Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Feb 2020, 22:12 (Ref:3955753)   #16
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ma Qinghua has had to quarantine himself in order to take part in the next formula e race, so yes itís a problem. I canít see f1 racing there before the autumn, and trying to fit it in will likely be difficult as the calendarís congested already.
Old 4 Feb 2020, 23:14 (Ref:3955758)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
As Zandvoort is the round after China how about getting back to.Europe early for a 'European GP' at Donington?!

Oh god I hadn't realised how ironic that would be and a highly unlikely event title for a UK race..
(Being from the other side of the world the Brexit connection didn't sink in first read!)
Old 5 Feb 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3955860)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Ma being in quarantine shows how serious this situation is. F1 needs to decide when to have a deadline on making a decision I would say.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 11:57 (Ref:3955867)   #19
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
could the quarantine affect cargo?

air cargo flights canceled, staff shortages, workers quarantined etc...on top of everything else, i imagine there is a supply chain nightmare going on.
I depend on the supply chain from China and put two orders in today, if we don't get the components ordered there will be lay offs happening. It is inevitable that the race will not go ahead, one contact in China has told me that the absolute earliest they are allowed to go back to work is the 11th of Feb and they are about a 1,000 kms away from the centre of the disease. He was of the opinion that date will be put back even further.

The compounding issue is that a huge proportion of the Chinese population migrate back to the country from the major cities for the Chinese New Year and it seems that the govt is trying to prevent those people travelling back to the Cities for work by simply closing down the industries.

Qantas yesterday put a two month embargo on any Chinese destination which has guaranteed that Australia will suffer a huge hit along for the tourist industry in particular along with returning students for the new year of University study. There are thousands of students stranded in China and not able to return.

If the race was to go ahead and one of the leading drivers was to get the virus I think the subsequent legal action by that team would be interesting seeing as they were forced to go to China by the promoters. It would be an intolerable position for Liberty to even think about holding it.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 12:04 (Ref:3955874)   #20
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
F1 needs to decide when to have a deadline on making a decision I would say.
Or maybe skip the first decision, and just make a decision.

Old 5 Feb 2020, 17:04 (Ref:3955948)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think it is looking very doubtful and to be honest othe races in that region could also be in doubt
Old 5 Feb 2020, 17:25 (Ref:3955957)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Or maybe skip the first decision, and just make a decision.

I mean not leave it too late to make a decision. Make sure the decision is made with good time, while monitoring the decision in the meantime
Old 5 Feb 2020, 18:30 (Ref:3955972)   #23
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I mean not leave it too late to make a decision. Make sure the decision is made with good time, while monitoring the decision in the meantime
As long as there's an actual decision in there somewhere, and not just endless deliberation.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 18:36 (Ref:3955973)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was meant to be a meeting of the Strategy Group today but so far nothing.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 18:40 (Ref:3955974)   #25
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
There was meant to be a meeting of the Strategy Group today but so far nothing.
I think they need to plan a better strategy to decide on when they are having meetings. Perhaps they should come together as a group?
Old 5 Feb 2020, 18:41 (Ref:3955975)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think they need to plan a better strategy to decide on when they are having meetings. Perhaps they should come together as a group?
Old 5 Feb 2020, 20:02 (Ref:3955996)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
coming together as a group is how diseases spread.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3956000)   #28
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
It would be lunacy to adopt a wait and see, the virus is still on the spread, and so really there is no point holding off.

As the calendar is 22 races this season, if China drops, I doubt the teams and their staff would be heart broken over an extra week or 2 at home base ahead of the start of the European season with the Dutch-Spanish double header.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 21:03 (Ref:3956005)   #29
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
It would be lunacy to adopt a wait and see, the virus is still on the spread, and so really there is no point holding off.
I was looking at new infection rates in China earlier. It seems that it is not as high as earlier, but seems to be a roughly consistent 20% increase over the past handful of days. Sadly, it seems it will not stop anytime soon. And if they are locking things down (travel), I can't see them opening it up until things have truly reversed.

If there is no decision that comes out from today, I suspect it was lack of information within F1 as to impacts of making a decision. Such as... can we wait X days and the cost of not doing it will be roughly the same? Which I understand that logic if it goes that way. No doubt a committee will be formed!

But as I (and you) say above, the key driver is that things are getting worse and even if it was to magically slow, it will likely be weeks (if not longer) for any thawing of travel lock downs. Which means, it "should" be an easy decision to say "It is cancelled".

Richard
Old 5 Feb 2020, 21:09 (Ref:3956008)   #30
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting twitter thread...

https://twitter.com/ChinaF1Journo/st...12969257115648

A translation of the orig Chinese content is shown deeper in the thread. As best as I can tell, Shanghai authorities are halting any sporting activities until the epidemic is over. I would assume that "over" means deep into the backside of the curve of new infections (which is nowhere in sight).

The decision may not lie with F1.

Richard