day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
March 14th was the date I heard for the next round - maybe a good pre-season test for people?
Could well be: I was assuming a month(ish) on from the January date, but moving to March should mean that winter rebuilds are complete?
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3953307)   #23
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,362
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Few pictures from Lydden last weekend:







Few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57712830920083

If anyone is interested.
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jan 2020, 22:48 (Ref:3953573)   #24
geordiecriag101
Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Posts: 401
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers for those Steve, hopefully i'll get to the last of the winters meetings and as said above, hopefully sum of the season regualrs come out to play and treat it as a test day
geordiecriag101 is offline  
Quote
Old 27 Jan 2020, 08:11 (Ref:3953965)   #25
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,362
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Cheers for those Steve, hopefully i'll get to the last of the winters meetings and as said above, hopefully sum of the season regualrs come out to play and treat it as a test day
Yeah, I have got my fingers crossed that we see some Championship contenders on the entry (especially some Supercars!).
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 29 Jan 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3954366)   #26
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran
 
justracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
United Kingdom
West Sussex
Posts: 1,449
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
14th March confirmed at Lydden
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX
justracing is online now  
Quote
Old 29 Jan 2020, 10:18 (Ref:3954375)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran
 
BertMk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Posts: 9,395
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Excellent, hopefully there'll be a decent entry for this
BertMk2 is offline  
Quote
Old 29 Jan 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3954396)   #28
leonidas
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
England
Coventry
Posts: 1,279
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news. I hope they stick with the winter series and make a bigger effort to market it next year.

There is very little circuit motorsport in the UK between November and March - there is a massive gap rallycross could fill for both spectators and participants.
leonidas is offline  
Quote
Old 2 Feb 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3955333)   #29
hoffman66
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 136
hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw Rob Gibson's name all over that red and white RS200 that never seems to race anywhere? Has he gone rogue?
hoffman66 is offline  
Quote
Old 2 Feb 2020, 20:20 (Ref:3955345)   #30
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,362
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Saw Rob Gibson's name all over that red and white RS200 that never seems to race anywhere? Has he gone rogue?
Gone rogue? Shirley is still running the Retros and it looks like there will be some Group B cars running at a few of the British rounds this year, so hopefully the Metro will be out.

The red and white car is an Evo200 (replica) that used to belong to Bill Watson. Rob has owned it for at least a year now, Bill did a couple of demo laps at Lydden (think it was 2017), never seen Rob use it in anger.
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
World Rallycross Championship 2020 tbtstt Rallying & Rallycross 137 25 May 2020 01:02
British GT 2020 BertMk2 Sportscar & GT Racing 109 16 May 2020 11:18
British RallyCross R8 Croft / British RallyCross GP geordiecriag101 Rallying & Rallycross 16 13 Oct 2015 21:15
MSA British Rallycross Championship - Round 1 / Belgian Rallycross Championship B Friendly Marshals Needed 2 15 Mar 2011 16:22


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 22:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.