Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2020, 19:27 (Ref:3965633)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy 2.0 View Post
Perhaps in future there will be greater protections for these things. You would hope so.
Hang on. We don't know where we are yet. We got our tickets from the reputable sellers - I think the ACM - and I fully anticipate a 100% refund. We only need greater protection if we don't get our money back.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 19 Mar 2020, 19:59 (Ref:3965635)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Hang on. We don't know where we are yet. We got our tickets from the reputable sellers - I think the ACM - and I fully anticipate a 100% refund. We only need greater protection if we don't get our money back.

OK, cool. I just meant generally really and for things like travel and hotels.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 20:33 (Ref:3965641)   #18
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
We're pretty well served. I've had an email from Premier Inn who I use for business hotels, and they'll issue refunds on even "no refund" bookings. Hilton promised me the same when I cancelled for this weekend although I haven't seen it yet. But I expect they're a little busy!

We haven't had any news on our apartment rental for Monaco yet, bit we may try and keep that in case the airline's start flying again.

Old 19 Mar 2020, 21:08 (Ref:3965649)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Sad day, no Monaco on the calendar if the season does happen. Maybe we wonít notice itís absence, but I doubt, Monaco is more than just a GP, itís a great occasion
Old 19 Mar 2020, 21:10 (Ref:3965650)   #20
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So far I haven't lost any money at all on a raft of cancelled bookings. All hotels cancelled or moved for free, car hire cancelled for free, airport parking refunded, flights either refunded or moved for free, tickets either refunded or good for revised dates. I'm not even £1 down.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3965741)   #21
Aysedasi
Staying at Home
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's really good news. Well done!

Now 153 and still counting (hopefully.....)
Old 20 Mar 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3965848)   #22
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
So far I haven't lost any money at all on a raft of cancelled bookings. All hotels cancelled or moved for free, car hire cancelled for free, airport parking refunded, flights either refunded or moved for free, tickets either refunded or good for revised dates. I'm not even £1 down.
yeah, really well done!
Old 20 Mar 2020, 19:36 (Ref:3965890)   #23
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm much the same - my race club (CSCC) are refunding entries in full, most of my accommodation bookings are through booking.com and are refundable, some others are with Premier and they (as above) are being flexible, and Stena line that I'm booked to travel with to Holland are similarly offering changes or credits/refunds.

May have to husband some of this money saved to help out people whose livelihood is hit by this........
Old 17 May 2020, 14:40 (Ref:3976757)   #24
Robert
Racer

Robert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone got a refund on their tickets yet?
Old 20 May 2020, 11:20 (Ref:3977310)   #25
Robert
Racer

I got my refund today.
Old 21 May 2020, 18:51 (Ref:3977595)   #26
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I got my refund today.
Rather poignant, since today is the day you were excitedly looking forward to when you started the thread.
Old 23 May 2020, 11:14 (Ref:3977863)   #27
Robert
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Rather poignant, since today is the day you were excitedly looking forward to when you started the thread.
Indeed. And if I ever get my money back from the cruise company I'll book for next year or the year after.
Old 23 May 2020, 13:29 (Ref:3977876)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Just a shame you had to miss out. Hope you get to back there again sometime soon, maybe next year, after missing out this year
Old 25 May 2020, 05:50 (Ref:3978174)   #29
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This time three years ago I was there for the GP, it's a tad depressing looking back now especially knowing there currently isn't any racing on