Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Sep 2012, 15:49 (Ref:3137290)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Glickenhaus Project(s) Discussion

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-13345.html

Do we even know the regs yet ? Sounds exciting though ..... leave it up to someone else to translate it properly from French though .
Old 17 Sep 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3137293)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
This is what Glickenhaus posted on his Facebook page:

"On October 27Th P 4/5 Competizione will return to The Ring. We've done a futher EVO and hope to be a bit faster. We also hope to lower our Ring Time Record for a Ferrari Powered car below 6:51 and as this race will be part of The FIA World Championship Alternate Energy Cup, which we're currently leading in class 7, we also hope to win an FIA World Championship at this Race. We're considering various possibilities for 2013 and 2014. The LMP1 rules for 2014 are very suited to an Alternate Energy Car and we're exploring the possibility of building and racing P 4/5 LMP in 2014. For that to happen we would of course have to raise considerable sponsorship and while that is by no means assured we are taking the first step with these renderings."
Old 17 Sep 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3137297)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Nice dream, good luck to them raising the funding.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3137348)   #4
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really nice dream. This project is certainly in the spirit of Le Mans so let's hope they can pull something together. Shame G56 is taken in '13 as they could have argued for inclusion in that.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3137360)   #5
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Some F1 powertrain speculation by RaceCar Engineering:
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...can-privateer/
Old 17 Sep 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3137432)   #6
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hadn't heard that about the Ferrari hybrid system. They'd have the complete drivetrain of a potential P1 contender knocking around the factory in Maranello.

Porsche vs Ferrari would be INSANE! But at the very least they could hook up Glickenhaus with some kit.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3137490)   #7
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that's what I called a prototype!

Still, I hope there's enough money to build one... or drag Ferrari into endurance racing again.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3137528)   #8
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Some F1 powertrain speculation by RaceCar Engineering:
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...can-privateer/
Engine regulations for 2014 are open...in theory ANYTHING goes. But, you have to pull your fuel through a fuel flow meter. Thus, they'll be little advantage of dragging around a large capacity turbo (for example) when power is essentially capped by the fuel flow meter. So, expect small capacity turbos will small cylinder counts. Is that F1? Conveniently yes. And when Jean Todt says, "And maybe I'll manage to convince several engine manufacturers who are now in endurance racing or elsewhere into building engines for F1 too: Audi, Toyota, Porsche, the Koreans..." be wary...
Old 18 Sep 2012, 00:33 (Ref:3137539)   #9
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Hey

Any of you at the Ring on Oct. 27Th please say hi as we'll be there with P 4/5 Competizione.

Best
Old 18 Sep 2012, 03:11 (Ref:3137564)   #10
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to you guys! Git 'r dun!
Old 18 Sep 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3137812)   #11
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I understand they have not talked to Ferrari about this but are talking to several other manufacturers....... McLaren and Pagani have been mentioned I believe.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 13:24 (Ref:3137819)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
It is a shame Ferrari didn't come forward with any kind of gesture towards the team following their 'Ring heroics.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3137821)   #13
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
As expected, Ferrari do not want anything to do with this project.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3137831)   #14
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari has a GTE program, a GT3 program, and a F1 program, I think it's enough if they don't want to leave the F1 because of the V6 engines.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3138135)   #15
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I hope that one is not a sign that Glickenhaus would fall just like Pescarolo Team this year...
Old 19 Sep 2012, 04:10 (Ref:3138205)   #16
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I hope that one is not a sign that Glickenhaus would fall just like Pescarolo Team this year...
Nah, Glickenhaus is loaded, these cars for him are basically vanity projects. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3138250)   #17
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Managed pretty OK without Ferrari backing at the Nurburgring already. Even without congratulations by Ferrari, for that matter, where Red Bull, Caterham F1 and many others did gave their congratulations.

