Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Feb 2020, 15:38 (Ref:3956442)   #46
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was more let’s not stray into suggesting that the people in the sport are uncaring and acting in a cynical way to a serious real world problem. The might even make the wrong choices, but that would be more to do with poor information. Of course they might even want to reduce exposure, but to suggest that this comes before people demonstrates more about us than them I feel.

Just sticking up for people
Old 8 Feb 2020, 17:21 (Ref:3956458)   #47
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I would imagine that the FIA and Liberty accept that it will not take place and behind the scenes it is a question of whether it is postponement or cancellation.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 8 Feb 2020, 17:46 (Ref:3956460)   #48
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It was more letís not stray into suggesting that the people in the sport are uncaring and acting in a cynical way to a serious real world problem. The might even make the wrong choices, but that would be more to do with poor information. Of course they might even want to reduce exposure, but to suggest that this comes before people demonstrates more about us than them I feel.

Just sticking up for people
ah fair fair.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 08:05 (Ref:3956712)   #49
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just had an email from my supplier in China saying the factory opening has been put back a week and I must say I am not surprised. Whether this is a good indicator of how things are going or not I don't know.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 08:37 (Ref:3956718)   #50
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
They have probably erred on the side of caution and are right to let you know, it's a tricky situation. It's a big crisis at the moment, let's hope all is sorted in time
Old 12 Feb 2020, 11:50 (Ref:3957203)   #51
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's been postponed, unsurprisingly:

Twitter

FIA Website
Old 12 Feb 2020, 12:00 (Ref:3957208)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not a big surprise but we will have to wait until the virus situation is clearer before they can even think about a new date
Old 12 Feb 2020, 12:37 (Ref:3957217)   #53
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Not a big surprise but we will have to wait until the virus situation is clearer before they can even think about a new date
Realistically is there a gap they can slot it in to anywhere in the calendar? Or is "postponed" really just "cancelled" by another name?
Old 12 Feb 2020, 12:44 (Ref:3957219)   #54
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think "cancelled" might be closer to the truth as the situation is not improving and they have different priorities at the moment
Old 12 Feb 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3957222)   #55
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and the calendar is pretty busy as it is - last time a race was postponed (bahrain during the arab spring, or whatever the more politically correct name is) they couldn't fit it in.
Old 12 Feb 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3957229)   #56
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little break for the drivers and the teams before moving back to Europe, can be very crucial for R&Ds.
Old 12 Feb 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3957259)   #57
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
given the circumstances, its the right decision...but almost a full month between Vietnam and Zandvoort. thats more then a little break.

probably too late to find another venue for that date. maybe schedule a test or some other fan experience type event to fill the gap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Realistically is there a gap they can slot it in to anywhere in the calendar? Or is "postponed" really just "cancelled" by another name?
if things improve, between Russia and Japan or Japan and US? the importance of the Chinese market may be enough to convince the teams to make it work.
Old 12 Feb 2020, 15:52 (Ref:3957264)   #58
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I think the Chinese have more to worry about than the slotting the GP back in...
Old 12 Feb 2020, 16:04 (Ref:3957266)   #59
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice has a real shot at the podium!coppice has a real shot at the podium!coppice has a real shot at the podium!coppice has a real shot at the podium!coppice has a real shot at the podium!
Hear hear, I cant say that I will shed any tears about a GP that is towards the bottom of my 'must see 'list. But the current crisis puts such trivia as a Grand Prix into the right perspective - and it may be one of the few occasions when F1 acknowledged a real world problem, apart from the odd bout of virtue signalling black armbands that is. It's never been over fussed about people being banged up without trial and /or tortured in some countries it visits .
Old 12 Feb 2020, 16:07 (Ref:3957267)   #60
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
of course fair and true, but with all due respect, it is also true that at all times all countries in the world have more important things to worry about then F1 races.

just speaking for myself, i dont see whats wrong about speculating about life returning to normal in the future nor do i see speculating about a future date as insensitive to what is currently happening.