Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Sep 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3299418)   #1
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
24 Hours of Barcelona

After the traditional, yet once more dissapointing, 24-hour race at Zolder last weekend, it's time for one of the newest twice around the clock events this Saturday, the Creventic-organized 24 hours of Barcelona, this one boasting a proper 61 car entry list.

Website

Entry List

Schedule

Circuit Information

Weather

Timing and Scoring

Twitter Feed

Facebook Page

What I really like about this race is the old-school vibe i get from the entry list: The number of cars that can realistically go for the overall win is rather small, with only 6 GT3 cars entered, but that very fact opens the door for giant killing performances by cars from the nominally slower classes. It should be very interesting to see, who can make their way into the Top10 come Sunday morning.

Only major downside: No live video, and AFAIK no live audio, either.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3299465)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is a good number of cars there, almost like a mini N24.....almost...
Old 5 Sep 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3299497)   #3
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forgot about the Zolder 24 this year.

Good entry for Barcelona. I think a well driven cup car will have a realistic chance at a overall victory.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3299499)   #4
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
I forgot about the Zolder 24 this year.
Trust me, you are better off for it... for me it's like this:

Every year they talk about putting 40 cars on the grid and every year I get my hopes up... this year, they ended up with 21.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3299516)   #5
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where's official flyer? I mean, how much €€€€.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3299530)   #6
Nick6
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Trust me, you are better off for it... for me it's like this:

Every year they talk about putting 40 cars on the grid and every year I get my hopes up... this year, they ended up with 21.
I remember either last season or the year prior, I read over the regulations and they had classes for CN prototypes, Lotus 7 like cars and even youngtimer's!
Old 5 Sep 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3299536)   #7
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
Where's official flyer? I mean, how much €€€€.
For spectators it's free....

Last edited by Speed-King; 5 Sep 2013 at 16:41.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3299648)   #8
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Thanx!.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3299674)   #9
123pnz
Rookie

123pnz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL! Aleix and Pol Espargaró join with a Renault Clio.

Old 7 Sep 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3300140)   #10
Speed-King
Veteran

A little over half an hour in the books and Stephan Mücke is doing what he does best, currently enjoying over a minute advantage over the nearest oppossition, the DeLorenzi SLS...

Apparently the race was started in the wet, but the track is now drying.

A stand alone version of the timing and scoring can be found here: http://lt2.alkamelsystems.com/index....0-5ece84327ed2
Old 7 Sep 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3300184)   #11
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
A little over half an hour in the books and Stephan Mücke is doing what he does best, currently enjoying over a minute advantage over the nearest oppossition, the DeLorenzi SLS...
four laps, one straight of advantage... with Senna and Mucke, Barwell has "Purchased" the win xD

Sadly , I missed any ferrari, but there were 5 GT3 cars.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3300188)   #12
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
four laps, one straight of advantage... with Senna and Mucke, Barwell has "Purchased" the win xD

Sadly , I missed any ferrari, but there were 5 GT3 cars.
What they couldn't buy apparently was luck... 14 laps down now. Just came back home so I haven't found out yet, if it was a mechanical problem or an accident.

Kenneth Heyer put his SLS in the gravel trap as well and is losing lap after lap... I am not sure, if a GT3 will actually win this.

Monlau Competicion has their little Seat all the way up to 7th place by now.

Last edited by Speed-King; 7 Sep 2013 at 14:43.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3300191)   #13
Nick6
Racer

United States
Already have a non-GT3 car in the top 3.

#40 Seat is having a strong run.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3300193)   #14
Speed-King
Veteran

Heyer appears to be lapping again... let's see if he can run down the Ruffier 997 Cup.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3300196)   #15
Stagger Lee
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stagger Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To say that Mucke is on a charge right now is an understatement. Roughly 5 seconds a lap faster than the leader.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3300240)   #16
Speed-King
Veteran

So Hofor is back in third, but Barwell seem to be unable to gain a lot of ground on the leaders, still 14 laps down.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 19:06 (Ref:3300250)   #17
Speed-King
Veteran

Barwell just can't catch a break.... they had finally won back a lap over the leaders when they had a water leak in the radiator.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3300292)   #18
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I just had a look, and wondered if you'd made a spelling mistake, seeing as that's now 41 laps down.
Here's hoping for a bit of a comeback...
Old 7 Sep 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3300299)   #19
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I just had a look, and wondered if you'd made a spelling mistake, seeing as that's now 41 laps down.
Here's hoping for a bit of a comeback...
Went down fourteen earlier... got one back eventually, but then had to pit with the radiator leak, which cost them about an hour... so yeah, 42 laps down now.

Too bad... seeing them come back from the 14 laps deficit would have been rather spectacular.

I'm off to bed, let's see who'll be left by the time I get up tomorrow...
Old 8 Sep 2013, 06:55 (Ref:3300390)   #20
Speed-King
Veteran

Lots of casualties during the night, including the leading Stadler Porsche that went out of the race with a blown engine.

The only surviving GT3 at the Top is the Hofor SLS followed by the Ruffier 997 Cup and one of the NOVA Race Ginettas.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3300405)   #21
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do you have any info on Stefan Mücke? I´ve read that he had to be taken in ambulance to the Hospital after his big crash.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3300407)   #22
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Do you have any info on Stefan Mücke? I´ve read that he had to be taken in ambulance to the Hospital after his big crash.
The team issued a short statement saying that he is okay... no further information was given, though.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:34 (Ref:3300411)   #23
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks!
Old 8 Sep 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3300428)   #24
Speed-King
Veteran

Drama for the Nova Race Ginetta that was in 3rd place overall: Stuck on track with less than an hour to go... A diesel-BMW is in P3 now.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3300450)   #25
Speed-King
Veteran

Another 24h race, another Mercedes victory... wow!