But these renders are just a toe in the water, sort of a feasability study and something to show to potential sponsors to get the budget together. Hope they pull it off!
Old 19 Sep 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3138278)   #18
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Nah, Glickenhaus is loaded, these cars for him are basically vanity projects. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
He's loaded, but I don;t think he'll back the project financially, I think only Sponsorship will run the project..
Old 19 Sep 2012, 08:34 (Ref:3138282)   #19
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
He's loaded, but I don;t think he'll back the project financially, I think only Sponsorship will run the project..
He will...
Finding sponsorship to develop, build and run such a car is impossible in todays climate.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3138430)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I hope the mods dont mind the link - but keep an eye on this thread if you want first hand information:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383099
Old 21 Feb 2016, 01:17 (Ref:3616391)   #21
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Dunlop makes great tires. At the last VLN we were 2 OA and the car that beat us was on Dunlop. At this N24 we will have 3 cars on Dunlops and we expect to be very competitive.

If we go on to LMP 1 we will be on Dunlops.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 06:05 (Ref:3616415)   #22
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Dunlop makes great tires. At the last VLN we were 2 OA and the car that beat us was on Dunlop. At this N24 we will have 3 cars on Dunlops and we expect to be very competitive.

If we go on to LMP 1 we will be on Dunlops.
Good luck with that! Are the tires on VLC confidential? I mean, does the tires belong to the teams or the manufacturers? If they are owned by the teams it means that the tires will not feature special chemical secrets in their compounds.

Michelin have been domintating the N24 for years and you only see Dunlop, Pirelli shod cars way down the grid(I remember last year that the best Pirelli car was a Bentley and it qualified 6s behind the Bentley Michelin and race pace was 4s slower). Is there a big price difference between Dunlop and Michelin? If not, I reckon you guys would be way better off on Michelins
Old 21 Feb 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3616492)   #23
Napolis
Veteran

Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Good luck with that! Are the tires on VLC confidential? I mean, does the tires belong to the teams or the manufacturers? If they are owned by the teams it means that the tires will not feature special chemical secrets in their compounds.

Michelin have been domintating the N24 for years and you only see Dunlop, Pirelli shod cars way down the grid(I remember last year that the best Pirelli car was a Bentley and it qualified 6s behind the Bentley Michelin and race pace was 4s slower). Is there a big price difference between Dunlop and Michelin? If not, I reckon you guys would be way better off on Michelins
We tested Michelin and Dunlop back to back at Spa.
We stayed on Dunlop.

All top teams use confidential tires.

At Hockenheimring at the sport Auto Test we did pretty well on our Dunlops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QXhuy_AarY

At our last VLN race which as I said was won by a Dunlop car and where we finished second we did an 8:01 which isn't too bad.

We also remain hopeful about the Tires Dunlop are working on for our street legal car and look forward to seeing what sort of Ring time she'll do.

We'll also unrestrict and unballast our race car at some point and have a go at Stephen's record on our Dunlops.

If any of you are at the 12 Hours of Mugello, (One tire race/ Hankook) any VLN's or the N24 please say Hello.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3616585)   #24
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guess if there's one place where you could race the car pretty much unrestricted in Germany (or whole Europe for that matter?), would be DMV GTC. See where it really takes you. And beat that old GT1 Viper and Pagani

Maybe by the time you (possibly) join LMP1 more makes than just Mic and Dunlop have joined the show again. There can never be too much tire variety in todays diminishing variety on that front.

By the way there used to be own dedicated thread for your hypothetical P1 back in the day, on top of the P4/5 thread, perhaps we should move these dedicated discussions there (or new updated thread) instead of having scattered discussion here and the LMP1-incentive thread, and VLN one, etc
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ht=glickenhaus

Last edited by Deleted; 21 Feb 2016 at 22:05.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 10:04 (Ref:3616675)   #25
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@Napolis
Thanks very much for the response

I guess you guys are a top team, ie, your team also tested with confidential tires? Assuming it to be so, then I can deduce that Dunlop proved to be a better tire, correct?

Do you know the reason for most top teams(like the former dominator Marc VDS) using Michelins, then?